Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

So I am trying to think of something "fun" to do on the weekend where I am leaving town and my wife is packing up. Any suggestions?

Im sorry dude I know this must be hard.

My serious suggestion: plants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
take a page from Japanese Baseball:

quote:

Japanese parks have in recent years installed “exciting seats” where fans are close to the action with no netting or other protection in front of them. Each fan in the Tokyo Dome field seats gets a helmet to wear during the game and a fielder’s glove to snare batted balls hit into the section. The fans are told to use them, but many do not.

Put the netting to the foul poles and charge extra to be in harms way :capitalism:

Real Sports has done a couple stories on this now and not extending the netting is Dumb and Bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyidtI-uNXw

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/Q_Review/status/1133469500802838531

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm sure I'm late to the game on this but I found my new favorite website.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cool thing i just learned: "meet the deedles" isn't a 'coneheads' type movie where they walk around with weird hair, that's just part of the movie poster.

does anyone remember "morningwood" the band. the lady married "jimmy urine" from MSI

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've been watching an episode or two of star trek voyager at bedtime most nights the last few weeks. It's simultaneously better and worse than I remembered from the first time. Just finished season 2.

My take: some decent actors, working with some decently dramatic situations, with inconsistent and often bad writing and preposterous plots even by star trek standards, but the show felt extra bad at the time because it was following on from Deep Space 9. The Chakote stories are especially cringey with all the faux-native-american spirituality claptrap, even though the actor was doing a decent job with the nonsense he was being handed. In retrospect, it's still better than, say, doctor who, and not a terrible way to spend 45 minutes of mindless trying-to-get-sleepy-time.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Chakotay was so poorly executed that the actor just gave up trying to even pretend to care around season 4.

Voyager has some moments but completely squandered the whole premise of the show to become tng 2.0. But it made rdm so mad he made 2000s BSG so it wasnt a complete loss.

If Voyager was just HEY GUYS MORE FEDERATION SPACE ADVENTURES it would have been much better but it was a ship alone that faced no consequences or issues with being a ship alone.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Spoeank posted:

If Voyager was just HEY GUYS MORE FEDERATION SPACE ADVENTURES it would have been much better but it was a ship alone that faced no consequences or issues with being a ship alone.

No consequences?! They killed off poor Ensign Kim and then straight up replaced him with a mirror universe copy!!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

No consequences?! They killed off poor Ensign Kim and then straight up replaced him with a mirror universe copy!!

They IMMEDIATELY replaced him and never mentioned it again!! They used like 90 shuttles! They built a state of the art tiny space ship out of scrap metal! They turned the Borg into a mild nuisance! Theres coffee in that nebula! There were no consequences for anything! The two best episodes of the series ended with them essentially crashing Voyager into a giant reset button!

Anyway Twitter is kicking around this gem again
https://twitter.com/turing_police/status/1133935564099469312?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spoeank posted:

They IMMEDIATELY replaced him and never mentioned it again!! They used like 90 shuttles! They built a state of the art tiny space ship out of scrap metal! They turned the Borg into a mild nuisance! Theres coffee in that nebula! There were no consequences for anything! The two best episodes of the series ended with them essentially crashing Voyager into a giant reset button!

I, ah schwear officer, I only had tree ounces of alcohol.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That video is five years old.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

It’s old but still good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The greatest sin of Voyager was casting Robert Beltran as the calm, stoic, reasonable one. He's such a fun actor when he's allowed to be.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

deedee megadoodoo posted:

It’s old but still good.

It's the subtle touches, like spilling a quarter of it on the table when mixing it. Didn't the same woman make a mint julep video with the same insane amount of alcohol?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Bird in a Blender posted:

It's the subtle touches, like spilling a quarter of it on the table when mixing it. Didn't the same woman make a mint julep video with the same insane amount of alcohol?

The rum and coke is the first one I saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHYDjO1DgGA

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

swickles posted:

So I am trying to think of something "fun" to do on the weekend where I am leaving town and my wife is packing up. Any suggestions?

