Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItWasMoida
Jan 31, 2019

I only come out when it is wet.

Lurdiak posted:

You have to understand, the people at the center of these things, complaining the loudest, making dozens of youtube videos... they don't actually care about any of this. They're just using media people are emotionally attached to as a wedge to sneak anti-diversity, anti-woman ideas. If you just come out and say "Women have too much power and I want to return to a strict patriarchy where they're disenfranchised", people will tell you to gently caress off. But if you tell them that big studios are ruining superheroes because feminists are making them add bad superheroes, then they will listen. Then you just pile up enough bad faith arguments where it just so happens that all positive portrayals of women in media are part of a vast conspiracy and "pandering" and "SJW bullshit", and whoop, you've got viewers advocating your anti-woman agenda for you, and they don't even know they're doing it.

That's a truth sandwich with all the fixin's.

And it makes so much sense as well. It goes beyond "complaining just to complain." Every tweet, every post, every hot take is just another reinforcement of their own agenda. And it's not surprising either. As if they know their position wouldn't fly in a straight debate. So, of course, they take shots at easy targets that vaguely allude to their agenda without out and out stating it.

Clever. And by clever I mean morally and intellectually bankrupt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Angry Salami posted:

There was some nitwit whining about it on Reddit in the trailer thread Schwarzenegger posted; Schwarzenegger wasn't impressed and basically asked him if he'd seen the first two movies.

There's something funny about John Connor only being the main character in the two films literally everyone dislikes.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

rkajdi posted:

I mean, Wonder Woman is in a hyper sexualized outfit and was an explicit fetish character from day one.

So was Black Widow and they fukken HATE her.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Puppy Time posted:

Yeah, I could understand that. I mean, to be fair, her character was pretty dull... But then again, so were almost every Avenger...

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Puppy Time posted:

Why do they hate Endgame then?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Neal Adams is yelling at Democrat politicians for being wimps.

https://twitter.com/nealadamsdotcom/status/1133783944048988160

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
why is this in the industry terribleness thread, hes right

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Because I'm a dummy and saw it out of context and thought he was yelling at Democrat voters or w/e.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Endless Mike posted:

Because I'm a dummy and saw it out of context and thought he was yelling at Democrat voters or w/e.

It still works

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Mr Hootington posted:

It still works

Yeah, there is no context where "stop being a wuss and fight the fascists" is a bad thing. Well, unless they are doing that thing where they claim civil rights activists or something similar are "the real fascists." But that isn't happening here so its irrelevant.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
patch is having a normal one online

https://twitter.com/PatrickZircher/status/1133846926846255105

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

Neal Adams is yelling at Democrat politicians for being wimps.

https://twitter.com/nealadamsdotcom/status/1133783944048988160

Neal Adams' politics are very, very strange.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Given how out there he is, I'm always afraid he'll Milkshake Duck, but so far his weirdness seems to be staying pretty harmless.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
This was a few years back, but Neal was doing a signing at my LCBS alongside a few local artists. One customer, a black man, complimented Neal on his work in Green Lantern/Green Arrow #76 and was telling him how much it meant to him. Neal apparently took this as the man complimenting him on how he draws black people in general and said out loud, among a very diverse crowd and while sitting next to a black artist, "You know, not many people can draw the American Negro very well. The trick is that it's all in the nose and the lips."

Things were frosty for the rest of the day.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1134261492717641728

I suddenly realize I don't recall what EVS' signature looks like, but also don't have a hard time believing it.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1134261492717641728

I suddenly realize I don't recall what EVS' signature looks like, but also don't have a hard time believing it.

It's the little pseudo-swastika in the lower right image.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The EVS Nazi theories predate his association with Comicsgate for sure.

https://twitter.com/KingImpulse/status/896472590843338752/photo/1

https://twitter.com/NakatomiTim/status/862828385525010434

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Dude is burying the lede they remove it from all the art not just EVS

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Who the hell would *pretend* to be a homophobic Nazi??

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
A gay Nazi?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Someone really stupid trying to be oh so edgy on the internet. I have no doubt there's a lot of them that say this horrible poo poo online just to get a reaction. Thing is though at some point it stops being a poor attempt to be edgy and just becomes their true self.

And honestly it doesn't matter if it's pretend edginess, it has the same result as if it was real so there's really no difference.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gynovore posted:

Who the hell would *pretend* to be a homophobic Nazi??

Someone who sees a way to bilk homophobic Nazis out of money and has no dignity or morals.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

ImpAtom posted:

Someone who sees a way to bilk homophobic Nazis out of money and has no dignity or morals.

Hell, If I thought of a way to scam money from Nazis I'd do it. They'd just spend it on Pabst Blue Ribbon or Marlboro Lights or Stormfront memberships anyway.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gynovore posted:

Hell, If I thought of a way to scam money from Nazis I'd do it. They'd just spend it on Pabst Blue Ribbon or Marlboro Lights or Stormfront memberships anyway.

At least PBR is a union company.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
so, uh, Image apparently retracted its own response to this Joshua Luna article. any idea what they said

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05/31/joshua-luna-blasts-image-comics-for-anti-poc-double-standards/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
im not sure if this is the whole thing but

e: replacing deleted tweet

https://twitter.com/Nick_Hanover/status/1134592945968074753

site fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 1, 2019

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

"I showed it to my Asian friends, they didn't like it."

Yikes. That is one terrible official statement.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I really wish people would not use Bleeding Cool as a primary source for comics news.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wish BC wasn't often a primary source for comic news, but I agree.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

I really wish people would not use Bleeding Cool as a primary source for comics news.

Well if someone else covered this kind of news then maybe you'd have a point. As of now one other site has even mentioned it and they only did it within the last hour.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I miss Comics Allience

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I just noticed how downvoted the Batwoman trailer is in completely unsurprising news.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I just noticed how downvoted the Batwoman trailer is in completely unsurprising news.

I've seen people ranting about how Good Omens has been SJW'd and is trash so people are gonna people.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I've seen people ranting about how Good Omens has been SJW'd and is trash so people are gonna people.

How is this possible? Have they not read Gaiman/Pratchett?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SoftNum posted:

Characters are not white/are women who previously were white/male and this is unacceptable.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

SoftNum posted:

These are the same people who whined about how ST:Discovery ruined Star Trek by being full of political correctness and SJW messages.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SoftNum posted:

Adam and Eve (who are only in it for a minute) are black, Frances Mcdormand narrates it and is explicitly called "God" in the title.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Adam and Eve (who are only in it for a minute) are black, Frances Mcdormand narrates it and is explicitly called "God" in the title.

I feel like I don't want to know this but why would Adam and Eve have to be white?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

bessantj posted:

I feel like I don't want to know this but why would Adam and Eve have to be white?

You already know the answer to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bessantj posted:

Because that's how they were painted by a bunch of Italians 700 years ago.