Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Cool I just noticed that Rex is finally admitting he's sponsored by CI!G

He should probably be declaring an interest before every stream from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sarsapariller posted:

What the gently caress is this? I know he's shilling something but out of context, this sounds like Alex Jones level unhinged ranting.

Drugs are great.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I have seen this kind of behaviour before. Is he going to commit seppuku if Emperor surrenders to Allies Roberts shuts down servers? Maybe they give you cyanide pills on concierge level.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 09:00 on May 30, 2019

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Is this a made up quote attributed to a made up person that Rex streamed to his made up viewers?
Because if so Rex truly is the most appropriate streamer for Star Citizen.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Amazing Zimmo posted:

I noticed that.

No idea if that's tongue in cheek or the subconscious coming out.

I mean, the Hollywood Reporter bit puts it squarely in parody.

But that's just an odd thing to write as comedy, coming from a schill.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Drunk Theory posted:

Is this a made up quote attributed to a made up person that Rex streamed to his made up viewers?

of course it is

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Drunk Theory posted:

I watched that a couple times and I still have no idea what he's talking about.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Bofast posted:

You mean as in always using the wrong method (choking, for example) to get something done?

More in the sense that her being a creepy stalker, strangler and overall an unpleasant person was just her getting in the character of *checks notes* Haley in the cinematic tour de force known as The Perception.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Space Court update :toot:

"Order on Motion for Extension of Time to File" denied

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cacd.696437/gov.uscourts.cacd.696437.63.0.pdf

I guess this means the Court will now rule whether Crytek has to deposit a bond, and outstanding Discovery requests must be completed within 30 days?

Quavers fucked around with this message at 10:54 on May 30, 2019

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hazamuth posted:

More in the sense that her being a creepy stalker, strangler and overall an unpleasant person was just her getting in the character of *checks notes* Haley in the cinematic tour de force known as The Perception.

Ah. I takes dedication beyond the norm to go into a character more than a decade before the movie is made, so I can appreciate that.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Quavers posted:

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cacd.696437/gov.uscourts.cacd.696437.63.0.pdf

I guess this means the Court will now rule whether Crytek has to deposit a bond, and outstanding Discovery requests must be completed within 30 days?

Fascinating :allears:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Uhh can someone explain what the gently caress is happening here because I'm so, so confused

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Hav posted:

'caveat emptor' is a vital component of financial Darwinism. I'm fascinated by the concept of people that know it's hosed and argue from a place of bad faith, though. I love edge and corner cases.

I'm more fascinated by the people, who as I type this, still don't realise that it is hosed.
Empirical evidence be damned.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Hang on, isn't he some Youtube behemoth?
Unleash the beast GMHhasMoney, unleash the beast.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Ducks are assholes, I will not be beholden to them :colbert:

Obviously someone hasn't gotten over the school excursion to the petting zoo.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Rugganovich posted:

Hang on, isn't he some Youtube behemoth?
Unleash the beast GMHhasMoney, unleash the beast.

https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1133805583797313537

LostMy2010Accnt
Dec 13, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LD_gwSvPkM

Ducks are on some next level poo poo and have a functional stealth system unlike this game.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

An "optimistic realist" seems like a really nice way to say "I con myself before I let others do it."

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 30, 2019

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Quite simple really...

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

skeletors_condom posted:

Quite simple really...

I want to get the Riker "climb over the chair" sitting animation.
What other things could they add in this vein?

All the walks from the Ministry of Silly Walks?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Rugganovich posted:

I'm more fascinated by the people, who as I type this, still don't realise that it is hosed.
Empirical evidence be damned.

That's easy, Dunning-Kruger has those people covered. Lack of experience leads to over-confidence of scope. I'm talking about the people that know the project is hosed, but they still take attempts to steer the narrative. To obfuscate. If their motive isn't money, what is it? And yeah, 80% of the time the motive is money, but sometimes it's something you cannot place your finger on; something entirely personal.

I keep thinking that it's maybe the relative fame that being a big fish in a small pond brings, but most of these people are behind throwaways, and the ones that aren't are usually upfront about doing it all for cash.

There's something even more fascinating in the human psyche, and that's outright and direct malice. Not 'hater', something more crystalline and entirely cloaked.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

skeletors_condom posted:

Quite simple really...

How many ways do people normally holster weapons?

That's a trick question, that person has never handled firearms.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

skeletors_condom posted:

Quite simple really...

DLC'd Mocap :eyepop:

Crobear will be rubbing so hard right now :gizz:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How many ways do people normally holster weapons?

That's a trick question, that person has never handled firearms.

Waiting for the .38 on the ankle strap animation.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

skeletors_condom posted:

Quite simple really...

It's always fun to watch citizens want Fortnite while desperately not trying to say they want Fortnite because all other games are poo poo

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://twitter.com/Dicefailure/status/1134079582246703104

"If I sell my $30k of ships now, I'll lose money" :shepspends:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LOL, anything he agrees with is apparently irrelevant. Nice dismissal.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quavers posted:

This makes me so mad, I am melting down over here!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Today is Thursday. Would someone please tell me what to be angry about.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

skeletors_condom posted:

Quite simple really...

Uh, how is this different from having different sets of animations for different races in MMOs and such? Selling emotes is nothing new. I suppose these people haven't played any game that was released after the announcement of SC.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 30, 2019

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Has SC ever cleared up it's HUD clutter?

I know what the answer is but still

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Quavers posted:

https://twitter.com/Dicefailure/status/1134079582246703104

"If I sell my $30k of ships now, I'll lose money" :shepspends:

It must be nice to be wealthy enough that recouping thousands of dollars is a waste of time.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

goons

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

do you have a brother?
then be angry at him!
i'm angry at my brother because he is the most boring person around.

also he doesnt even know about star citizen

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dwesa posted:

Uh, how is this different from having different sets of animations for different races in MMOs and such? Selling emotes is nothing new. I suppose these people haven't played any game that was released after the announcement of SC.

one true way to stand out in the crowd is to offer uhhh.... paid emotes and victory poses? Well, nevertheless

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Elderbean posted:

It's amazing how often you'll see people on Reddit getting gold for comparing DLC pushed out by publishers to the holocaust but almost no mention of a "game" built from the ground up without a publisher that manages to be an extreme of every thing people hate about companies like EA.

Can you imagine the shitstorm if a major studio charged everyone for early access and spent 8 years getting nothing done, all the while charging hundreds to thousands of dollars for "content"
The Cult had 8 years for mental gymnastics so they already have prepared responses for that question that fits their denial and ignorance :
„A major studio would have never invested in that kind of project because they don’t have the patience! Their shareholders need hard deadlines so they have to cut many aspects of the scope! SC funded and lead by Rockstar would have been done after 4 years but with tons of compromises and cut content and maybe not even 20% of what CIG will deliver when it’s done!
A major studio would have forced Chris to end the dream too soon and surrender to the market needs! And they would have even had killed SC as SciFi MMO on their way and only released a SQ42 derivative with a nice story on a GTA and RDR2 level, but it would have never been the 60 hour AAAA game and Odyssey that will change PC gaming again with MOTION CAPTURING and Hollywood actors like CIG will show us!!!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Amazing Zimmo posted:

At least Rex kept his shirt on and didn't accuse dead children of being "crisis actors".

Well this is Star Citizen, so any accusations would be about "Crysis actors".