Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
I don’t understand how Atrum has restrained himself from shooting people involved in contract fuckery yet. :commissar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
Lord help me, I'm considering activating this game again. I haven't played since 2015 (briefly) and 2009 prior to that.

Is there anything at all a goon with very limited playing time (someone with a kid) could do that would be fun or worthwhile?

I used to mostly dual box small gang (Black Ops) PvP with a dictor and HAC/Recon, but I can fly logistics and was training toward command ships (I think?) before I quit last time.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet

Holyshoot posted:

Most people paying for accounts with plex bought with isk have 2+ accounts. Very few people I imagine want to pay tons of money in sub fees for a video game. But one account makes more sense to just pay the sub if you're not great at making isk.

I pay for 3 accounts. A main account, cyno account, and super cap account.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I love me a good war.

It really brings out the best worst in people

Here's a fun one from tonight, I convoed a market relister in KQK and his response was:
[23:37:57] Viktor Koraka > please speak to my CEO if you have an issue
...Then he closed convo.

:commissar:

A few minutes pass, a few buttons were clicked, and he goes off the rails as he starts realizing that he is about to get shot in the head.

[23:48:37] Viktor Koraka > bet you're a fat oval office with no life so you get jollys off being a oval office lord in video games

:munch:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wibla posted:

I love me a good war.

Here's a fun one from tonight, I convoed a market relister in KQK and his response was:
...Then he closed convo.

A few minutes pass, a few buttons were clicked, and he goes off the rails as he starts realizing that he is about to get shot in the head.

[23:48:37] Viktor Koraka > bet you're a fat oval office with no life so you get jollys off being a oval office lord in video games

Lol owned. What was he relisting?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
It's amazing people still get mad at this game, what 16 years later?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Rutibex posted:

Lol owned. What was he relisting?

Warrior I's

:laffo:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wibla posted:

Warrior I's

:laffo:

Ok that's hilarious

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wibla posted:

I love me a good war.

...Then he closed convo.

But did he call you rocket man?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

kirtar posted:

But did he call you rocket man?

To everyone's great disappointment, no.

:smith:

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet
https://zkillboard.com/kill/76911702/

Lol

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

idgi

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

It looks like the guy a couple posts up that failed to shout "I know The Mittani, you will regret this!" on the way out the door.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i think that guy was kicked for market fuckery then got blown up

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah it was.

He sent some FCs 2.5b as a "thank you" on the way out, lol.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wibla posted:

Yeah it was.

He sent some FCs 2.5b as a "thank you" on the way out, lol.

Time to ring him

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Until you linked the kill board, I didn't realize he was in TNT *when you were told to talk to his CEO*.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I've been winning EVE for a couple of years, and even though I'm pretty sure the answer is :downs: I still have to ask: who in the hell puts 23b worth of rigs on a T3 destroyer and then puts another 9.5b worth of faction ammo in cargo? Are those kb prices even close to correct?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jazzzzz posted:

I've been winning EVE for a couple of years, and even though I'm pretty sure the answer is :downs: I still have to ask: who in the hell puts 23b worth of rigs on a T3 destroyer and then puts another 9.5b worth of faction ammo in cargo? Are those kb prices even close to correct?

Its millions not billions.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Rutibex posted:

Its millions not billions.

the :downs: is me, friends

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That multifit button is cool as gently caress. :swoon: It makes me wish I was assembling hundreds of frigates again just so I could watch it happen.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
So many Ferox fleets! bah

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
trig rats are legit broken, i've destroyed 6b and made 1.1b in my first 20 minutes just bumping, not even suicide pointing yet

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
another providence and occator down in 10 minutes

this is busted

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Please tell me the triglavians are also podding them.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I don't understand what is going on here, globby cue me in on how you are getting the ai to attack nice friendly carebear haulers

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

orange juche posted:

I don't understand what is going on here, globby cue me in on how you are getting the ai to attack nice friendly carebear haulers

it's experimental

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

currently have 6 bil of loot in my cargo, numerous freighters, t3s, and hacs down, and like 4 gilas.

every autopiloter is dying

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

it's a bloody warzone

i must've caused the deaths of 50 people in a couple of hours this is ridiculous

thanks CCP finally for a good patch

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That's amazing. Talk about unintended consequences lol. I wonder if they will change it before the end of the invasion, or just let the bloodbath continue.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Rutibex posted:

That's amazing. Talk about unintended consequences lol. I wonder if they will change it before the end of the invasion, or just let the bloodbath continue.

i guarantee you some ccp dev is seething rn, they completely changed how the AI worked from the last time we did this, but we broke it again

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ez 12 bil in profit

probably 60-70b destroyed

all i used was the occasional suicide point and a bumper

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Looking forward to the inevitable ban.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Gotta love every moron that autopilots billions in yotl 2019 eve

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 14:51 on May 29, 2019

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
CCP adds hisec gate rats, predictable results follow

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

The rats do about 1000 DPS and have mediocre neut pressure per group, and I've seen up to 5 groups on grid, although sometimes they'll hit a citadel 1500 off and slowboat over to you. Each group operates independently. They tend to agro the most recent thing on grid (since them coming on grid), and occasionally stick to a target for an extended period of time. I think offensive modules being used pulls agro consistently. The named drifter commander can either do heavy neuts, a fuckton of dps, or is tankier from what I've been told.

So there are a couple of ways that I'm currently killing them:

Inbound traffic (stuff entering the gate I'm killing people on) is scouted a jump ahead of time, and if it is a high value ship I will suicide point it, and then bump it with my mach. The rats web, so keeping something bumped is much easier, which allows me to bump cruisers in my macharial. If it's a freighter I just bump it normally until it dies. I try and bump things close to the gate, so if the rats switch to something else, they don't have to travel far.

Outbound traffic (things landing at the gate I'm killing people at) is mostly autopiloters, and those are killed by the rats pretty quickly. I'll also hero bump anything valuable landing at 0 on the gate or on people who click 'Warp to 0' instead of 'Jump' and don't realize their mistake for a couple of seconds.

The big suck is that I don't use my suicide points for most things, so I haven't gotten a single killmail, and it's likely that if petitioned people will get all of their stuff back, so I had one of my separated accounts petition a 200m-500m loss to see if CCP reimburses it.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

on the performance end of things, i don't know if it's been this update or the last 2 months of patches ( as i haven't played since then ) but I have massive lag issues playing with the same setup i did months prior

(or that triangles are laggy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
globby what would happen if you focused on something other than eve