Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Cazzle camouflage.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Xzibit is pleased by this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/1133849997248585728
https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/1133852497305526272
https://twitter.com/chrostoon/status/1133860706988773377

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

gbut posted:

There's a David Mitchell reference somewhere in there.

When I saw that meme (Uncle Sam as Darth Maul), my first thought was, "Are we the baddies?"

Or basically

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC....zFUhy%2fTRvA39w

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Batman fuckin' loves giant mecha. He can't get enough of them.

https://imgur.com/TIRl86Q

:colbert:

(Why won't the picture show up in [img] tags? They always used to.)

VVV Thanks!

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 00:27 on May 30, 2019

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

The Mighty Moltres posted:

https://imgur.com/TIRl86Q

:colbert:

(Why won't the picture show up in [img] tags? They always used to.)

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Dammit. The guy who got got juuuust deleted his reply to the setup

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

novaSphere posted:

It's weird that he picked that one post to delete, because he's spent the last two hours insisting repeatedly that he's not owned you guys, no you are the real bofas, I'm not crying you're crying.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ughHugs/status/1133417641924800512

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Incredible. :golfclap:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

These have been getting crossposted to other nature nerd meme groups that I'm in. Memes spread like wildfire.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Memes uh, find a way

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Milo and POTUS posted:

Memes uh, find a way

Truly cancerous.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I think in an academic sense those memes, and most memes, do operate like cancer-- they quickly spread and mutate and kill whatever humor is attached to them like the inefficient pieces of garbage they are.

Compare to like Killroy was Here or that Roman square from 2000 years ago or the song Bohemian Rhapsody being sung by everyone at a Green Day concert-- those memes have retained such a fundamental purity without a degradation in quality that they probably qualify as healthy as poo poo.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I hope she's also boycotting all the varieties of bananas that are usually sold in supermarkets, God originally put seeds in them as well:

It's not like seedless watermelons are all that "unnatural" anyway, they're just a sterile hybrid of two other kinds of watermelons. Pretty much the equivalent of crossing a horse with a donkey to create a mule.

And even then the seeded watermelons you can get in stores are way different to how they looked centuries ago:
https://hyperallergic.com/226096/the-evolution-of-the-watermelon-captured-in-still-lifes/
.... which would also have been fairly different from how they originally looked in the wild before they were cultivated.

I honest-to-glob don’t think she’s touched a banana since I used the Cavendish clones as a counter example after one of her anti-gmo rants like three years ago. I am not claiming that she is right or entirely all there, but merely that she might provide some valuable insight into why a fringe catholic group might disparage seedless watermelons.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

It's all of the above because if the Real Options people had their way, a coat hanger would be the only way to get an abortion.

Wait, really? I saw this same exact thing in the San Francisco bay area...

edit: beaten

DeadlyMuffin has a new favorite as of 06:35 on May 30, 2019

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Oh man, Giger's captions. I know that's probably what "Batmobile" was translated to in German or whatever, but all I can think of is H.G. Giger doing this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqqCy0_OlcM

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Knormal posted:

Oh man, Giger's captions. I know that's probably what "Batmobile" was translated to in German or whatever

Why would you think that instead of "Giger was just an old guy :shrug:"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why would you think that instead of "Giger was just an old guy :shrug:"
When do you think the Batmobile first became an element of popular culture?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

FactsAreUseless posted:

When do you think Gieger started to give a gently caress about popular culture instead of mecha-penis and cyber-vaginas?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

When do you think Gieger started to give a gently caress about popular culture instead of mecha-penis and cyber-vaginas?

Do you think when Gieger eventually peels off his own flesh to reveal a horrifying biomechanical alien likeness of his own artwork lurking beneath anyone will truly be surprised?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Do you think when Gieger eventually peels off his own flesh to reveal a horrifying biomechanical alien likeness of his own artwork lurking beneath anyone will truly be surprised?

I'll be pretty surprised since the dudes been dead for five years.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Only the torso.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

gently caress yeah bring back Science With Swears!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

novaSphere posted:

You mean the "Stop liking this your making my notifications explode!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

In Switzerland? No idea.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Ak Gara posted:

Ok

loving dipshit memelords don't know the difference between motherfucking specific gravity and density. Assholes dumber than a 6th grader don't realize that while each particle is heavier, water has almost 1,000 times the particles in the same poo poo-licking volume, so yeah water won't float on argon. Cunts.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

tgacon posted:

I honest-to-glob don’t think she’s touched a banana since I used the Cavendish clones as a counter example after one of her anti-gmo rants like three years ago. I am not claiming that she is right or entirely all there, but merely that she might provide some valuable insight into why a fringe catholic group might disparage seedless watermelons.

Huh, if she actually stopped eating seedless bananas I can actually respect that.

Now go through her pantry and pull out every single item and explain how the ingredients have been genetically altered from the original wild organisms. Start with wheat and corn, that should cull out a pretty large percentage of foodstuffs. :v:

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Ak Gara posted:

no

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

lol Kosovo

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

BrianBoitano posted:

Ok

loving dipshit memelords don't know the difference between motherfucking specific gravity and density. Assholes dumber than a 6th grader don't realize that while each particle is heavier, water has almost 1,000 times the particles in the same poo poo-licking volume, so yeah water won't float on argon. Cunts.

Maybe it's argon liquid at -303F and the water and fish are also frozen and this is dumb.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

tgacon posted:

No. Because that fringe Catholic group doesn't exist.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Paladinus posted:

No. Because that fringe Catholic group doesn't exist.

It's been around for 1,700 years, are you sure?

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

If you could somehow magically determine the current actual real population numbers of a country this would be a pretty good map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Someone is finally challenging those Catholics and their iron grip on Alabama and Georgia