Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

The crossbow aesthetic.

Broken Cog posted:

4 skulls and bones from 3 unholds :thunk:
RIP unborn unhold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

PSA, if you do the quest where you team up with a barbarian king to fight the undead, make sure you have room in your inventory after looting because I just missed out on a sweet helmet

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Sorry is this supposed to be some criticism of me saying it doesn't matter

Cause It Doesn't Matter

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Finally got my Lone Wolf run working, and managed to get my toon to level 11 by basically soloing the game and making use of training facilities. My loyal squire (I don't know if it's scripted, but have gotten an event that gave me a Brother every time I've gone pass day 10) is the only other Bro so far.

Is now the time to start going through the cheap background grind, or is it better to go up in numbers slowly and aim for the better backgrounds?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Decided to chase down a champion after a particularly vicious noble battle where we killed the other army with only a single loss. Sir Hildebert killed two of my guys and 10 of the army by himself before we managed to take him down.

Holy poo poo. Got his helmet and unique sword though. Guess its time to replace my dead warscythe dude (had to use him to stop the guy from retreating) with a retired soldier. Fatigue doesn't particularly matter for polearm dudes and i've just found unique light armour with 180 durability at 15 fatigue . I immediately slapped a +40 onto it and shoved it onto my the soldier.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Wafflecopper posted:

PSA, if you do the quest where you team up with a barbarian king to fight the undead, make sure you have room in your inventory after looting because I just missed out on a sweet helmet

I haven't run into this problem before as I'm a little OCD when it comes to my inventory....Does poo poo just disappear after you loot it if you don't have space in your inventory?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
This man is a monster

EDIT: I’ve missed out twice now on getting him a named greatsword from shops, both times I was like 4K short and it rolled over before I got back :(

Mazz fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 28, 2019

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

just picked up the worst/best named weapon. completely standard two-handed cleaver, with even slightly lower armor damage than a normal cleaver but it clocks in at a whopping 59% armor penetration. two swings pretty much kills the dude inside, while leaving his former armor shiny and intact.

totally thought it was a poo poo weapon, and honestly it kinda is against anything not wearing armor, but it's made short work of the noble war.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
As much as I like the new company backgrounds, Barbarians are even less interesting to fight than Wiedergänger hordes.
The only thing that makes them fun is that they sometimes bring Unholds, because Unholds battering through your lines make Barbarian fights resemble Orc fights a little more. And Orcs do mass melee hordes in an infinitely more interesting way.
On their own Barbarians are purely a static battle of attrition.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Jesus, the new Alps are still an absolute hell to fight unless you are 100% set up with wardogs, extra spears for everyone and everything. I wish the Devs would post a video explaining how they actually expect people to fight them.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Wizard Styles posted:

As much as I like the new company backgrounds, Barbarians are even less interesting to fight than Wiedergänger hordes.
The only thing that makes them fun is that they sometimes bring Unholds, because Unholds battering through your lines make Barbarian fights resemble Orc fights a little more. And Orcs do mass melee hordes in an infinitely more interesting way.
On their own Barbarians are purely a static battle of attrition.

I've actually been having real trouble on expert/expert with handling the top-end orc and barbarian encounters -- the ones where the Warriors outnumber you 2 to 1 or there's a whole wall of Barbarian Champions with two-handed maces.

I tried giving Indomitable to my front rank shieldwall and that works for . . . four rounds or so depending, presuming there aren't too many warriors -- but after the team runs out of fatigue, or if they break my spearwall on the flanks or surround and knock aside my two-hander guys -- it all ends in chaos.

I may just need to do a better job screening and selecting bros and building that perfect team of Iron Lung juggernaughts.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Broken Cog posted:

Jesus, the new Alps are still an absolute hell to fight unless you are 100% set up with wardogs, extra spears for everyone and everything. I wish the Devs would post a video explaining how they actually expect people to fight them.

