Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

MrUnderbridge posted:

Except for the cold ache of room temperature blood being returned to your veins. That was the worst part.

Oh, and being poor enough to do it in the first place.

gently caress... I've donated plasma a bunch and I'd never realised why it ached like that until now. ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

MrUnderbridge posted:

Except for the cold ache of room temperature blood being returned to your veins. That was the worst part.

Oh, and being poor enough to do it in the first place.

There is also that but... I am an optimist? Yeah.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well, it kept me in ramen for a couple of months. Times were dark.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Plasma donation money paid for my food and gas my first time through college. $65/week total. My paycheck was $20 more than my bills monthly, and I saved that $20 up for regular car maintenance.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Richest country in the world, the poor sell their literal vital essence for scraps of food and shelter.

If it was a book we'd all be like 'that's a bit on the nose reel it in a bit'

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

bike tory posted:

gently caress... I've donated plasma a bunch and I'd never realised why it ached like that until now. ty

If it felt like a cramp it might have been the anticoagulant they use in the apherisis process. I donate platelets every 2-3 weeks and if they miss that vein on the return line you notice real fast, it feels like you're getting stung and cramping at the same time for about 30 seconds. At least red cross has machines that warm the blood a bit before they send it back in. And fruit snacks.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Nah it's just a dull ache up the arm, I assumed it is just some nerve fuckery from the fat needle sticking out of my arm for a while

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I have a major phobia of needles (more specifically the syringe/tubing part, not the actual pokey bit), but I would still happily sack up and get drained because I know how important it is.

Except whoops Canada never bothered to change the gay panic laws around giving blood so unless I stay abstinate for a full year, I cant donate. :cripes: Doesnt matter that my boyfriend and I have only slept with each other and are both clean, the presence of two dicks in the room could make the AIDS spontaneously appear.

I know this post was out of nowhere but it pisses me off :( I just want to help out

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Danaru posted:

I have a major phobia of needles (more specifically the syringe/tubing part, not the actual pokey bit), but I would still happily sack up and get drained because I know how important it is.

Except whoops Canada never bothered to change the gay panic laws around giving blood so unless I stay abstinate for a full year, I cant donate. :cripes: Doesnt matter that my boyfriend and I have only slept with each other and are both clean, the presence of two dicks in the room could make the AIDS spontaneously appear.

I know this post was out of nowhere but it pisses me off :( I just want to help out

I went to check which countries still have these laws and there are a lot of them, but slightly good news for you and other mlm Canadians:

quote:

Effective from 3 June, 2019 the deferral period for gay and bi men will be reduced from 1 year to 3 months.

I'm banned for life from giving blood due to getting malaria as a kid so I get to avoid all that with a clean conscience, and reading the posts on this page has made me appreciate that fact.

felch me daddy jr. has a new favorite as of 01:50 on May 30, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Danaru posted:

My partner is canadian and I am american. I touched his dick once. We have AIDS now :(

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Uh, I accidentally glimpsed some old dudes junk in the locker room at the gym once. Should I get tested?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

felch me daddy jr. posted:

I'm banned for life from giving blood due to getting malaria as a kid so I get to avoid all that with a clean conscience, and reading the posts on this page has made me appreciate that fact.

I never looked into it, but I assumed my malaria as a kid also negated my ability to donate.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ya new Zealand is the same. I could sit under a bridge to get a tattoo from a homeless dude using random bits of metal he collected off the street, and give blood 4 months later. But because I'm a guy, if I put one dick in my mouth and/or butt I would be out for a year.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

bike tory posted:

Ya new Zealand is the same. I could sit under a bridge to get a tattoo from a homeless dude using random bits of metal he collected off the street, and give blood 4 months later. But because I'm a guy, if I put one dick in my mouth and/or butt I would be out for a year.

As a trans woman I still count as a man for all this poo poo despite everything I’ve been through. It’s ridiculously, incredibly stupid.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That’s why you shove multiple penises in every available orifice. If you’re gonna have to wait might as well have some fun

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I used to donate blood as often as I could. My wife is a childhood cancer survivor. She can't give but needed plenty of blood when she was sick.
I wanted to give back. I gave successfully for five years. Then I puked three times in a row right after donating so they asked me to please stop.

Edit: also I'm a trans woman so I don't even know if they'd want my abominable blood.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

oldpainless posted:

That’s why you shove multiple penises in every available orifice. If you’re gonna have to wait might as well have some fun

More like oldpenisful

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Danaru posted:

If you lied, would they know?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

chitoryu12 posted:

If they got caught it's probably an assault charge bare minimum.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

If they got caught it's probably an assault charge bare minimum.

But again, how could they possibly know when the last time you caught a dick was?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Zipperelli. posted:

But again, how could they possibly know when the last time you caught a dick was?

Because making contact with a dick, or in other cases, a vagina... that gives you the AIDS gene. It shows up on the computers. God, keep up.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm not going to go into the closet for the privilege of giving away my life saving blood. If someone dies because my healthy but bisexual blood was too icky to be used, that's the choice Canadian Blood Services made.

Incidentally the rules also say that if I left my relationship and had sex with a woman within a year, that woman would also be ineligible for a year because I'm that radioactive. Its dumb as poo poo!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Danaru posted:

I'm not going to go into the closet for the privilege of giving away my life saving blood. If someone dies because my healthy but bisexual blood was too icky to be used, that's the choice Canadian Blood Services made.

Incidentally the rules also say that if I left my relationship and had sex with a woman within a year, that woman would also be ineligible for a year because I'm that radioactive. Its dumb as poo poo!

lmao that one at least the NZ blood service dropped

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

EVG posted:

Beautiful.

:laffo:

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shoulda left the kid there.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Is Karen a famous restauranteur I should have heard about?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I think it's the stereotypical white lady name for the "demanding to speak to the manager" set.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Is Karen a famous restauranteur I should have heard about?

It's a meme.
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/karen

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Zipperelli. posted:

Does it count if you tried to catch one but dropped it because of your poor hand-dick coordination?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Enfys posted:

Does it count if you tried to catch one but dropped it because of your poor hand-dick coordination?

Does masturbation count as gay sex?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Why would you leave a 50% tip unless you had to ask some extraordinary favor from the wait staff?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

oldpainless posted:

absorb the excess cum into your fatty tissue to be released in times of cock drought

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

chitoryu12 posted:

dick that didn't happen

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Danaru posted:

I'm not going to go into the closet for the privilege of giving away my life saving blood.
Technically you'd just be claiming you don't got game

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Aleph Null posted:

Absolutely ask this question if anyone at a blood drive asks if you've had gay sex. Always protest discriminatory bullshit.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Aleph Null posted:

I don’t believe so

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

If it does I am likethe gayest dude ever

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

oldpainless posted:

If it does I am likethe gayest dude ever

As a trans woman with a vulva but presumably XY chromosomes, is it straight or gay when I jill off? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

oldpainless posted:

I don’t believe so
What if I use a complex system of mirrors and pulleys so it looks like there's six of me