Late to the conversation, but throwing in my $0.02 for curling as a great way to kill some time with friends for an afternoon. If there is a curling club where you live, they'll probably be overjoyed to give you a tutorial and let you play there for a few hours. It's a fun, weird thing to try at least once.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
What I never got about Voyager was why they kept stopping all the time

Just jam that fucker at warp speed and dont stop till you get back

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What I never got about Voyager was why they kept stopping all the time

Just jam that fucker at warp speed and dont stop till you get back

I think the setup was that they were so far away from feddy space that if they just jammed on the warp to get home it'd still take them thousands of years to get there

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
The best chemicals to use in life are the ones that include warnings like "caution: may cause skin to slough off" and "warning: vapors may cause flash ignition"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
According to canon they were "75 years" from Earth at warp factor 9.97.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Alaois posted:

I think the setup was that they were so far away from feddy space that if they just jammed on the warp to get home it'd still take them thousands of years to get there

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Finally caught up on Chernobyl, and jesus christ I can't imagine the horror from the fallout of the explosion. The active denial and coverup is astounding, but not all surprising. I'm not really sure exactly how true or dire some of the events are, but it's crazy how the persistence of a couple of physicists was all that was standing in the way of whole countries receiving massive radiation contamination.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1133818541650538496?s=19

Serving and protecting right there boys. How dare those blacks....*checks notes*...pick up garbage around their dorm?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Late to the conversation, but throwing in my $0.02 for curling as a great way to kill some time with friends for an afternoon. If there is a curling club where you live, they'll probably be overjoyed to give you a tutorial and let you play there for a few hours. It's a fun, weird thing to try at least once.

I am thinking its difficult to find a curling club in south Florida considering there like 3 ice arenas in like 300+ mile radius. But yeah curling seems like a chill thing to do.

Maybe I will spend my time binging Voyager given how the thread is going.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

swickles posted:

I am thinking its difficult to find a curling club in south Florida considering there like 3 ice arenas in like 300+ mile radius. But yeah curling seems like a chill thing to do.

We have it in Tampa so you might be shocked.

And binging DS9 would be a way better use of time.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
"I feel threatened by your trash grabber!" lol can you get arrested for calling an officer a wuss

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

Skate Zone off Lake Worth Road

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

Hmm... a pint glass for an old fashioned, odd choice.

... oh.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

We have it in Tampa so you might be shocked.

And binging DS9 would be a way better use of time.

Yeah, but I just binged DS9 like a month ago. If you aren't binging a Star Trek series like once a year are you actually living?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

Holy poo poo I literally spent my childhood there. I played hockey there l!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You should all be watching The Expanse instead.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1134097628315246592?s=19

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

Holy poo poo I literally spent my childhood there. I played hockey there l!

Small world - guy i had in mind for the business we discussed @ twisted truck is the owner. Think we found an additional finders fee - free ice time!

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
When I moved to Louisville, I decided to check out the Triple A team and even though I'm not a huge fan of baseball, it has been the perfect way to unwind from the stress of work. I actually bought season tickets and it's been great.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Amy Pole Her posted:

Haven't been there, but I caught the biggest goddamn Jack of my life on lake worth.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Isn't the huge issue at this point that it's irrelevant if Trump asked/colluded with Russia to get him elected, but despite the evidence that Russia did interfere & the GOP will do nothing about it?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Isn't the huge issue at this point that it's irrelevant if Trump asked/colluded with Russia to get him elected, but despite the evidence that Russia did interfere & the GOP will do nothing about it?

Yes, but it's very difficult to be a rational person and watch Trump contradict himself multiple times within 24 hours.

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1134081554244874240

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

Pretty much yeah. And Nancy Pelosi refusing to talk impeachment because of it. It's literally a constitutional crisis because McConnell is being derelict in the Senate's Presidential oversight duties lol

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

iwentdoodie posted:

Haven't been there, but I caught the biggest goddamn Jack of my life on lake worth.

For me it was age 14 in my parent’s bathroom with a picture of Tia Carrere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

swickles posted:

Yeah, but I just binged DS9 like a month ago. If you aren't binging a Star Trek series like once a year are you actually living?

Watch the Voyager episode Threshold, then rebinge DS9 because the remaining Voyager series is that loving stupid.