Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

pog boyfriend posted:

play udyr. a good udyr will improve your core jungling a lot.

I literally came here to ask this exact question. Thanks.

(edit) SO I took him into a match and every jungle camp with more than one monster kicked the living poo poo out of me and nunu made making GBS threads on me his hobby. It wasn't fun.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Udyr is a good jungle to improve your core jungling in the same way army boot camp will improve your core musculative structure: you are going to get the poo poo kicked out of you and hate it but you might theoretically come out better for the experience (or become a broken jaded shell of a person).

If you're looking for a jungler who is good at core jungling things who is hard for people to poo poo on, I'd try Warwick.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I mean, I am don't disagree with this, but both of them are quite similar in that they are based around jumping in and getting in their face and being kited all day (except a bit less because of his R)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Warwick is far less easy to kite than Udyr, in my experience, as his W+E means you can set up some extremely quick and fucky ganks that Udyr would have trouble matching pace with.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who can I watch for some fun Yuumi games?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Just play Jarvan.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Dregs posted:

I literally came here to ask this exact question. Thanks.

(edit) SO I took him into a match and every jungle camp with more than one monster kicked the living poo poo out of me and nunu made making GBS threads on me his hobby. It wasn't fun.

yeah, maybe my post was not clear enough - udyr will improve your core jungling because playing udyr is like learning to swim by being thrown into the ocean and having a shark sicked on you. once you get good at jungling, and i mean truly good, udyr lets you put the screws to people. otherwise, you die.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Theyre nerfing Rammus nooooooooooooooooooooo

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ok.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HotS is dead, so it's this or Dota, why does it seem like neither Sona nor Soraka heal that much. Is there a good beginner's guide video, or a goon discord?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

HotS is dead, so it's this or Dota, why does it seem like neither Sona nor Soraka heal that much. Is there a good beginner's guide video, or a goon discord?

Soraka is the healy-est of the supports that heal, but the game purposefully doesn't have healer champs that can just heal away all the damage. There's a lot more shields than heals. It's so that you have to play aggressively and take risks, rather than just be a healbot. Soraka is actually a really oppressive champ to lane against, but mostly due to her damage on Q and E rather than her healing.

Other people can jump in with what they think the best tutorials are, but I think the "new viewer" broadcasts from the world championships give a good introduction, plus you get to watch high-level gameplay instead of some guy dicking around. Here's an example from a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqmM6ZEOlo0

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

pog boyfriend posted:

yeah, maybe my post was not clear enough - udyr will improve your core jungling because playing udyr is like learning to swim by being thrown into the ocean and having a shark sicked on you. once you get good at jungling, and i mean truly good, udyr lets you put the screws to people. otherwise, you die.

drat.

OK, who is a good beginner jungler who has easyish clears and decent ganks and can defend himself who IS NOT Warwick? I have tried Warwick over and over and I just can't get the hang of him. Currently I use Amumu, but he gets beat up a lot and has a bit of a hard time ganking before 6.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
From what I remember of HotS, their healers were stupidly strong and could make anyone effectively immortal.

In this game that's more the job of shields, especially Janna can make someone unkillable but it requires timing the CC/shields instead of just topping off the other guy anytime they went below 99%.
If your looking for a character that'll give the other team blueballs, you can't go wrong with Janna, her Q and ult will shut down so many team comps only way to engage allowing you and your squishies to kite forever and her shield and ult will keep teammates fighting longer then they would of had any right to.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

From what I remember of HotS, their healers were stupidly strong and could make anyone effectively immortal.

Yeah, its Blizzard's entire design philosophy where support means only healers. Then when they get creative with support design like with Symmetra in Overwatch they end up completely outclassed because they can't heal.

For beginner friendly junglers, I'd actually say Fiddlesticks might be worth a go. His early ganks are strong if your laners are awake, and his clear is real easy.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

The Dregs posted:

drat.

OK, who is a good beginner jungler who has easyish clears and decent ganks and can defend himself who IS NOT Warwick? I have tried Warwick over and over and I just can't get the hang of him. Currently I use Amumu, but he gets beat up a lot and has a bit of a hard time ganking before 6.

Vi. Just great all-around, versatile, and feels... normal? But not in a bad way

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Dregs posted:

drat.

i love amumu ... but it sounds like you want to play reksai, vi, or jarvan.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

The Dregs posted:

drat.

