Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

NutShellBill posted:

I have questions about this season so far.

Did season 4 and 5 happen? I realize that the Framework compressed a lot of time, and then season 5's space shenanigans really ignored time, but a few things seemed to have totally ignored.

Is Simmons pregnant? Did she have the kid, and left the child back on Earth? I could have sworn she was having morning sickness.

Did Daisy forgive other Fitz for torturing her? I thought it was a work in progress and then, oops, rebar.

Speaking of Fitz, this version was still The Doctor, right? And then add in brain damage from the bends, and whatever PTSD being a SHIELD agent has provided, and he's one bad day away from going nuts again, right?

I was under the impression this happened before the snap, and is all subject to erasure... am I right about that? Or is AoS just out of sync with the Marvel Universe? That would explain why a mass murderer with Coulson's face has attract zero Avenger attention... but that's just how the AoS universe works.

Speaking of how the world views SHIELD: SHIELD is operating openly again. Marked cars in broad daylight, a budget to hire new agents it seems, and plans for an academy. Is just a handwave pardon for saving the world from Graviton?

This show is usually pretty good about the details, and heavy handed with foreshadowing... but I do like that this season has been more fun.

Lastly, and this one is the most subjective:

Were Quake and Simmons bonding in a tripping balls way, or an actual chemistry way? When Quake pointed out that she wanted her own Fitz; she probably didn't mean involuntary surgery Fitz, and was quick to point that out, but she may have been hinting she wanted someone like that. And there's 5 people on the SHIELD search mission. And space gets lonely? I thought they were building towards Quake saying something she definitely should not have been saying, when they were interrupted under the table. I can see it being an unrequited crush kind of thing, because nothing is more apropos than Fitz and Simmons finding one more reason to not be together, like an impromptu kiss, or misinterpreted hug. I just feel like they might be going that way.

All of Season 4 happened. The exact amount of time that passed in the real world while they were in the framework in S4's third pod is unknown, but probably not too different from what was portrayed inside the framework.
All of Season 5 also happened from the viewpoint of all of the main cast except Current-Fitz, although everything in the first third of season 5 took place in a future that will never happen in the current timeline. The characters still remember visiting it however, and Deke was still brought back from it.

Simmons was not confirmed pregnant at any point in season 5, and if she'd somehow gone through pregnancy during the year between 5 and 6, I think we'd have found out about it by now.

I don't think there was ever any explicit forgiveness. Relations definitely remained strained, what with Fitz being kept confined to his room afterwards until poo poo just got too busy for them to worry about it.

Current-Fitz in season 6 is still the doctor yes. The Doctor thing was a result of the trauma from his experience in the Framework. Current-Fitz and Dead-Fitz only diverged after the Framework when he went into Cryostasis and one woke in the future, travelled back and died, and the other woke in the present due to the changed timeline.

Originally the final third of season 5 was implied to be taking place just prior to Infinity War, but season 6 has since retconned that it happened more than year prior, and the snap has yet to happen in AoS. AoS haven't really bothered with the Avengers since season 2 had them passing on the location of the Sokovia Hydra base to Maria Hill
When (or if) it eventually happens, I suppose any non--dusted AoS characters are either going to keep having adventures in the background until Endgame sets things right, or will be said to have helped save the world just off screen.

SHIELD has come back into the open multiple times since Winter Soldier on AoS. First in season 3 with US government backing (though they still kept out of the press), and then openly in season 4 with the Patriot as their director until LMDs tore it all to poo poo at the end of the season. Season 6 sees them all coming back in the open again, presumably because they have managed to adequately explain the whole LMD debacle now. Season 3 implied that the world sees them as a primarily US-based agency now, so their scope is probably heavily reduced from the massive organization that SHIELD was pre-Winter Soldier and they're primarily called in to deal with the weird poo poo that normal intelligence agencies are not equipped to handle, and the Avengers are too busy to deal with.

Daisy's drugged-out confession probably has roots in her massive misfortune in romantic relationships. First she found out Ward was a Hydra mole immediately after she'd started to acknowledge that she had romantic feelings for him, then kept getting haunted by him for another two seasons, then Lincoln went and sacrificed himself in a nuclear explosion after she'd found a somewhat-steady relationship with him. It's no wonder she's jealous of Simmons having a boyfriend/husband who'd take on the universe in order to get back to her.

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Now I want Fitz to maim murder and hardscrabble his way back from the edges of deep space and declare his true love ... for Daisy. Everyone's reactions would be amazing

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Naw, He gets back only to find out Simmons and Daisy have realized they don't need men at all.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

twistedmentat posted:

Naw, He gets back only to find out Simmons and Daisy have realized they don't need men at all.