I feel like whips are supposed to be the key to unlocking the beasts content. Definitely the key to hexen (disarm on your own dudes, weapon damages flesh but not armor so won't hurt your armored bros), extremely effective vs unholds, and berserking whips are great vs alps and geists.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I've actually been having real trouble on expert/expert with handling the top-end orc and barbarian encounters -- the ones where the Warriors outnumber you 2 to 1 or there's a whole wall of Barbarian Champions with two-handed maces.

I tried giving Indomitable to my front rank shieldwall and that works for . . . four rounds or so depending, presuming there aren't too many warriors -- but after the team runs out of fatigue, or if they break my spearwall on the flanks or surround and knock aside my two-hander guys -- it all ends in chaos.

I may just need to do a better job screening and selecting bros and building that perfect team of Iron Lung juggernaughts.

Late game barbarians are so much stronger than orcs it's rediculous, barbarian champions are like 80% of the damage output of an orc berserker with 80% of the armour of a warrior

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

I feel like whips are supposed to be the key to unlocking the beasts content. Definitely the key to hexen (disarm on your own dudes, weapon damages flesh but not armor so won't hurt your armored bros), extremely effective vs unholds, and berserking whips are great vs alps and geists.

Even with whips it's an uphill battle, you really need those 12 dogs, which is really stupid for an enemy that can ambush you on the field when you're not prepared.

Edit: Also, sometimes the Alps wait until after your turn to summon, which means that the nightmares can attack immediately before you get to act unless you passed your entire first turn which is amazing design, let me tell you

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 28, 2019

Bogarts
Mar 1, 2009
So if you beat the guy inside the Icy Cavern to get the broken ritual armor and then reload an earlier save when you redo the fight the event that fires when you win won't happen and you don't get the broken ritual armor and the quest never starts. So don't make a save before that fight to test some builds/weapons like I did and gently caress up your game. Even loading earlier saves won't fix it.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

RabidWeasel posted:

Late game barbarians are so much stronger than orcs it's rediculous, barbarian champions are like 80% of the damage output of an orc berserker with 80% of the armour of a warrior

I haven't even really bothered trying, honestly. Orcs are bad enough. What tactics do people use to beat them? I want to make sure my guide isn't giving awful advice.

I can handle the "standard" encounters just fine but for the large city camps the only tactic I've figured out is training a small army of nachzehrers onto them.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 28, 2019

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

I haven't even really bothered trying, honestly. Orcs are bad enough. What tactics do people use to beat them? I want to make sure my guide isn't giving awful advice.

I can handle the "standard" encounters just fine but for the large city camps the only tactic I've figured out is training a small army of nachzehrers onto them.

Chosen really are a bitch, more than 10 in a battle my go to strat is to try and get terrain features that funnel them down a bit. If you can condense them it’s a lot easier to deal with a few at a time even with their rotations than to fight them heads up. Tundra maps have a lot of those little bushes that can do this well, although moving your entire line to them can get dicey. The 2 handed weapons they carry are way too dangerous to play attrition against man to man because chosen use rotation, adrenaline, and focus their shots into specific guys really well.

They all have 170-230 body armor so you need to cut though that ASAP, hammers are good here. No chosen have shields so axes are okay but less great. Maces and the stuns can be extremely good, as can 2h Mace dazes in the chokepoints you've created. You want to make sure you have a lot of polearms/warscythes/polehammers because you absolutely need to focus fire guys down. Every swing a chosen gets can be devastating so you need to minimize the total swings made against you ASAP.

Also use dogs as shields as you can, it can really help to buy you some extra rounds. If you see a barbarian group with an armored snow unhold.... expect to put a lot of damage into him. They are literal tanks.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 28, 2019

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Working on a new set of build proposals for the guide post-DLC, thoughts?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vz1McDfTdUtQqlLvJgBJEXpGcdyws42_1-Fyl88D0M0/edit?usp=sharing

First row across is a "standard" loadout leaving two slots open for variance

Second row across are optional artisanal builds for specific endgame crises or if you find particularly good bros/weapons

thoughts or comments?

