Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
New Hooked on TJ Hooker, and Nexus today? Hell yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I'm surprised the guys forgot about Spock's half brother, considering they did an episode on Star Trek V. Though I guess that was over 150 episodes ago. (Holy poo poo, I sometimes forget how long they've been doing this.)

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Fartgomery Scott

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
I never forget... a fart.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

clown shoes posted:

Fartgomery Scott

I've got to say, I was really checked out of the Farty stuff and thought it was going on way too long and I actually started skipping 15 second increments, and then they dropped Fartgomery Scott and I laughed so hard I got in trouble at work.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
This is gonna be a cool one

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1134455282602561537

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

It took me three times to realize they weren't talking about Deep Impact, so I was confused why they were doing it again.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Deep Rising is a great monster movie, that better be a We Love Movies.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

enigmahfc posted:

It's been years since I've seen it, and I still remember the line, “If the cash is there, we do not care”.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

enigmahfc posted:

Kevin J. O'Connor is a treasure.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Huh didn't know Bouie podded and/or casted

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Deep Rising is basically just Drunk Aliens and rules for it.

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
Holy crap, Cliff Curtis was in Deep Rising.

<--- KIWI ALERT, YO.

That said, this sounds hilaribad and not God-awful like the Avatar: The Last Airbender movie (which Cliff Curtis was also in, smh)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Patreon commentary track for June is Independence Day... might have to sync that poo poo

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Heads up that half the crew are on Blank Check again this week:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I know this is like 2 weeks late... But I was streaming Con Air to fall asleep to, and about 25min in I got one of those random non-WHM ads.

Ok, these are extremely stupid.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

I know this is like 2 weeks late... But I was streaming Con Air to fall asleep to, and about 25min in I got one of those random non-WHM ads.

Ok, these are extremely stupid.

Which app?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

jojoinnit posted:

Super weird hearing David mention Christopher Lambert in front of the boys without a chorus of 'heh heh heh...' following.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

jojoinnit posted:

Listening now, it’s good and fun.

But pro-tip if you haven’t listened to this podcast before: the moment the host goes “ding dooong” in a nasal tone, fast forward 5 minutes or so, because they’re about to dive head first in an obnoxiously long, annoying and boooooooring character-driven advertisement.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I feel like I should hate Blank Check but Griffin is just so charming I cant help but like it

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Donald Sutherlands accent goes through about 5 different countries in Deep Rising so their impressions will be perfect hiyooooo

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

BigglesSWE posted:

But pro-tip if you haven’t listened to this podcast before: the moment the host goes “ding dooong” in a nasal tone, fast forward 5 minutes or so, because they’re about to dive head first in an obnoxiously long, annoying and boooooooring character-driven advertisement.

I can see how someone would hate Griffin's ads, but me? I loves 'em.

Don't we have a Blank Check thread here?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
E: ^ we do?

SleepCousinDeath posted:

I feel like I should hate Blank Check but Griffin is just so charming I cant help but like it

Would you say he's the Joker of podcast hosts?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Podcast Addict. It was the first time I've ever noticed that. Maybe I'm asleep by the time the ad plays when I stream it.

Normally I download it automatically when it's released and play from my phone.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

jojoinnit posted:

E: ^ we do?

Well, where is it?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Hockles posted:

Podcast Addict. It was the first time I've ever noticed that. Maybe I'm asleep by the time the ad plays when I stream it.

Normally I download it automatically when it's released and play from my phone.

Oh so perhaps it's a stream vs pre-downloaded file issue?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

kalensc posted:

Oh so perhaps it's a stream vs pre-downloaded file issue?

That's what I would suspect as I also use Podcast Addict but I download and don't stream, and I've never gotten a bonus ad.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

SleepCousinDeath posted:

I really enjoy both of their enthusiasm. It’s very rare that I finish an episode of blank check where I don’t want to watch the movie, even if it’s not a movie I like.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
We have our new Batman. Official announcement from the actor himself.

https://twitter.com/RealWilfordB/status/1135975579319250944

Oh, Gawd Domm Ett!

Violator
May 15, 2003

jojoinnit posted:

Would you say he's the Joker of podcast hosts?

I really, really don't know why but that cracks me up every time and I was super glad to hear a callback to it on the Blank Check Manhunter episode.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I've got to say, I was really checked out of the Farty stuff and thought it was going on way too long and I actually started skipping 15 second increments, and then they dropped Fartgomery Scott and I laughed so hard I got in trouble at work.
The whole extended behind the scenes interviews about Farty are honestly a work of art.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Iron Crowned posted:

That's what I would suspect as I also use Podcast Addict but I download and don't stream, and I've never gotten a bonus ad.

I think something just hosed up/"began working" this week randomly, because I download off the site, just got it in my copy.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Farty was good from joke 1

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

BigglesSWE posted:

I like Griffin’s ads. I think they’re funny.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

What's the best way to listen to the commentaries?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1136338002802880514

Dark Phoenix On Screen coming.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 5, 2019

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

END ME SCOOB posted:

I think something just hosed up/"began working" this week randomly, because I download off the site, just got it in my copy.

I got it in my copy via iTunes as well, and yeah that's really jarring.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

stratofarius posted:

Well, where is it?
If I made one would people post in it? I've thought about it for a while because Blank Check is my favorite movie podcast.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

ravenkult posted:

What's the best way to listen to the commentaries?

Depending on the movie, I've either had a browser window open with the movie and a second one with their patreon page playing at the same time. Or, I've just had earbuds in with my phone and muted my TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1136451336503996417