Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Deathy McDeath posted:

How do you get that job?

I'll take: things you put your lips on, for $1000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Deathy McDeath posted:

How do you get that job?

Play brass instruments your entire life and then have some COL find out.

PathAsc posted:

I'll take: things you put your lips on, for $1000

In the military "music" scene you're either a beater or a blower.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Deathy McDeath posted:

When is my leave getting approved?

Maybe when you guys can figure out how not to spread disease amongst the steerage compartments and we'll let you back into port.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Lol 2nd MARDIV

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hey I lost your guys' orders and all your mail stand by

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

EBB posted:

Hey I lost your guys' orders and all your mail stand by

No problem, I'm getting paid to sit here and play on my phone.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
Bullshit. I know we're giving hip pocket classes and policing the area, oorah?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Oh poo poo I keep coming back here thinking its the Army tent.

Anyone gonna go smoke?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Do these mumps-like symptoms look OK?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

mlmp08 posted:

Do these mumps-like symptoms look OK?

Quit complaining and drink some water

Don't you dare go to BAS and make deployment readiness go below 100%

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So hey, when are we shipping out? I got important stuff I need to take care of like apartment lease, when to put my vehicle in storage. If we get zero notice and everything is done last minute with no warning it's going to be a cluster gently caress.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

bird food bathtub posted:

So hey, when are we shipping out? I got important stuff I need to take care of like apartment lease, when to put my vehicle in storage. If we get zero notice and everything is done last minute with no warning it's going to beThe Marines are a cluster gently caress.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

bird food bathtub posted:

So hey, when are we shipping out? I got important stuff I need to take care of like apartment lease, when to put my vehicle in storage. If we get zero notice and everything is done last minute with no warning it's going to be a cluster gently caress.

Nahh it's fine. The Company Gunny with just inventory everything and make sure it gets securely stored while you are on deployment.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i had a gallon ziplock bag in my aid bag at all times packed like a drug mule full of ibuprofen

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
It's fitting that the Marines on this forum deserve to be forgotten and stashed somewhere like an 80's bike in some random barn.

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007
Semper FI Fuel Injection

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Finally have my DD214 in hand, time to grow my beard.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
It's so good

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I still remember the day I left. It owned.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
It is so, so good. More importantly I need to toke up when I visit NY in July for 'medical' reasons.

Just talking to everyone at work I felt like I was talking to inmates who were just counting down the years left on their sentence. It really does feel like getting out of jail.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I wasn’t kidding. The day I got out is the most clear memory I have of being in. I remember the whole day and it was 9 years ago. That’s how awesome it was.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I remember a couple of days from my time on in, two stand out: My first night at reception and listening to people cry, and getting on a plane at Fayettenam to come home.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Triggs posted:

It is so, so good. More importantly I need to toke up when I visit NY in July for 'medical' reasons.

Just talking to everyone at work I felt like I was talking to inmates who were just counting down the years left on their sentence. It really does feel like getting out of jail.

If you hit NYC i'll spark u, no need to worry.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
poo poo come to Vegas baby it's everywhere.

Also I accidentally got routed to this page a year ago from the army thread and forgot that it's Marines in this barracks now.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
anyone got any dumb rear end SOI stories? it's been a minute

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Wasabi the J posted:

poo poo come to Vegas baby it's everywhere.

Also I accidentally got routed to this page a year ago from the army thread and forgot that it's Marines in this barracks now.

We always get hand me down Army poo poo that the Navy buys at auction and we pretend it's new since it's "New to us".

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Farrier Theaks posted:

anyone got any dumb rear end SOI stories? it's been a minute

Every one that went there.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Flikken posted:

Every one that went there.

I haven't been to Camp Geiger since 2001 (is it even still Geiger anymore)? I imagine it's largely the same as it ever was, only more dumb

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Farrier Theaks posted:

I haven't been to Camp Geiger since 2001 (is it even still Geiger anymore)? I imagine it's largely the same as it ever was, only more dumb

I'm implying all Marines are stupid stories.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Amusingly appropriate that a hand-me-down thread gets left in an obscure sub forum and forgotten about by leadership.

Might be a life lesson in there somewhere.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Farrier Theaks posted:

Yeah I bounce between Johnson and Geiger a lot right now, Geiger is infantry boots and Johnson is POG boots.

SOI seems to be less trash than Johnson facilities wise at least. I swear Johnson hasnt been renovated since the Montford marines used it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I didn't forget, I've been asking for this thread back. :mad:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

put this in byob they're cool and good

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 4, 2020

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

put this in byob they're cool and good

Someone has to buy a stupid motorcycle and a GoPro before you can leave.

Marv Albert
May 15, 2003

The Marine Corps is kind of like one of those Harley Davidsons that somebody bought brand new, rode around on enthusiastically for a few months, then gets parked in the garage when the novelty wears off and the realities of the dangers and annoyances of riding a motorcycle set in. Gradually, the bike inches closer to the back wall of the garage, becoming obscured by stacks of boxes until the owner has completely forgotten about the bike. Eventually, an enthusiastic young person hears about the bike through word-of-mouth, or perhaps even a good advertisement if the neglectful owner should clean out the garage and try to sell the bike off to some new blood - the bike so dusty and intimidating, but a potentially great experience if one can make it that way. Unfortunately, as the naive buyer is quick to find out, that poor neglected bike will require a full carburetor teardown and rebuild, the brakes are seized, the gas tank is rusty, and everything on the bike that is made of rubber is dry-rotted and perished. Yet just the same, this model of motorcycle is an incredible legend, and anyone, even the dorkiest of data dogs, would look so bad rear end for riding it. Not yet knowing the death of motivation, the new buyer squares away the bike with many hours of wrench work, but soon too discovers that motorcycling isn't as great as he though it would be. Maybe he will go through the motions of riding the motorcycle occasionally, because he is a conscientious person, but ultimately, the bike gets abandoned once the illusion slips away.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Most of the regular Marine posters are dead or they stopped visiting SA.

Those of us that are still around aren't as clever or funny, so the thread gets neglected.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hell i was guard, i just post in here bc theres so many marines who go nasty girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Im an 8404 Corpsman sooo I kinda count I guess.