Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So I've been playing a bunch recently and plan to get plus tomorrow. My main is an orc stamina Dk and after looking around for guides I feel like I screwed up somehow cause I only really see magicka bols for dk. Did I just waste 24 levels? Maybe I'm just paranoid? Also could I grab a g invite? I'm @hypnofist

E: what a poo poo snipe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
So I am playing a bit after not playing for at least a year. I can’t believe how active the servers are. People everywhere. Lots of people during evening hours. New areas like vvardenfell seem really good. Leveling a couple of characters in those rather than the base game.

Anyway... I sorta got my magplar geared enough for group play. He has like 40k magika with basic food. Probably not enough health, but fun to play. Running Alfiq and Seducer. Works ok. Now just gotta remember heal rotations and such. Finished the psijic quest and leveling those skills atm. Not entirely sure how useful they are, but interesting.

I have four or five other lvl 50's, but not geared at all.

I haven’t lvl'd a necro very far yet, but I was noticing several key abilities seem to scale off health. Anyone made a health based necro yet?

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

drat, Summerset is real good. I’m nearing the end of the main quest and stuff is getting wild!

Also holy crap that Empty Nests quest in Murkmire is craaaazy intense. I had to sit at the final choice and think for a good minute.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

drat, Summerset is real good. I’m nearing the end of the main quest and stuff is getting wild!

Also holy crap that Empty Nests quest in Murkmire is craaaazy intense. I had to sit at the final choice and think for a good minute.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

So how’s the expansion? I expected to see more reactions. I haven’t played in a while but eventually I’m going to be excited to see all those kitties, I hope their area is cool.

E- I mean like story/writing, and the new zone design, not combat mechanics or any of that poo poo

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Noirex fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 30, 2019

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Snowy posted:

So how’s the expansion? I expected to see more reactions. I haven’t played in a while but eventually I’m going to be excited to see all those kitties, I hope their area is cool.

E- I mean like story/writing, and the new zone design, not combat mechanics or any of that poo poo

Its good, if you like any of the following:
    Khajit
    Cats
    Elder Scrolls
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Necromancers
    New Content
    Dragons
    Doing things
    Cats that are a combination of any or all of the above
Than you will like this expansion

Edit: I havent finished all the content yet as Im leveling my necro at the same time so idk if theres any autistic lizard quest like murkmire that makes everyone go holy gently caress or anything but its ESO, its good stuff.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Hi posted:

Its good, if you like any of the following:
    New Content
    Doing things

I like these things a lot. Not that excited about cat stuff in general, but there's a new large area with tons of quests, a new raid, lots of lore, two new public dungs, ++. It's basically more of the same, so if you liked it before you'll enjoy it now.

e: without spoiling too much, it's got a lot of John Cleese

twitch and spasm
Jul 21, 2010
Could I get a guild invite to @Virtualsalesman?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

What’s the most dead things can the necro raise at once? PS4 version comes out soon so either want to raise my expectations or kill them now.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
a couple?

they are fire and forget pets not like real pets like sorc gets or wardens bear ultimate.

You press the button, they spawn for a short time, and attack then die, like more fleshed out versions of wardens "pet" attacks (the ranged attack thats an eagle swooping on your target, or the subterranean beetle attack)

Like you arent going to be a diablo 2 necromancer by any means, which is what I wanted but I am having a blast on my stam necro regardless

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren: Beep beep, honest opinion coming through. tl;dr at the bottom :siren:

Necromancer has mostly been a big disappointment, there's no actual "let me use my dead enemies/allies as my personal army" kind of thing, and the class in general has no redeeming qualities that make it stick out (even the Bone Colossus transformation loses its flair after you wipe a group of enemies with just a few bashes) compared to the original four classes (warden is basically in the same boat, honestly).

Overall, this entire update has been quite a disappointment, on many sides. A large part of it definitely has to do with the rampant and ever-increasing issues plaguing the game at all levels, like the Battleground/Group Finder tools not working, or the various issues with Necromancer that were reported during the entirety of the PTS cycle but were pushed to live anyway. Another major gripe is definitely the recent changes to the way Cyrodiil works, ZOS pretty much eliminated the social aspect of PvP by forcing faction locks onto the main campaigns. Add to that the fact that they've yet to fix the rampant issues plaguing PvP performance, and the PvP aspect of the game is basically at an all time low. Frankly, the studio pretty much just banked on the whole dragons and necromancers thing to get people hooked in, with very little actual substance once people are actually hooked.

TL;DR - If you're just wanting an Elder Scrolls fix while waiting for TES VI to release, yeah you can probably enjoy it casually, logging in to do the occasional quest/dungeon/exploration. If you're looking for something to get invested in, I honestly wouldn't recommend getting on board with the current state of the game. Past the quest/exploration fluff there's very little to do, and what little there is, can be incredibly frustrating to do.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

My attempt at a Maormer character...

High elf with white eyes, plus arctic rime skin and mostly Pyandonean motifs.

A Pyandonea expansion with playable Maormer is high on my wish list, but I feel like I did OK at faking it.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Scyantific posted:

Overall, this entire update has been quite a disappointment, on many sides.