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Oh yeah, sure, I got my rear end kicked by about a dozen Chosen supported by two Drummers and some Reavers earlier. It's not that I think Barbarians are easy, I just find them boring to fight.

Orc Young, Berserkers and Warriors all do different things and require you to react to their flanking maneuvers or just getting pushed around by Warriors.
The Thrall/Reaver/Chosen progression on the other hand is just one from low stats and nearly useless gear to :stare:.
Apart from (eventually) high numbers all they really have is Adrenaline and their special Rotation which is not something you can really do anything about as a player since they generally outnumber your bros. And Adrenaline and Rotation only add to them being a storm you need to weather.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Even with whips it's an uphill battle, you really need those 12 dogs, which is really stupid for an enemy that can ambush you on the field when you're not prepared.

Don't be ridiculous. It's way stupider than that.

The following is useless or worse in the fight:
-Shields/Defense stats/Defense perks (Nightmares auto-hit)
-Armor (Nightmares ignore)
-Ranged weapons (night, and Nightmares spawn in melee)
-Any weapon heavier than a spear (Nightmares have no health/armor)

Most of the above drains your Stamina in a fight that's a Stamina test, so optimally your whole company would be naked and armed with a spear + dog- for an extremely rare encounter that yields poor loot.

In general, I really like that the different encounters reward/punish different approaches, but they definitely took it way too far with Alps.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
I haven't had to go all-out with a Full-Nude Dog Squad in order to beat Alps yet. The most I've had to do is strip down everyone before the fight, which is still a pain in the rear end.

I think my bigger issue with them is it takes way too long to deal with more than about 4 at once. For a game that already takes a long time to play an encounter that lasts upwards of half an hour, where you're not really making any interesting decisions on most turns, is pretty lovely.

I've spent the bulk of my time playing Raider starts where I don't spend much time in the north so I haven't really seen Chosen in action yet. Do they have lovely Resolve so you can break them by wiping out their friends, or some other weakness?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

alp fights have one saving grace. that bro you spec'd into dagger mastery who's amazing on paper, but never really gets useful? he makes good shadow bait and that third attack really shines.

it's a hollow victory, just like fighting alps.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Wafflecopper posted:

You know you can transfer stuff from your inventory to make more space on the loot screen right?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Wizard Styles posted:

Oh yeah, sure, I got my rear end kicked by about a dozen Chosen supported by two Drummers and some Reavers earlier. It's not that I think Barbarians are easy, I just find them boring to fight.

Orc Young, Berserkers and Warriors all do different things and require you to react to their flanking maneuvers or just getting pushed around by Warriors.
The Thrall/Reaver/Chosen progression on the other hand is just one from low stats and nearly useless gear to :stare:.
Apart from (eventually) high numbers all they really have is Adrenaline and their special Rotation which is not something you can really do anything about as a player since they generally outnumber your bros. And Adrenaline and Rotation only add to them being a storm you need to weather.

so high end battle brothers continues to be a adventure in balancing video games

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Have they changed alps again? I never had real problems with them! They did some damage and then my bros ate em.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Captain Mediocre posted:

You know you can transfer stuff from your inventory to make more space on the loot screen right?

Yeah but this quest gives you a reward immediately after looting, which I didn’t know was coming, and hadn’t left room for. It’s okay though, turns out the reward was actually pretty poo poo stat-wise, it just looked cool. Not a big deal, certainly not like clicking through the loot screen while high as a kite and leaving an actually awesome named helmet to rot :smithicide:

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 29, 2019

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
My company is now a veteran of two huge noble battles. Only lost two guys so far because the other side thought bringing extra dogs and a shitton of two handers would be a good idea while my allied force brought along a shitton of arbalests.