Are you maxing Q or W first as warwick? because W first is silly good.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

kingcobweb posted:

Vi. Just great all-around, versatile, and feels... normal? But not in a bad way

I've just started playing Vi because I got a skin for her in a box and she's real good. You smash people a lot and you get one (1) free kill every time your R is up, which is like every 30 seconds in midgame. The only downside to Vi is that she falls off a bit at 25 minutes because that is when you're 17-1-5 with a full build and cannot grow any stronger

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

The Mash posted:

I've just started playing Vi because I got a skin for her in a box and she's real good. You smash people a lot and you get one (1) free kill every time your R is up, which is like every 30 seconds in midgame. The only downside to Vi is that she falls off a bit at 25 minutes because that is when you're 17-1-5 with a full build and cannot grow any stronger

Seconding this. Vi is really strong right now and the only mechanical requirements to do her thing is to land her Q and use E to reset your auto attacks. Her clear is very fast and safe.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
As a poo poo jungler I'm partial to kayn. His clears are quick and healthy, you get creative gank paths. He's vulnerable to counter jungling pre transformation but eh, a lot of junglers are vulnerable pre 6 too. At least he has some good escape options if needed.

Its also fun listening to the edgelord get dunked on and sassed by rhaast

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I think Taric is a really strong healer if you can get into a good rythm with his AA passive

Mumu, Sej, really any tank jungler is pretty easy

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

el dingo posted:

As a poo poo jungler I'm partial to kayn. His clears are quick and healthy, you get creative gank paths. He's vulnerable to counter jungling pre transformation but eh, a lot of junglers are vulnerable pre 6 too. At least he has some good escape options if needed.

Its also fun listening to the edgelord get dunked on and sassed by rhaast

This. Kayn is a massive rear end in a top hat and is borderline impossible to deal with once he gets going in gold or lower.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Door Frame posted:

I think Taric is a really strong healer if you can get into a good rythm with his AA passive

Mumu, Sej, really any tank jungler is pretty easy

The issue with Taric's healing early is that it uses lots of mana and you'll run out right quick.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Any tank jungler with cc is piss easy (and fun).

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

The Dregs posted:

drat.

Xin Zhao 100%, Olaf 95% and Jarvan maybe 80% mostly because his clears aren't super healthy early

I don't super agree with Vi and Kayn, Kayn is a really weak dueler and ganker without transform and Vi early game is 100% reliant on landing q to gank or win duels. Both are much better off hard farming until 6 and avoiding 1v1s and 2v2s. Vi is also really good at cheesing dragon at level 3.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I'm a poo poo jungler, but I kind of like J4 over Xin Zhao. My low elo games run so long and Xin seems to drop off really hard compared to J4.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

The Shortest Path posted:

The issue with Taric's healing early is that it uses lots of mana and you'll run out right quick.

I don’t know if it’s still feasible but for a while there getting a tear after the first support item upgrade was cool and good

Spamming heals also means a ton of procs of his passive. Helps take objectives nice and fast, at least by support standards

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

The Dregs posted:

drat.

Play Nunu. He is super easy and my friend. You're maybe more dependent on your idiot team in ganks than J4 and Vi andt he other guys people are suggesting, but has a p good clear, sick iceballs, and Eat lets you be a real fucker once you start getting a feel for where the other jungler is

When Pigs Cry fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 30, 2019

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Remember that champion update poll they had a little while back? The voting ended up being so close between Volibear and Fiddle that they've decided to simply update both at the same time with different teams.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

god willing the team that does worse will be sacked on the spot

strong bird
May 12, 2009

in all seriousness it would be very embarrassing if team A releases a balanced and fun remake and team B makes fiddlesticks

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I like maxxing crow as fiddle mid and poking people to death.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Anidav posted:

I like maxxing crow as fiddle mid and poking people to death.

I believe its pronounced middlesticks

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Riot has so many employees I imagine they could just remake all them if they wanted to.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Or worse, we could end up with Skarner

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who should I play?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Whoever you like to play.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

Who should I play?

It's more important that the other team has a bad time than you have a good one, so you should play Janna.

(seriously though what role do you want to play? You can play jungle, top, or support with that pool).

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Who should I play?

Moooo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Who should I play?

volibear