How's the new trial, though?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Trim the sails and roam the sea!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Scyantific posted:

quest/exploration fluff

That’s all I want

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Nerd Of Prey posted:

My attempt at a Maormer character...

High elf with white eyes, plus arctic rime skin and mostly Pyandonean motifs.

A Pyandonea expansion with playable Maormer is high on my wish list, but I feel like I did OK at faking it.

That looks really good! My only suggestion would be to give her Oracle Eyes (something in one of the basic stuff packs you can buy) since Maomer have, basically, all white eyes.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
An aquatic Khajiit is a Meowmer.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Overemotional Robot posted:

That looks really good! My only suggestion would be to give her Oracle Eyes (something in one of the basic stuff packs you can buy) since Maomer have, basically, all white eyes.

I might give it a try... In truth I never much liked that artistic decision on their part. Maormer are supposed to have spooky white eyes, but I suspect they just reused blind textures to save some effort instead of coming up with a different texture. It just bugs me because I know how eyes work and they need pupils!

I forgot to get a screenshot with her helmet on before, because I usually hide helmets, but I do like how this one looks. I used the Ancient Elf style, which is what most Maormer NPCs in the game have used. The swords are Scalecaller style because the Pyandonean sword style is a little over the top. The rest of the outfit is all Pyandonean. (I feel like the eyes look better in this screenshot too, it's just the regular high elf white eye tint.)

BTW I went with a stamina sorcerer for this character, so I can mix some storm calling powers with my swashbuckling.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rollersnake posted:

How's the new trial, though?

Sunspire, as cool as it sounds on paper, is essentially a mini-trial with tons of recycled mechanics and a few trash packs in between. Again, seems like they were banking on the Skyrim nostalgia over wanking it to dragons to get people hooked in. Once people get their gear and their Godslayer titles it's back to cloudrest/asylum/halls/maw.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Nerd Of Prey posted:

BTW I went with a stamina sorcerer for this character, so I can mix some storm calling powers with my swashbuckling.

:krad: Good call on the Ancient Elf helmet.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Looking for an guildinvite for @nektu4711

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
Looking for invite on NA side @Grausherra

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Also looking for an invite on NA, @Protocol7

Got sucked into WC3 after buying Elsweyr and ESO+, but now I'm burnt out on WC3 again so I'm gonna pick this back up.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
So uh, I just got out from the Elsweyr tutorial and started exploring and noticed a dragon landing nearby. After a moment, my latency jumped from comfortable 90 to 110 ms to 999 and I got disconnected. This kept happening until the dragon was seemingly killed. I guess I was trampled by some kind of a raid group?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Aramek posted:

An aquatic Khajiit is a Meowmer.

Yessss :cabot:

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Would love a NA guild invite, @jimlit

Also if you guys are cool with non goons my fiance too @OhShizz

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So I just learned about making training sets, and being new I have like nothing. Any tips on the fastest or easiest way to get a set made? Looking to do medium armor right now. What armor set needs the least amount of traits to make?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If you're on NA PC you can just ask the goon guild.

Business
Feb 6, 2007

This game looks fun but I think it would take like 3 days to download 80 gigs on my connection. Is there a trial version or streaming download while you play option?

rocode
Oct 28, 2011

Meddle not with Mother Nature, lest you face her wrath.

Business posted:

This game looks fun but I think it would take like 3 days to download 80 gigs on my connection. Is there a trial version or streaming download while you play option?

No, and if you get the steam version, you have to effectively download it twice. :eng101:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I haven't really played since the morrowind expansion. I just finished the Summerset and now going into Elswer. One question, I don't seem to ever get epic food items anymore except from the hirlings, did they change this?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

BadLlama posted:

I haven't really played since the morrowind expansion. I just finished the Summerset and now going into Elswer. One question, I don't seem to ever get epic food items anymore except from the hirlings, did they change this?

Doesnt seem like it to me, they were pretty rare before and they are pretty rare now.

Lollisloth
Dec 7, 2011
Could I get an invite to the NA guild? UserID is @DrWorm

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I'd love an invite, too! @shart_carbuncle

I'm kinda having fun wandering around the Morrowind areas and pickpocketing people.

Are the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood things fun? That's my jam in the main series, but I feel like I have to ask, since they're behind a confusing paywall.

Grinspork
Jun 20, 2004

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
hello i would like an invite to the NA guild, @Gogalack

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I actually just got done with the thieves guild DLC, hadn't done it until now. The story is pretty okay, the zone is small but I quite liked it. There is nothing the DLC will let you do that you already can't do with just the basic criminal system, however, they do add more quest and you get a skill line that helps with stealing stuff.

The dark brotherhood I never finished since whenever it was released so I honestly don't remember it. The blade of woe is still amazing though.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
10 minutes before the server went down tonight, I finally beat ESO. :toot:

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
How do you get names to appear like that?

Also, congrats! I'm almost there myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Think there is a Nameplate setting in the Settings menu?
Titles are set on Character menu I think?