That battle went from 26 of us vs 33 of them to 26 v 20 in the first two rounds. Absolutely mental, especially when my guys started stepping up to the other two handers. Goddamn they're outclassing them. Didn't get any named loot for the final battle though, an ally sniped the champion I had surrounded so I couldn't even loot his fancy named shield when he went down.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

I've spent the bulk of my time playing Raider starts where I don't spend much time in the north so I haven't really seen Chosen in action yet. Do they have lovely Resolve so you can break them by wiping out their friends, or some other weakness?
Resolve seems to be their main weakness and they usually have no morale-boosting units. They don't break in cascades like Brigands and Goblins tend to but killing Reavers and Chosen takes long enough for a few morale swings to occur.
Fatigue use was supposed to be a problem for them according to the dev blogs and Barbarians do love Adrenaline and Rotation but whenever I've fought Chosen there were multiple Drummers involved as well.

Gridlocked posted:

so high end battle brothers continues to be a adventure in balancing video games
That's definitely part of the issue but Barbarians are pretty one-dimensional as long as they don't have Unholds with them at any point in the game.
I don't hate fighting them, seeing Thralls explode as soon as a bro so much as looks at them is always nice, but it's kinda mindless.

TheBeardyCleaver
Jan 9, 2019

Working on a new set of build proposals for the guide post-DLC, thoughts?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vz1McDfTdUtQqlLvJgBJEXpGcdyws42_1-Fyl88D0M0/edit?usp=sharing

First row across is a "standard" loadout leaving two slots open for variance

Second row across are optional artisanal builds for specific endgame crises or if you find particularly good bros/weapons

thoughts or comments?

I've had some good experience putting whips and cleaver mastery on lancers. I find that Lancers aren't that great on their own just attacking with a billhook (though warschytes likely chance this, I haven't gotten to experiment with them enough due to unlucky drops and being lazy at farming), but a utility bro with a whip for disarms, a couple of nets, and a polearm for stripping armour and general head bashing is very useful.

Also, for a brute build I find that I like the 2H axes more, especially the orc axes, as when they hit the head it's a straight murder, and if not there is still the extra damage. Done some killer on the run brute axe duelists, and they have been decent enough, just nowhere near the damage output of a 2hander. I'd be very willing to be proven wrong on this point though. 1 handers are more economical fatigue wise with a one hit berserk+recover.

A very weird artisinal build I've been toying with is an overwhelm whip specialist. All he does is debuff and disarm all day. Got a raider start with a really high initative backline candidate and just went with it. Damned good in the early to mid game, but not sure how useful he'll be later on. Does murder with the Khopesh when given a chance too.

Edit: I also notice you don't have any adrenaline builds. I really like the adrenaline+recover+indomitable trick that lets you pretty much keep up indomitable (or shieldwall/riposte for that matter) for the whole fight. Adrenaline is also great for positioning. Just ask the Barbarians :stare:

TheBeardyCleaver fucked around with this message at 14:28 on May 29, 2019

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Thanks! I really appreciate this feedback

TheBeardyCleaver posted:

I've had some good experience putting whips and cleaver mastery on lancers. I find that Lancers aren't that great on their own just attacking with a billhook (though warschytes likely chance this, I haven't gotten to experiment with them enough due to unlucky drops and being lazy at farming), but a utility bro with a whip for disarms, a couple of nets, and a polearm for stripping armour and general head bashing is very useful.

Yeah, the warscythe lancer is pro. In my last run I had two Huge, high initiative, debuffing overwhelm berserking warscythe lancers and they'd routinely massacre, they ended up rocketing up in levels just from the damage output, plus they'd routinely put out five stacks of overwhelm a round. The "standard" lancer is mostly just useful as a way to make sure you have ranged supremacy vs. enemy groups and force them into melee range.

quote:

Also, for a brute build I find that I like the 2H axes more, especially the orc axes, as when they hit the head it's a straight murder, and if not there is still the extra damage. Done some killer on the run brute axe duelists, and they have been decent enough, just nowhere near the damage output of a 2hander. I'd be very willing to be proven wrong on this point though. 1 handers are more economical fatigue wise with a one hit berserk+recover.

