Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Shifty Pony posted:

but seriously no, downswings are blamed on Trump saying something loving stupid, usually wrt China. the faithful however only have to wait a few hours because as soon as it is 2AM in Beijing some other official in the admin will tell the press that negotiations are going fantastically and Number Go Up.

Even all that is attributable to nothing in the real world. Number always goes up. If parallel Earth in Bitchcoin alpha worldline can go down and bleed into our perception, when the wormholes are set to “off,” it is impossible for number go down. In the Bitchcoin universe prime it is 1986 and and PoW just forced a Soviet reactor to meltdown trying to send the price down. Of course the hero was My Win3.1 Rig, who threw his Ham Sandwiches into the reactor to SCRAM it and then number started back up as only natural.

If this doesn’t make sense sorry. I only get a little monitored computer time and I am in the process of phone posting and getting my meds back working again while I wean from four and then add two new ones to my day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

DerekSmartymans posted:

Even all that is attributable to nothing in the real world. Number always goes up. If parallel Earth in Bitchcoin alpha worldline can go down and bleed into our perception, when the wormholes are set to “off,” it is impossible for number go down. In the Bitchcoin universe prime it is 1986 and and PoW just forced a Soviet reactor to meltdown trying to send the price down. Of course the hero was My Win3.1 Rig, who threw his Ham Sandwiches into the reactor to SCRAM it and then number started back up as only natural.

If this doesn’t make sense sorry. I only get a little monitored computer time and I am in the process of phone posting and getting my meds back working again while I wean from four and then add two new ones to my day.

:beerpal:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
stay safe schizophrenic smoking frog

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
poutine if it’s from southern France, is a dish consisting of baby anchovies and sardines eaten raw

explain yourselves Canada

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

poutine if it’s from southern France, is a dish consisting of baby anchovies and sardines eaten raw

canada: noted region of southern france

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Weatherman posted:

reminder that the very first reply, two minutes after the OP, to the very first buttcoin thread on these dead gay forums was a fyad poster simply saying "autism kroners"

i prefer dunning-krugerrands

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Suspicious posted:

:same:

also partial to pounds spergling

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Weatherman posted:

also partial to pounds spergling

:wrong:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

they call it "bit"coin but the blockchain is acutely 220 gigabytes, what the heck>???

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Suspicious posted:

i like this one because it doesn't have the "lol autism amirite" attached which at this point is getting pretty... dated, let's say

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

apparently that's cumming tonite

:heysexy:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Shame Boy posted:

i like this one because it doesn't have the "lol autism amirite" attached which at this point is getting pretty... dated, let's say

Yeah, plus it's funny in multiple ways.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
Poutine is how Putin is spelled in french

explain yourself canada

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Zlodo posted:

Poutine is how Putin is spelled in french

explain yourself canada

that's exactly how it would be pronounced, and spelling it that way is funny

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
putin is the french word for whore

or am i being wooshed here?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Shame Boy posted:

plus it’s offensively inaccurate. autistic folk arent typically obsessed with money. we’re more likely not to care about it at all. the only possible source of interest in bitcoin is the cryptography, and there’s nothing special there. they didn’t even roll their own ffs.

no, cryptocurrency is for libertarians, get-rich-quickers, ascended goldbugs, and other varieties of idiot. dunning-krugerrand is the perfect name.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://twitter.com/pascalboyart/status/1133077870656532480

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Promotion Idea for Bitcoin - Gamer tags (self.Bitcoin)
submitted an hour ago by H1gH_EnD

Hey guys,

I'm sure we have plenty of gamers in this community. I was thinking about what I can do to promote Bitcoin. While playing a session of CSGO I thought, that it could be a great idea if I and more people choose Gamer tags that include "Bitcoin", BTC or something similar.

The better your stats, the more people will notice you and you will perhaps get some people curious and trigger them to do some research in the end. With gamers we might also be talking about a target group that is easily convinced of the power of Bitcoin.

What do you think?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
i know that when i play online games i always include [JPY] in my gamer tag so people know what currency im a supporter of

also because [boxturret's mom] is too long usually

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Weatherman posted:

i know that when i play online games i always include [JPY] in my gamer tag so people know what currency im a supporter of

also because [boxturret's mom] is too long usually

The latter can be abbreviated [btc] it turns out

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

the great factions in vidja games:

horde versus alliance
guardians versus taken
heroes versus villains
btc versus fiat

the war wages on

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Weatherman posted:

reminder that the very first reply, two minutes after the OP, to the very first buttcoin thread on these dead gay forums was a fyad poster simply saying "autism kroners"

has anyone got a collection of bitcoin threads on SA?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

divabot posted:

has anyone got a collection of bitcoin threads on SA?

i have these ones

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

gschmidl posted:

The latter can be abbreviated [btc] it turns out

Box Turret's Crone?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Paladinus posted:

Box Turret's Crone?

:iiam:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

i guess it's fine that ross has a hobby

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

In Canada, poutine (possibly derived from a slang term for "mess") was the name for pudding-like dishes and desserts, and still is in Louisiana and Acadia. It only comes to mean the cheese curds and gravy thing in the early 80s, and that meaning eclipsed all the others. Now we just call pudding, "pudding"

Another fun food etymology is fudge. The sense of fudge as "make up on the spot" in reference to records is the original meaning. It gets applied to the food in the early 20th century America as the dessert recipes were just something "fudged up on the spot".

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

shh shhh, is legend. number never go down.

but seriously no, downswings are blamed on Trump saying something loving stupid, usually wrt China. the faithful however only have to wait a few hours because as soon as it is 2AM in Beijing some other official in the admin will tell the press that negotiations are going fantastically and Number Go Up.

lol get a load of this guy who doesn't understand number

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Boxturret posted:

i have these ones

I'll trade you a "Bitcoin is still funny and the xbox one has the wrong kind of RAM" for a "it's buttcoin.gov now"

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3543334

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

hmmmm....no

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Boxturret posted:

hmmmm....no

But it's green, the color of money!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
i like bit butts and i cannot lie

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

...! posted:

Promotion Idea for Bitcoin - Gamer tags (self.Bitcoin)
submitted an hour ago by H1gH_EnD

Hey guys,

I'm sure we have plenty of gamers in this community. I was thinking about what I can do to promote Bitcoin. While playing a session of CSGO I thought, that it could be a great idea if I and more people choose Gamer tags that include "Bitcoin", BTC or something similar.

The better your stats, the more people will notice you and you will perhaps get some people curious and trigger them to do some research in the end. With gamers we might also be talking about a target group that is easily convinced of the power of Bitcoin.

What do you think?
csgo already has plenty of people that put Russian esport gambling sites in their names for reasons so likely no one would notice at all.

That and bitcoin pretty much is Russian esport gambling, just with less regulation, oversight, and price stability of virtual objects.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what if we just shout the word bitcoin in crowded public places?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
what if someone were to say buttcoin in a crowded public place, or indeed at all

...!
Oct 5, 2003

AlbieQuirky posted:

i like bit butts and i cannot lie

liar

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

im pretty sure they actually have already tried that, no joke

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Boxturret posted:

i guess this approach worked pretty well for all the current major religions

well, this approach plus a bit of putting people to the sword and burning their houses down if they refuse to convert, but bitcoin will struggle on those fronts until its advocates finish mastering the blade and persuading toaster manufacturers to add bitcoin miners to their products

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

im pretty sure they actually have already tried that, no joke

did it work?