Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The Formation video and performance featured BLM themes and we all know that stands for "Black Lives Matter More" and definitely not "Black Lives Matter Too".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Picnic Princess posted:

The Formation video and performance featured BLM themes and we all know that stands for "Black Lives Matter More" and definitely not "Black Lives Matter Too".

Don't be ridiculous, BLM stands for "kill all whites, especially cops."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Skwirl posted:

I thought it stood for Bacon, Lettuce, and Mangosteen...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Which is hilarious because the replacement pose was literally from an old pin-up painting.

Her rear end doesn’t even look right! It looks like the rear end from a Barbie with moving legs.

What did it look like before? I’m guessing it was larger and rounder or some thing ridiculous.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Skwirl posted:

You mean it doesn't stand for Never Walk Alone?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

MarcusSA posted:

Her rear end doesn’t even look right! It looks like the rear end from a Barbie with moving legs.

What did it look like before? I’m guessing it was larger and rounder or some thing ridiculous.

It's quoted in the post you quoted.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

MarcusSA posted:

It's always been the same rear end but they changed the pose so not make it the centre of the whole picture.

Tracer is a cool character but her rear end design just baffles me. At least widowmaker is made in the feme fatale theme but not Tracer.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Katt posted:

her rear end design just baffles me

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Besesoth posted:

It's quoted in the post you quoted.

Katt posted:

It's always been the same rear end but they changed the pose so not make it the centre of the whole picture.

Tracer is a cool character but her rear end design just baffles me. At least widowmaker is made in the feme fatale theme but not Tracer.

Oh! I misread it. I thought they changed the rear end.

The pose is ok? Gamers get worked up over the dumbest poo poo.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

You see, you don't get this trouble with Tetris.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jollity Farm posted:

Sorry but have you seen the shading on the new square?? It’s unacceptable that they would change it.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
wtf?

The two poses are almost exactly the same though aren't they? Am I crazy? Those two images are very similar, right? And while I'm not an artist or anything I strongly suspect the intent behind the two pieces is pretty much the same too. Is that the evil SJW mindset gamers are rising up against? Fighting against... just more of the same poo poo but tweaked a tiny bit?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I don't think anyone cares about the rear end anymore, there was a way bigger huff about her being gay and also I guess Solider 76 is gay now too? They're madder about the gay stuff

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

sunken fleet posted:

wtf?

The two poses are almost exactly the same though aren't they? Am I crazy? Those two images are very similar, right? And while I'm not an artist or anything I strongly suspect the intent behind the two pieces is pretty much the same too. Is that the evil SJW mindset gamers are rising up against? Fighting against... just more of the same poo poo but tweaked a tiny bit?

It's too far in development to change the actual rear end but the first pose is a basically rear end featuring Tracer and the second one is Tracer who just happens to have a very emphasized rear end.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Transmogrifier posted:

I love that they've included a game that doesn't even have a release date yet (The Last of Us Part 2). They're just pissed off because they can't play as their boy Joel and that Ellie has a girlfriend. They literally know nothing about the game beyond these two facts and that is enough to "inform" them of the game's politics. If Ellie and her girlfriend were a backdrop to the story, they'd be jacking off over it.

It's a troll image. There's no one on Earth who thinks the games on the left aren't political.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Katt posted:

It's too far in development to change the actual rear end

New thread title.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

IIRC the original complaint about the first pose was that it was the same as one of the widowmaker victory poses

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Let's face it, this is the Overwatch everyone wants.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Zesty posted:

It's a troll image. There's no one on Earth who thinks the games on the left aren't political.
You'd be surprised. I've definitely seen those types claim MGS to not be political even though Kojima treats subtext like Garth Marenghi.

Like even if that is a gag image the sentiment is still very real.

Accordion Man has a new favorite as of 21:06 on May 30, 2019

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Push El Burrito posted:

GOGGLES ACTIVATE

BADONKADONK EXTEND

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

sunken fleet posted:

wtf?

The upset was more about the mismatch between the pose and the character's personality IIRC. Everywhere else she's depicted as bubbly and childish, so seeing her in a generic "check out my sweet rear end" pose felt especially skeevy to some people, especially for a game that's so famous for its progressiveness. The replacement pose gets a pass not because it's any more chaste, but because its done in a way that suits the character better and is a reference to her backstory (she's a test pilot sent forward in time, hence the old pin-up look).

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Zesty posted:

Yeah I’ve definitely encountered “metal gear isn’t political” in the wild.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

ghost emoji posted:

Gangsta rap? Is it 1997? This is like all those uncles who are still pissed off at saggy pants even though it hasn't been trendy for a decade.

It may not have, but I still see dudes with saggy pants around where I live. I suspect the popularity varies by region.

Also if you're white and complaining about it you probably haven't actually seen it for years.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Puppy Time posted:

It may not have, but I still see dudes with saggy pants around where I live. I suspect the popularity varies by region.

Also if you're white and complaining about it you probably haven't actually seen it for years.

Except on white kids

(Which is the fault of the blacks)

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

High school kids still sag their pants all the time in south Texas

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Do people still do the pants with one leg rolled up and the other down?

That was really popular when I was a kid, I remember. You'd always see highschool kids sporting that look walking down my street.

Always drove me crazy. If my legs felt two different temperatures I'd be so annoyed.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Push El Burrito posted:

Brawnfire posted:

GOGGLES ACTIVATE

BADONKADONK EXTEND

Lol, I missed the butt inflation until you posted this, lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bogus Adventure posted:

Lol, I missed the butt inflation until you posted this, lol

Holy poo poo so did I lol.

Lmao

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Puppy Time posted:

Yeah I get one or two kids every year out of the 150 or so I teach who seem to have adopted actual waistband-below-the-rear end sagging as a personal style, but it only annoys me insofar as there's fewer layers of fabric between rear end and chair than I feel there should be and I never bother saying anything about it because I'm an old fat white dude and who loving cares really?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Y'all missed a good one yesterday.

https://twitter.com/JeffLandry/status/1133811238746677248

This is the Attorney General of the state of Louisiana.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

MarcusSA posted:

No, you see, this is censorship, and gamers are fighting for freedom of speech in art.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

MarcusSA posted:

Holy poo poo so did I lol.

Lmao

:same:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Jollity Farm posted:

You'd be surprised.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dienes posted:

You'd be surprised.

So you are the man who arranges the blocks.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Y'all missed a good one yesterday.

https://twitter.com/JeffLandry/status/1133811238746677248

This is the Attorney General of the state of Louisiana.

Oh...my. Bless his little ol' heart!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Maybe the painting was trying to kill you, you idiot redneck.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I've noticed that all the nerds that missed the political messaging of all the stuff they liked as a kid grow up to be the bad guys in the stories they like.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Scathach posted:

Maybe the painting was trying to kill you, you idiot redneck.

Just gonna skate over the whole "off grid living" Facebook group thing?

:ironicat:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cernunnos posted:

The government grid you hipster cuck

Facebook don't take no taxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Cernunnos posted:

Off-grid people still have cell phones :shrug: It was always more "stop using the Man's electricity."