Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Big 3 #1 (1940)

Kid Eternity #5 (1947)

Spidey Super Stories #2 (1974)

Animal Man #16 (1989)

Colorist picks an interesting dialogue exchange for this particular gently caress-up.

Hitman #32 (1998)

The Shade #1 (2011)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

X-O posted:

The Jimmy Olsen in that book looks like he's like 10 or 12 years old.

That might be because he's wearing a gorilla's bathrobe.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

That might be because he's wearing a gorilla's bathrobe.

I mean the one in the actual Superman book. Last month's issue where he woke up in the fortress he was drawn looking like a small child.

X-O fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 29, 2019

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

X-O posted:

I mean the one in the actual Superman book. Last month's issue where he woke up in the fortress he was drawn looking like a small child.

I don't know if that's Mr. Bones in the lower left, but I'd hope that the paramedics would put on some gloves when working on a guy where skin to skin contact is lethal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

I don't know if that's Mr. Bones in the lower left, but I'd hope that the paramedics would put on some gloves when working on a guy where skin to skin contact is lethal.

They're just REALLY bad at their job.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

muscles like this! posted:

They're just REALLY bad at their job.

Maybe it's just a regular skeleton and they're really GOOD at their job?

Also, just leaving this here:
https://thomaskinkade.com/art-genre/dc-super-hero-fine-art/

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

X-O posted:

Why is Iron Fist so pissed at Jimmy Olson?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Crowetron posted:

Why is Iron Fist so pissed at Jimmy Olson?

That's Agent Liberty (who I thought was supposed to be dead, but oh well).

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

I feel like I've seen these as puzzles. He definitely has Disney ones.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Selachian posted:

That's Agent Liberty (who I thought was supposed to be dead, but oh well).

It's the Guardian.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I thought that was Guardian?

EDIT: Yeah, that's what i thought.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Plastik posted:

I feel like I've seen these as puzzles. He definitely has Disney ones.

Yeah, I saw them in a Walmart today.

Also, they're shiiiiiittttt.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

im just laughing at the sight of the paramedics rescuing a skeleton.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Synthbuttrange posted:

im just laughing at the sight of the paramedics rescuing a skeleton.

glad to hear he didn't break his funny bone

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
In classic Kinkade-ian style, they're really poo poo paintings.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

I'm still annoyed that Superman looks basically as he always as, but now Lois looks like Generic Attractive Woman. Like if you show someone Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy out of context they can tell you who that is, and you used to be able to do that with Lois, too.

Lois is in a t-shirt and jeans at home in those panels. To me the only thing really identifiable about Lois is what she's wearing when she's at work, otherwise without those clothes or missing other context she's just some brunette. Her and Betty Brant could switch places and I'd never know.

The reason MJ or Gwen have any advantage being identified is their hair colour. Barring any other clues or context just guessing a redhead you see in a comic is MJ has pretty good odds of being right because of how prominent a character she is. But it could be Jean Grey. There's a reason a lot of professional and fan art has MJ and Gwen wearing their iconic clothing/accessories or wearing some kind of Spider-Man clothing to clue the viewer in.

Edit: but as a thought experiment, truly removing all context is hard. Even just recognizing the artist can be a big hint. And you should remove any speech bubbles because of the lettering.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 30, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lobok posted:

The reason MJ or Gwen have any advantage being identified is their hair colour. Barring any other clues or context just guessing a redhead you see in a comic is MJ has pretty good odds of being right because of how prominent a character she is. But it could be Jean Grey.

or natasha; or hope, or rachel summers, who i couldnt tell apart if my fuckin life depended on it

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

or natasha; or hope, or rachel summers, who i couldnt tell apart if my fuckin life depended on it

Depending on whether it's a close-up or not, Pepper Potts usually has prominent freckles but some artists do that for MJ, too. I know J. Scott Campbell does the same way he does for all redheads.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hope and Rachel Summers both have prominent marks on their face and otherwise don't look anything alike.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

Hope and Rachel Summers both have prominent marks on their face and otherwise don't look anything alike.

Out of context stuff has had people thinking hope was either the time displaced Jean Grey, or just Jeand Grey being drawn too young.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Even Peter Parker suffers the same problem. That's why artists often give him those Spider-Mandible locks of hair on his forehead.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The only thing I really associate with Lois Lane is that she has purple eyes which I don't think anyone else has in (western) comics aside from aliens.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

The only thing I really associate with Lois Lane is that she has purple eyes which I don't think anyone else has in (western) comics aside from aliens.

Drizzt.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if you really have trouble telling Hope and Rachel Summers apart I don't think you've ever actually looked at either character

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh man now there’s a name I haven’t seen in a loving long time. Are they still making books about him and his gang of idiots?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
evey time ive seen them they look to me like jean grey with varying degrees of short hair except one wears green and one wears red, but also i dont read very many x books :shrug:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh man now there’s a name I haven’t seen in a loving long time. Are they still making books about him and his gang of idiots?

"rasalvatore.com posted:

Friday April 12, 2019 - RASalvatore.com is taking pre-orders for signed/personalized copies of R. A. Salvatore's next Drizzt novel, Boundless

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

this is just great

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i think that person might be doa

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Lord death man in a candid moment

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Would pay to sit in on Metropolis EMT courses where they have to cover metahuman care.

"What if your patient is a literal skeleton."

"Load 'em up. gently caress it we don't know and our liability insurance is not that good."

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Superior Spider-man #5

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i actually just snipped this one from todays superior. tbh im enjoying this comic more than i probably should so far

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

site posted:

i think that person might be doa

You mean D.E.O.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Synthbuttrange posted:

this is just great

His jaw locked while he was trying to take a bite of a sandwhich.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

TwoPair posted:

What’s the deal with that?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

Would pay to sit in on Metropolis EMT courses where they have to cover metahuman care.

"What if your patient is a literal skeleton."

"Load 'em up. gently caress it we don't know and our liability insurance is not that good."

"Only an MD can declare death! We're just following the rules!"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I don't think they declare people dead in comics, just "Temporarily Absent" and wait for the comeback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

this is just great

That's why I mentioned it might be Mr. Bones; former supervillain turned head of government superhero interaction agency who has transparent skin with the small problem that touching it is toxic.