Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I'd peg the keyword seinen in there, generally adult-ish audience that doesn't go for jump demographics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/risomaggio/status/1133088567377432576

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

It occured to me the other day that Ghiaccio would totally throw a sperg-tantrum over the fact that people call his stand's namesake album "The White Album" when the it is in fact titled "The Beatles." The plebs fail to grasp the nuance of the "The BEATLES" embossed on the cover not merely being the byline, but both the byline and the title of the album itself.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 29, 2019

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

man loves joan didion

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ghiaccio: Everyone your powers are so loving stupid. I loving hate you all so much stop using them.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
That reminds me, Abacchio would have been so pissed at Giorno after this last episode.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

re: gay jojo talk: sexuality is kind of irrelevant to a lot of it(at least on a romantic level) and trying to boil down the protagonists' friendships to "are they boning y/n" does it a disservice imo

that said, holy poo poo giorno is so gay

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 29, 2019

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Shut up everyone, Joseph Jostar is the new best JoJo. Where the gently caress did you get that Tommy gun buddy?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Yinlock posted:

re: gay jojo talk: sexuality is kind of irrelevant to a lot of it(at least on a romantic level) and trying to boil down the protagonists' friendships to "are they boning y/n" does it a disservice imo

that said, holy poo poo giorno is so gay

shipping characters together and imagining if they are boning is a favorite pastime of nerds but in the case of jojo the fans don't really have to ship them or imagine it

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AlphaKeny1 posted:

shipping characters together and imagining if they are boning is a favorite pastime of nerds but in the case of jojo the fans don't really have to ship them or imagine it

must be hard to bone Mista, he can only shoot himself

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

David D. Davidson posted:

That reminds me, Abacchio would have been so pissed at Giorno after this last episode.

He's chilling with his old buddy in a better place now, pointedly refusing to look down on Giorno's poo poo even though that's totally a thing ghosts can do.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
mista's inexplicable shootout with ghiaccio/his own gun was my favorite fight of this part because of how COMPLETELY unnecessary it was

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RC Cola posted:

Shut up everyone, Joseph Jostar is the new best JoJo. Where the gently caress did you get that Tommy gun buddy?

he had one in case of this exact situation, obviously

Thumbtacks posted:

mista's inexplicable shootout with ghiaccio/his own gun was my favorite fight of this part because of how COMPLETELY unnecessary it was

look despite the previous 400 bullets being fired back into me, THIS TIME it'll definitely work

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

josuke is a nice and friendly guy who has a temper and is also capable of being a scoundrel when it comes to money, harder to distill into a tidy archetype than his forebears

josuke has a strong sense of justice but he's also a huge unnecessary prick and opportunist

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

RC Cola posted:

for me, Joseph is the best jojo and you will keep learning why for a long time

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

AlphaKeny1 posted:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I can't believe that this 20 year old manga published in Shonen Jump isn't more overtly gay.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Thumbtacks posted:

when all you have is a hammer (which can only be used to break your own bones) everything starts to look like a nail (made of your own bones)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

CJ posted:

I can't believe that this 20 year old manga published in Shonen Jump isn't more overtly gay.

Yu Yu Hakusho ended the year before Vento Aureo began, and had at least one canon gay couple.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

RC Cola posted:

Some people say that Jojo's Bizarre Adventure tends to have asspulls.

Joseph just takes that a bit more literally than most characters. :v:

Thumbtacks posted:

Mista didn't fulfill his quota of being shot by his own bullets.

It's like Polnareff and toilets (or mirrors). It has to happen once every fight.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Yu Yu Hakusho ended the year before Vento Aureo began, and had at least one canon gay couple.

The only LGBT characters I recall from YYH were antagonists, so same situation as Vento Aureo? Though I know Togashi had wanted to write a manga with a trans protagonist and got shot down.

