Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
go crinkle your cronkle

yes, I HEARD YOU, i'm MENTAL, not STUPID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Mister Kingdom posted:

I was scanning ebay for MST3K stuff and see a Gamera vs Gaos replacement disc. Why was is replaced?

Probably a copyright claim after publication, but I didn't think that was the movie.

For Godzilla vs megalon, Toho went after them and here's the "replacement instructions" for volume 10.2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nPDIScaHJ4

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ok Frank voicing Tom Servo is a mindfuck.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Golden Bee posted:

Just rewatched girls town. It’s amazing.

It’s got some amazing performances, awesome caged heat Catholicism, and some great riffs.

“You get it! In Kookoo town there’s no hit parade.”

Let me get my nun and teen idol out of here.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another successful sexual intervention courtesy of the Roman Catholic church!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Golden Bee posted:

Just rewatched girls town. It’s amazing.

It’s got some amazing performances, awesome caged heat Catholicism, and some great riffs.

“You get it! In Kookoo town there’s no hit parade.”

"They're shooting back!"

"The bastards!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Another Bill posted:

Ok Frank voicing Tom Servo is a mindfuck.

It's so weird that literally everyone who voices Tom sounds so different, but Trace, Bill and Hampton's Crows are all pretty hard to tell apart.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

It's so weird that literally everyone who voices Tom sounds so different, but Trace, Bill and Hampton's Crows are all pretty hard to tell apart.

I HATE TOM SERVO'S NEW VOICE(S).

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Gaz-L posted:

I think a lot of that has to due with Kevin Murphy performance being so definitive and impossible to replicate.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Also, all the Crows go for a nasally voice, so they have a similar profile. Josh's Servo had a very deep, but slow voice. Kevin was a little higher pitched, but very much a mix of affable and bombastic. Hampton is in between the two in terms of pitch, but is closer to Kevin's in terms of personality.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cemetry Gator posted:

Also, all the Crows go for a nasally voice, so they have a similar profile. Josh's Servo had a very deep, but slow voice. Kevin was a little higher pitched, but very much a mix of affable and bombastic. Hampton is in between the two in terms of pitch, but is closer to Kevin's in terms of personality.

It's kind of interesting that I think (and maybe read) Josh was going for a snark DJ type voice and Kevin turned Tom into a pompous critic.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gaz-L posted:

Trace and Hampton I'll give you, but how do you get Bill into this? He's got a much slower, lower register.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw! Look at that big ol' softy.

https://twitter.com/kwmurphy/status/1132783689639837696

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Awwwww Kevin.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Maybe “foot the bill” wasn’t the best choice of words

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

TL posted:

drat it, you beat me to that joke by about three minutes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TL posted:

No, that was definitely on purpose.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

I would be honored to have Kevin make the first joke about my injury...

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Antiquated Pants posted:

I would be honored to have Kevin make the first joke about my injury...

Oh, as would I.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Jesus christ man aren't they supposed to shave you before surgery??

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Another Bill posted:

Jesus christ man aren't they supposed to shave you before surgery??

I don't think they're cutting his legs off. You just shave the area that's going to be worked on, and ONLY the area.

So, say you're going to get a heart cath done, and they have to go in through one side of your groin.

They're only going to shave half of your groin because that's all they need to.

Yes I am speaking very much from experience

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
It’s one of those things you don’t think about, but then I came out of an emergency appendectomy with a shaved belly and it just made sense.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/kwmurphy/status/1133152199528337409

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Lol at Kevin trying to walk that back.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

Oh now.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Another Bill posted:

Looks like the shoe's on the other foot now

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Burkion posted:

Looks like the shoe's on the other foot now

Kevin really put his foot in his mouth, and now he's scrambling to toe the line. It'll probably be bootless, though.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Glad to see Kevin recommending Guy From Harlem because he is being THE HELL from Harlem.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jet Jaguar posted:

Glad to see Kevin recommending Guy From Harlem because he is being THE HELL from Harlem.

I've mentioned it before but I love how he flips out over The Guy ordering a New York Strip well done and ordering J&B Scotch.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Double post, but this also warms the heart.

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1133538162410754049

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

the new rifftrax "giant from the unknown" has a really good, early season 8 feel. it's sort of like eegah meets the thing that couldn't die

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

the new rifftrax "giant from the unknown" has a really good, early season 8 feel. it's sort of like eegah meets the thing that couldn't die

I have that one on DVD

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Let's get physical!

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

about drat time

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I think I pledged at the digital versions. Anyone get a notification about that yet?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

"shapes we live with" and "that's what drugs are for" are two of the finest shorts in both MST3K and Rifftrax

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Oh my god is What Drugs Are For the one with the two depressed kids in the late 70s playground. That one is loving weird as hell.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm thinking of What is Nothing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlXpTSc-u98

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Which short is the one where cartoon birds solemnly watch two kids die on, like, power lines and stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Edward Mass posted:

Let's get physical!

I assume the pledge versions have extra features that aren’t in the standard release?