That's almost as disturbing as Daisy and Ward.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

twistedmentat posted:

Oh man, can I petition for this?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I ship Fitzimmons and nothing else on this show. I want them together and I am angry at a TV show for continually doing this crap to them. Just kill them both so they can be together in the afterlife.*

* Oh no! Fitz goes to hell and Simmons goes to heaven!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Aleph Null posted:

I ship Quakesimmons and nothing else on this show.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

NutShellBill posted:

Is Simmons pregnant? Did she have the kid, and left the child back on Earth? I could have sworn she was having morning sickness.

She puked when she put the Deke pieces together and there was worry that the writers were doing the hacky puking=pregnant trope. Thankfully she was just having the natural reaction to finding out that your grandchild is a total idiot.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

twistedmentat posted:

Someone recreate the "Vacation" poster with Simmons, Daisy, and Enoch

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

She puked when she put the Deke pieces together and there was worry that the writers were doing the hacky puking=pregnant trope. Thankfully she was just having the natural reaction to finding out that your grandchild is a total idiot.

So that explains why grandma was always in the bathroom when I visited :smith:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Chokes McGee posted:

So that explains why grandma was always in the bathroom when I visited :smith:

Are you sure it wasn't just body odor?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Again, if the line "Hi I'm Deke, your grandson." isnt delivered I will riot.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
Much as I loved the whole space episode, I also have to say that episode 2 fight scene really impressed me. I think some of it was watching too many low-contact dancefights on CW shows all spring, but it really felt brutal and high-impact. Related to that, good that Ming-Na Wen recovered so well, serious knee injuries are really no joke.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well yeah I've always said, the choreography in this show is top notch. Comparing any of the agents fighting to Arrow slowly dance punching enemies with a bow in a shipyard warehouse is brutal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elentor posted:

Well yeah I've always said, the choreography in this show is top notch. Comparing any of the agents fighting to Arrow slowly dance punching enemies with a bow in a shipyard warehouse is brutal.

They stole AoS's fight guy for a few fights and it was very evident.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

Again, if the line "Hi I'm Deke, your grandson." isnt delivered I will riot.

Does Deke even know Fitz died? Or had he hosed off by then?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah, Deke was gone by then. But I am imagining Deke hooking up with Earth based team before meeting Daisy and Space Fitz.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

swickles posted:

Yeah, Deke was gone by then. But I am imagining Deke hooking up with Earth based team before meeting Daisy and Space Fitz.

Do they even know for sure that Deke didn't disappear when they changed the future? I mean, we know, but do they?
All they saw was that his room was spotless and he was gone.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
The chronicom took deke because he shouldn't exist yet

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Jusupov posted:

The chronicom took deke because he shouldn't exist yet

Oh, that makes sense. So Fitz will get to meet his grandson after all.
I even had that thought in passing after Fitz was kidnapped, but forgot.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I'm annoyed that they made Deke a season regular and he hasn't been in one episode yet ffs give me my sweet beautiful idiot boy back

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I mean there's a perfectly good lesbian right there, she doesn't need to try and seduce a just married straight woman.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
She's a widow and that happened already six months ago. It's time to move on. That being said, Piper is cool.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Why did everyone in space speak English though?

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Aleph Null posted:

Translator microbes, injected into the base of the skull at birth

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
What we call English is just intergalactic common. Earth is one of the rare places which has multiple languages.

Just never question that. The only time that question was answered in a satisfying way was in "Accidental Space Spy".

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Also Fitz had to learn a whole new language to pass as not Terran.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mymla posted:

I mean there's a perfectly good lesbian right there, she doesn't need to try and seduce a just married straight woman.

Main character romancing a secondary always end up bad for the secondary. And Piper is too cool to die.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Main character romancing a secondary always end up bad for the secondary. And Piper is too cool to die.

I can't wait for the end of the series, when they put Piper in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D. with Davis as her Second In Command. That's a spin off we'd all watch. :allears:

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
if either Piper or Davis dies I will riot

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Davis won’t die until the gag about not being allowed to tell the audience how he survived season 4 stops being funny and there’s not enough show left for that.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Piper and Davis are going to rise into the highest positions in SHIELD and are going to be the first and only AoS characters to transition into the MCU films.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

Why not?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Marvels PIPER and davis 2027

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Piper and Davis still exist so they can introduce more elements of the Marvel universe. We've got tons of Inhumans and a Chronicom. Gotta get some of the other ones in there. Maybe Davis turns into a vampire.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Piper and Davis still exist so they can introduce more elements of the Marvel universe. We've got tons of Inhumans and a Chronicom. Gotta get some of the other ones in there. Maybe Davis turns into a vampire.

Davis and Blade spinoff!

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Look for Maurissa Tancharoen, Shields co-creator and showrunner's cameo, in tonight's episode

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh my god he's a Silicon Valley douche, this is perfect

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oh Deke, you amazing idiot. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
I like how a complete idiot from the future is a genius in modern times...