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 30, 2019

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice

RC Cola posted:

Shut up everyone, Joseph Jostar

wasnt he dealing with some mafia mofos right before that scrap? I just assumed he had yanked it from them.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Back then anyone could buy a full auto Tommy gun out of a magazine and have it delivered to their door.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

David D. Davidson posted:

I can understand why people don't like it when Gold Experience can make Vaccine Snake or when it can't work in low temperatures, because these traits conveniently appear for one fight and are never mentioned before or since.

But, this episode, Giorno uses Gold Experience to:
-Make a tree
-Make a bug
-Make the bug return to a person it encountered before
-Punch

and like, these are things Gold Experience has been doing since episode 1. It seems very silly to still be hung up on this 30 episodes later.

*I was wrong, Gold Experience punches a guy for the first time in episode 2

Daxing Dan fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 30, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The only thing I'm confused by is why Chocolate jumped to attack Giorno instead of staying the course and slitting Mista's throat if he was still able to move.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Stupid nazis. Don't feed the pillar man blood

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Daxing Dan posted:

I can understand why people don't like it when Gold Experience can make Vaccine Snake or when it can't work in low temperatures, because these traits conveniently appear for one fight and are never mentioned before or since.

But, this episode, Giorno uses Gold Experience to:
-Make a tree
-Make a bug
-Make the bug return to a person it encountered before
-Punch

and like, these are things Gold Experience has been doing since episode 1. It seems very silly to still be hung up on this 30 episodes later.

*I was wrong, Gold Experience punches a guy for the first time in episode 2

And even with the low temperatures, it's not like that's likely to come up again anyway because they're in the Mediterranean. Giorno being on Earth means Gold Experience works fine because life can exist on Earth. I never thought of White Album as a point of contention just because it's hard for plants and poo poo to be exist in White Album temperatures. It doesn't really need to come up again.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RC Cola posted:

why not, there's no possible way the pillar men can defeat some guys with guns

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Mista didn't fulfill his quota of being shot by his own bullets.

It's like Polnareff and toilets (or mirrors). It has to happen once every fight.

I was laughing at the start of the thread when people were like "wow mista seems competent and awesome, i'm sure every single future enemy won't be either immune to bullets or able to redirect them into mista's spleen"

it's not really his fault that everyone has a bullshit bullet-deflecting power, poor mista

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Yinlock posted:

I was laughing at the start of the thread when people were like "wow mista seems competent and awesome, i'm sure every single future enemy won't be either immune to bullets or able to redirect them into mista's spleen"

it's not really his fault that everyone has a bullshit bullet-deflecting power, poor mista

:thunk: : I can alter reality to my whim

:black101: i have the literal power of a god of creation

:tfrxmas: : i can shoot a revolver alright

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
mista does his best and he gives giorno six Create Life points anywhere he wants and man that's pretty useful

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If your Stand involves a gun, you inevitably will shoot yourself with it.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The biggest mystery is how did Mista survive before Giorno joined the crew?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

RIP first pillar man. Time to go to Europe. Is part 2 the one with Lisa Lisa? Or S...something?? Q?

gently caress nazis but also lol at everyone in Jojo becoming friends.

Does part 3 have some friend who is native american and dies? but then shows up again later? Something about a desert?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gildiss posted:

The biggest mystery is how did Mista survive before Giorno joined the crew?

Abbachio could heal injuries on people by 'rewinding' them but refused to do so while Giorno was around as a way of hazing the new guy.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
In the last year Mista spent in the mob, he's shot so many fuckers that bullet resistant ones are the only ones left.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i'm imagining mista trying to take out non stand users and they also somehow figure out how to deflect most of his gunfire back at him.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

RC Cola posted:

RIP first pillar man. Time to go to Europe. Is part 2 the one with Lisa Lisa? Or S...something?? Q?

gently caress nazis but also lol at everyone in Jojo becoming friends.

Does part 3 have some friend who is native american and dies? but then shows up again later? Something about a desert?
Yep to the first part and he’s Egyptian but yeah.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jonathan is unironically one of my favorite jojos because all of his plans boiled down to
1. be a gentleman
2. if 1 fails, punch thing
3. if 2 fails, punch thing harder

RC Cola posted:

How do you feel about the best song in the entire series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I'm In Control is really good