I've never managed to like 2h axe builds because they lacked split/swing. I need to try the Bardiche.

quote:

A very weird artisinal build I've been toying with is an overwhelm whip specialist. All he does is debuff and disarm all day. Got a raider start with a really high initative backline candidate and just went with it. Damned good in the early to mid game, but not sure how useful he'll be later on. Does murder with the Khopesh when given a chance too.

Edit: I also notice you don't have any adrenaline builds. I really like the adrenaline+recover+indomitable trick that lets you pretty much keep up indomitable (or shieldwall/riposte for that matter) for the whole fight. Adrenaline is also great for positioning. Just ask the Barbarians :stare:

Both of those sound really interesting -- and yeah last time I played the consensus was that adrenalin = bad so I never monkeyed with it. How does the permanent indomitable trick work? I thought recover always blocked out the whole turn since I could never use it even if I had bonus AP from a berserk.

Edit: ahh, you turn off "auto end turns". Still that seems like the key that unlocks beating endgame encounters. I can hold off orc warriors and Barb champions fine until I run out of stamina for indomitable and spearwall, that trick seems like it solves that problem.

A backline "torturer" cleaver / overwhelm whip build could be really interesting. What was the perk list for the build? Whips are definitely useful endgame especially against unholds and in Hexen and alp fights.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 29, 2019

TheBeardyCleaver
Jan 9, 2019

Thanks! I really appreciate this feedback

Yeah, the warscythe lancer is pro. In my last run I had two Huge, high initiative, debuffing overwhelm berserking warscythe lancers and they'd routinely massacre, they ended up rocketing up in levels just from the damage output, plus they'd routinely put out five stacks of overwhelm a round. The "standard" lancer is mostly just useful as a way to make sure you have ranged supremacy vs. enemy groups and force them into melee range.

Indeed, I really need to farm scythes this run. Found some amazing backliners, so I have undead to kill :black101:

Both of those sound really interesting -- and yeah last time I played the consensus was that adrenalin = bad so I never monkeyed with it. How does the permanent indomitable trick work? I thought recover always blocked out the whole turn since I could never use it even if I had bonus AP from a berserk.

Edit: ahh, you turn off "auto end turns". Still that seems like the key that unlocks beating endgame encounters. I can hold off orc warriors and Barb champions fine until I run out of stamina for indomitable and spearwall, that trick seems like it solves that problem.
Yea, I've been playing with the auto end off since I found out about adrenaline. Really upped the game of my wreckers. Had some wreckers without it, and they just don't perform in comparison, even from the pure positioning standpoint. They often have to wait a round standing in front of a dangerous enemy, or lurk about in the back line hoping for that one step smash or rotate. Also, being able to control the initiative of a battle is something I find it hard to do without.

A backline "torturer" cleaver / overwhelm whip build could be really interesting. What was the perk list for the build? Whips are definitely useful endgame especially against unholds and in Hexen and alp fights.

Can't check in game until tomorrow but i think It's something like this:
-Recover
-Colossus
-Bags and belts (may be able to do without this, but it conserves stamina for cleavers, and room for nets.)
-Quickhands
-Dodge/Anticipation (not sure which is best here, dodge may be better if you intend to cleave things toe to toe a lot. Leave out bags and belts and get both? Dunno.)
-Relentless
-Cleaver Mastery
-Overwhelm
-Nimble
-Berserk

Edit: Forgot about duelist. May need to kill some defensive perks for that damage. May not be worth it if you're mostly gonna use the whip on unarmoured targets though.

TheBeardyCleaver fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 29, 2019

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I find I am already stuck on my 2h builds where I'm having to choose two of: colossus, steel brow, rotation, pathfinder and I'm hosed if I know how I'm going to slip in adrenaline too without sacrificing a DPS perk (I'd never take both adrenaline and rotation though). Everything else seems non optional.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

loving rear end in a top hat
is
a loving rear end in a top hat.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

RabidWeasel posted:

I find I am already stuck on my 2h builds where I'm having to choose two of: colossus, steel brow, rotation, pathfinder and I'm hosed if I know how I'm going to slip in adrenaline too without sacrificing a DPS perk (I'd never take both adrenaline and rotation though). Everything else seems non optional.

