Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

We are getting a DC character if the leaks are accurate, and it's the one you probably expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it should be lobo

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Brother Entropy posted:

it should be lobo

Only if they get Brad Garrett to do Lobo's voice.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

HMS Beagle posted:

We are getting a DC character if the leaks are accurate, and it's the one you probably expect.

Krypto the dog?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Put Reverse Flash in the game so I can hear even more professional actors try to say the name "Eobard Thawn" without laughing.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Crowetron posted:

Put Captain Cold in the game so I can hear even more professional actors try to say the name "Snart" without laughing.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Crowetron posted:

Put Reverse Flash in the game so I can hear even more professional actors try to say the name "Eobard Thawn" without laughing.

Is Reverse Flash the same as Zoom or is there more than one "the Flash but evil and his suit's colors are reversed"?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Oh weird they didnt fix the bug where you could play as Geras online. Oh well maybe next t*KRUSHING BLOW*

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Babe Magnet posted:

I can't wait to play all of these cool new characters in...

negative 55 days

Check the date on the tweet I posted

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Brother Entropy posted:

it should be lobo

Dude gently caress yes it should

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo can somebody do the kabal tower with me please (PSN)? Pubbies are traaaaash

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Finally got Skarlet's maskless variant, now I can actually start playing her.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Where did you get it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

As a 75,000 koin gamble from the statue.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

exquisite tea posted:

As a 75,000 koin gamble from the statue.

Which still sometimes shits out trash.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think some recent patch broke something and now you can still sometimes get augments instead of gear at the 75k level. I think I have pretty much all the cosmetic gear I’d ever want but now I’m missing a pixie cut Skarlet skin with a color pattern I like. I am VERY annoyed that her Blood Pixie skin does not have short hair! :argh:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Am I part of the problem because I want to pay for a Fatality pack?

Not stage fatalities. They should have been there from the get go. But a few bucks for an extra fatality for everyone?

I've never bought horse armour, I swear. But more fatalities? I'd chuck them a few quid for that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think one of the MKX kombat packs came with classic fatalities for all the original MK characters. Some legacy fatalities are already in the game as specific brutalities.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

presuming they're still doing things in 3s, the kombat pack revealed absolutely will be Nightwolf, Fujin, and Spawn (unless Shang Tsung is counted in it). No way the MK4 tweet isn't about Fujin.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Will there be a nude patch?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I want to see if Baraks hog has spikes in it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Collapsing Farts posted:

Boon will make a poll on Twitter on whether people want a nude patch or Rain and it will cause a bloodbath

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

DLC Inc posted:

presuming they're still doing things in 3s, the kombat pack revealed absolutely will be Nightwolf, Fujin, and Spawn (unless Shang Tsung is counted in it). No way the MK4 tweet isn't about Fujin.

They'll reveal it as Nightwolf, Fujin, and Spawn, and then one of them will morph back into Shang Tsung.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

They'll reveal it as Nightwolf, Fujin, and Spawn, and then one of them will morph back into Shang Tsung.

it's been years since he's had the transform ability but I hope they find a way to do it this time. idc if it takes full meter to turn into a random character for 6 seconds, let me shapeshift NRS

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Collapsing Farts posted:

Devorah has a naked alt already

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

DLC Inc posted:

it's been years since he's had the transform ability but I hope they find a way to do it this time. idc if it takes full meter to turn into a random character for 6 seconds, let me shapeshift NRS

All they need to do is first give every player an SSD drive so they can swap out the other characters fast enough and...

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

DLC Inc posted:

As a way of getting around memory limitations, I was thinking they could have a 1-slot transform ability for each character and then you can equip up to three. Or perhaps make it 2-slot; less fun but I’m not sure if 2v2 or 1v3 Endurance ever happens in this game.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I remember in MK9, Shang's intro animation was him morphing out of the form of the opponent, which was funny when it was a mirror match because he would just morph into himself.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Even on a frankly overpowered PC for MK11 I still get some stuttering whenever they load in a new character from the endurance matches. I think the memory management is really naive due to console limitations.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

exquisite tea posted:

Even on a frankly overpowered PC for MK11 I still get some stuttering whenever they load in a new character from the endurance matches. I think the memory management is really naive due to console limitations.

Yeah the engine is designed to handle up to 4 characters loaded at once, so having one character chambered would be fine for MOST machines unless they optimize that in a patch. The part they probably would enjoy the least is changing the UI to include a character select screen when you pick the shapeshift ability or variation. Or they could just make it random.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Drunken Baker posted:

Which still sometimes shits out trash.

What else are koins for?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Drunken Baker posted:

Am I part of the problem because I want to pay for a Fatality pack?

Not stage fatalities. They should have been there from the get go. But a few bucks for an extra fatality for everyone?

I've never bought horse armour, I swear. But more fatalities? I'd chuck them a few quid for that.

They did that in MKX

exquisite tea posted:

I think one of the MKX kombat packs came with classic fatalities for all the original MK characters

Yep

exquisite tea posted:

NRS designed it for console first, and then another team ported it to PC, so yeah that's likely.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I got a severed character head :buddy:

Oh except the krypt is down the instant I got it :thunk:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

Devorah has a naked alt already

She's got her whole exoskeleton on, you prude

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

EorayMel posted:

I got a severed character head :buddy:

Oh except the krypt is down the instant I got it :thunk:

I FINALLY got my first one last night. I thought people said it was reduced to 25 fatalities/brutalities? I have about 370 fatals and 120 brutals and I've only got one head.
I'm gonna have my AIbot keep grinding the 25-fight Survival tower to get a few more tonight. I think it pits you against every currently playable fighter, so I can steadily increment everyone at once. There's a few people that I MUST be close to finishing.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

they send out three different press kits to news sites at random and each one has a different character morphing into shang

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I heard one of the new characters is Shen Long

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
You misheard, it's Shen Ron, the dragon from Dragon Ball Z.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Doc Walrus posted:

I FINALLY got my first one last night. I thought people said it was reduced to 25 fatalities/brutalities? I have about 370 fatals and 120 brutals and I've only got one head.
I'm gonna have my AIbot keep grinding the 25-fight Survival tower to get a few more tonight. I think it pits you against every currently playable fighter, so I can steadily increment everyone at once. There's a few people that I MUST be close to finishing.

It’s 25 per character. Meaning that you’re actually a little ahead of the curve because you’ve got 490 kills and there are 24 characters - assuming even kill distribution, that would be 600.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Komedy option: Motaro

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 30, 2019