Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Killer queen black lives!

Old trailer
Full crossplay between xbox switch and pc. I didn't know that announced full crossplay already, game is gonna need it.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What's anime?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Wamdoodle posted:

We are now, I'll start

*violently evacuates bowels*

I see your point, but consider

*vomits up a gallon of blood*

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Bleck posted:

:hmmyes:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Bongo Bill posted:

What's anime?

Nothin'! What's anime with you!?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bongo Bill posted:

What's anime?

Blood.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Rolo posted:

Blood.

that comic was stupid, 'good' and 'blood' don't rhyme!!!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bleck posted:

A fan of DC comics, I see

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:wtc:

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

This thread moves so fast, so I have a question. Is there any good site of what the coolest games of the next few months are? I sometimes catch soil poo poo coming like crypt of the necromancer and slay the spire, but I am assuming I am missing some dope Indy poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That’s Dex-Starr, an Earth cat turned red lantern. Vomiting blood is their thing.

Golgo13
Jul 27, 2018

A Ring-a-Ding-Ding!

It's a healthy addiction... :sludgepal:

Snowmankilla posted:

This thread moves so fast, so I have a question. Is there any good site of what the coolest games of the next few months are? I sometimes catch soil poo poo coming like crypt of the necromancer and slay the spire, but I am assuming I am missing some dope Indy poo poo.

https://switchweekly.com

I find being on the mailing list for this to keep me informed enough. Think their are some suggestions on OP also.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I don't know if anyone else is interested, but Timespinner got announced for Switch today, comes out on Tuesday. Looks like a solid DS-Castlevania-like. Being published by Chucklefish.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

WilliamAnderson posted:

I don't know if anyone else is interested, but Timespinner got announced for Switch today, comes out on Tuesday. Looks like a solid DS-Castlevania-like. Being published by Chucklefish.

I played it on PS4. It's exactly what it looks like. Very smooth.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Bongo Bill posted:

I played it on PS4. It's exactly what it looks like. Very smooth.

I bought it on Steam to support the dude who made it, never got around to playing it. Probably going to double dip.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why does Lapis X Labyrinth release on Friday in Europe, I want to try it out now

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

I'm enjoying Dragon's Dogma. I'd been wary of it since I tend to enjoy narrative more than gameplay (Skyrim over Dark Souls). The game does a good job of splitting the difference between crunchy combat and a plot more comprehensible than DS.

And the feeling of playing a full-fat RPG on a handheld is magical.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The pawn system in DD is awesome and I wish more games did something like that.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Popete posted:

Can people stop ruining Nintendo, it's the only pure thing we have left.

Too late. They already have a bunch of creepy and questionable poo poo in almost all of their current franchises.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://twitter.com/japaneseswitch/status/1133763655378583552?s=19

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

LET'S PAAAAAAAAARTY!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:holymoley:

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

finally i'll be able to play the game on god's chosen console

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1133846466206818304

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

:effort:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Life is pain.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The worst mistake.:(

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Has anyone got the Pets and Friends game that was just released? It's expensive but I want to pet a pupper

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Golgo13 posted:

https://switchweekly.com

I find being on the mailing list for this to keep me informed enough. Think their are some suggestions on OP also.

Perfect, thanks!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Leal posted:

Thanks, I was gonna do this myself but I realized I was just gonna own myself.
____/

Healbot fucked around with this message at 11:51 on May 30, 2019

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Played Lapis x Labyrinth for a bit last night, it's fun. I generally have a low tolerance for anime stuff and other than some obnoxious voices (which you can turn down independent of the rest of the sounds), it's fine in that regard. The game constantly vomits treasure and coins and gems at you, it's very pretty and satisfying. Sometimes it's hard to tell what's going on, especially during the "Fever" mode - between the damage numbers and the literal hundreds of gems/loot that are on the screen at any given time you sometimes can't even see your character. It's been easy enough so far though that it doesn't matter. Sorting through your inventory is a little annoying, but I'm not very far and haven't unlocked any vendors yet. I'm assuming at some point I can sell stuff or break it down for materials or something.

Recommended so far if you want a colorful simple ARPG

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

gey muckle mowser posted:

Played Lapis x Labyrinth for a bit last night, it's fun. I generally have a low tolerance for anime stuff and other than some obnoxious voices (which you can turn down independent of the rest of the sounds), it's fine in that regard. The game constantly vomits treasure and coins and gems at you, it's very pretty and satisfying. Sometimes it's hard to tell what's going on, especially during the "Fever" mode - between the damage numbers and the literal hundreds of gems/loot that are on the screen at any given time you sometimes can't even see your character. It's been easy enough so far though that it doesn't matter. Sorting through your inventory is a little annoying, but I'm not very far and haven't unlocked any vendors yet. I'm assuming at some point I can sell stuff or break it down for materials or something.

Recommended so far if you want a colorful simple ARPG

:same:

I don't really understand how the mechanics work. As near as I can tell:

Mash attack button as Hunter: everything dies
Mash attack button as anything else: flail around uselessly and get the poo poo kicked out of you

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Straight White Shark posted:

:same:

I don't really understand how the mechanics work. As near as I can tell:

Mash attack button as Hunter: everything dies
Mash attack button as anything else: flail around uselessly and get the poo poo kicked out of you

yeah I tried out a couple classes and Hunter feels the best so far, although Maid was actually pretty good too. You can look at all the skills on one of the menus, it helped me figure stuff out.

for anyone trying it out: don't worry about starting class - you can recruit everyone else for free immediately after the tutorial and can freely switch your party up between runs.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Couldn’t even crack top 25 on the leaderboards :negative:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Couldn’t even crack top 25 on the leaderboards :negative:

Does never dying reward anything?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Does never dying reward anything?

Nah it’s just a gimmick I set myself. I also saved only at the end of chapters (so 19 total) and used fully mixed herbs (RGY) as the only way to heal myself while ignoring everything else. Oh and I collected every treasure. I can probably shave off an hour or more by just skipping everything and just completing the story. Next run will probably by a Chicago Typewriter only run though to go with the gangster look now than I have a couple million pts to use.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
My gf just got me a switch! She spent so much money, and she never has much, and I feel a little bad as I'm not really excited about it. I'm a casual PS4 player, but I really need to engage with my switch, so that she doesn't feel bad...

I like the look of Mario odyssey, but at the moment I will only be able to afford one game...I think this is the one?

Also, what are some of the awesome free / cheap games to play?
Hollow knight seems ok, although I've not played a style of game like that before.

I pretty much only play FPS shooters on PS4, and I know this is a very different kettle of fish, but I'm hoping that I will enjoy this.

I think I would only use it for travel pretty much (3 hours of battery?!), and not do much Tv-docking as I already have the PS4 there for games like red dead, horizon etc...games that just seem more powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Someone datamined the incoming smash update and

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1134087765866369024?s=20