Yeah, that's the rub. Maybe drop Reach Advantage? I've never been quite as impressed with it as I should be. Most rounds you're only talking 5 or 10 points of Mdef. I might try that.

I really like having rotation on almost anyone who's either frontline or flanker.

TheBeardyCleaver posted:

Can't check in game until tomorrow but i think It's something like this:
-Recover
-Colossus
-Bags and belts (may be able to do without this, but it conserves stamina for cleavers, and room for nets.)
-Quickhands
-Dodge/Anticipation (not sure which is best here, dodge may be better if you intend to cleave things toe to toe a lot. Leave out bags and belts and get both? Dunno.)
-Relentless
-Cleaver Mastery
-Overwhelm
-Nimble
-Berserk

Edit: Forgot about duelist. May need to kill some defensive perks for that damage. May not be worth it if you're mostly gonna use the whip on unarmoured targets though.

Here's what I'm thinking for a cleaver whip torturer:

Student
Pathfinder
Rotation
Recover
Brawny / Colossus
Battleforged / Nimble
Cleaver Mastery
Quick Hands
Duelist
Berserk
K Frenzy / B&B / Fearsome

"/" = "or"

Whip for geists and unholds and asps and hexen and disarms in the opening rounds of the fight, swap to cleaver and rotate into the battle line once the axes have taken out the shields, go to town.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 29, 2019

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

RA sucks since the last nerf and I can't think of any time you'd actually take it. 5 or 10 more mdef but only sometimes, leaving you still just as vulnerable to random damage streaks. In most cases it's a worse version of underdog.

For the record my theoretical build for a general frontline tanky 2H bro is:

Student
Recover
[Two of: colossus / steel brow / pathfinder / rotate]
Underdog
Battle Forged
Indomitable
Berserk/KF/Brawny/Weapon Mastery in some order as appropriate (take brawny earlier if you already have super heavy armour, but it's no longer useful for medium weight armour)

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

RabidWeasel posted:

RA sucks since the last nerf and I can't think of any time you'd actually take it. 5 or 10 more mdef but only sometimes, leaving you still just as vulnerable to random damage streaks. In most cases it's a worse version of underdog.
I still take both on 2h bros I put on the flanks that need every bit of defense they can get and will use AoE attacks every turn.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Ok, help me make sure I've got my math right here

I use up all my fatigue popping Indomitable until I'm exhausted and can't do anything except Recover. SInce indomitable costs 20 to use, that means max fatigue I could have is 19.

I pop recover and get back half my remaining fatigue, so ([max fatigue with gear]-19) x (.5) +19. If I have 74 max fatigue, that means I'd get back 27.5, and thus have 46.5 net after recover. I then pop Adrenaline, drops me down to 26.5, next round starts and I get 15 back so I am at 41.5, and I have enough fatigue to do one Indomitable and one other 20-fatigue-cost ability (shield wall, say).
That drops me back down to my floor and next round go last (with indomitable still up), do Recover and Adrenaline, then next round act again (indomitable and . . a thing).

If I wanted to do indomitable and a thirty fatigue point cost ability like Split or Swing, I would need to have

(x-19)(.5)+19-20+15 =50, so

(x-19)(.5) =36
x-19 = 72 = 91 !! max fatigue after armor!

OTOH with sword mastery, I only need

(30x .75= 22.5)

(x-19)(.5)+14 =42.5

76 fatigue with max armor.

Does that all check out, or am I miscalculating?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Can someone help me on how to get legendary items.

I feel cursed, I have got maybe like half a dozen in 300+ hours of battle brothers. Its just like TF2 and hats all over again.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
They're a lot more common than they used to be, keep hitting up lairs as far away from towns and cities as you can go. Also Champions have guaranteed drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
How are we supposed to keep track of nighttime army ambushes?

https://imgur.com/a/7thJy21