Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'm going to play Odyssey as Alexios, mostly because my gf already played as Kassandra and I want to see what it's like with an evil Kassandra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Wolfsheim posted:

Egyptian mythology and riding camels through the desert is cooler than Greek mythology and riding horses through some islands :shrug:

I also just remembered Origins had those cool death scenes where Bayek banishes all his targets to the afterlife with a feather whereas in Odyssey its like "hey go kill these 40 randos alright bye"

Bigger isn't always better escobarbarian!

They really went all out with those post mortem sequences, looked fantastic.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Morpheus posted:

Huh, I thought that one wasn't well-received. One criticism I remember is that your team is absolutely terrible and needs to be revived constantly? Anyway I'm just surprised that it's getting a remaster.

The only criticism I remember about it at launch was people talking about how annoying the unkillable candlesticks were which actually turned out to be the second coming of the Deus Ex boat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BisterdDave posted:

Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® details

So they're saying that it's not a remake, but a reimagining. So, basically it is a remake.

it sounds like they are doing more of a grounded deal and basicaly keeping some of the characters and nothing else. i can understand that since mw2 and 3 were out and out ww3 and you can't really pull that poo poo again in the same canon. i kinda like the grey moral horribleness that MW2019 will because i kinda like that stuff.

Morpheus posted:

I'm going to play Odyssey as Alexios, mostly because my gf already played as Kassandra and I want to see what it's like with an evil Kassandra.

i like evil kassandra better then evil alexios. E-kassandra is just very cold and ruthless while also coming off as clearly damagad. E-alexios just comes off as dicount kylo ren.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 30, 2019

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Any good crafting like games on PS4? I’ve been watching Satisfactory and some Yogscast Minecraft fuckery and I have this itch for crafting but more advanced than Minecraft and not as janky as Ark. Anything or do I have to resurrect my laptop for some Minecraft Tekkit stuff?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I hope the COD campaign is more Michael Bay/Tom Clancy/24 over-the-top nonsense and not edgy and gross "just because" like last of us 2

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ElwoodCuse posted:

I hope the COD campaign is more Michael Bay/Tom Clancy/24 over-the-top nonsense and not edgy and gross "just because" like last of us 2

it will have over the top moments, but i feel like they are going for more of a brothers in arms/2010 medal of honor/last of us/spec ops the line feel. i think a bunch of the gameplay directors are from naughty dog and its been in development for like 5 years. it looks different and i am kinda interested.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sony is super-NOT going to be in E3.

Is going to be hard to be a PS4 fan. But almost everything that we are going to see will have a PS4 version or even a PS5, is just will not be announced like that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'll tell you what's even harder for PS4 fans... the God of War map menu! Haha but seriously folks, I'm here all week. No really.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

What are a few of the go-to's for casual online co-op stuff nowadays? Vermintide looks kinda cool, but it's old enough now that I'm guessing there's not many people playing anymore? Something in that vein though - tight-knit team combat against either waves of AI or PvP against other small teams. I tried Killing Floor 2 and it was fun for a while but it doesn't take long before it starts to feel very same-y.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I'll tell you what's even harder for PS4 fans... the God of War map menu! Haha but seriously folks, I'm here all week. No really.

thanks for reminding me about the GoW "fast travel" system :negative:

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Quantum of Phallus posted:

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

NO CUTS

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

What are a few of the go-to's for casual online co-op stuff nowadays? Vermintide looks kinda cool, but it's old enough now that I'm guessing there's not many people playing anymore? Something in that vein though - tight-knit team combat against either waves of AI or PvP against other small teams. I tried Killing Floor 2 and it was fun for a while but it doesn't take long before it starts to feel very same-y.

Vermintide 2 is still plenty populated precisely because it's one of the only games out there that fills that niche atm.

The Division 2 might also be a good pick for you.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

ElwoodCuse posted:

I didn't realize that the campaign info for TLOU2 had been released, can you link?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
dark souls is so fucken good

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

I thought it was awesome. You get told a story in a weird environment.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

JBP posted:

I thought it was awesome. You get told a story in a weird environment.

It took me forever to realise you don't have to walk along the path and if you just stand there the door will eventually appear

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The fact that God of War was so successful marketing that fact shows just how well and truly excised the Dead Space series is from people's minds now.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

RareAcumen posted:

The fact that God of War was so successful marketing that fact shows just how well and truly excised the Dead Space series is from people's minds now.

Don't remind me that Dead Space is gone :sadwave:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Yeh, honestly, I realized that I bounced of God of War twice then for some reason on my third attempt I got hooked and it was probably because of Mimir. I haven’t played any of the other games, but I would hella play a spin-off GoW game as Mimir doing the dirty work of some evil Norse gods and hanging w Odin and Thor or whatever. I don’t care really, but Mimir made what would otherwise be a really dull game into a game that I didn’t mind traveling in a boat for like 5 minutes at a time.

But really I just want to play the new From game if it does take place in a similar Norse setting.

fridge corn posted:

dark souls is so fucken good

How far are you? Are you playing 1 for the first time? If you haven’t played Bloodborne, or DS3, play those next in that order. Also I’m replaying DS1 on Switch with a friend and realizing that I definitely prefer DS2, and it’s just because I played them in reverse order starting w Bloodborne and ending with Demon’s Souls, but they’re all great, I just got spoiled by the amount of weapon variety in 3 and 2, and while 1 is definitely more memorable and doesn’t have as much bloat, it still has a lot of stuff I thoroughly don’t enjoy, like Sen’s Fortress, and some other random areas. 3 is my favorite (Bloodborne is the best, but out of the Souls games), and I find it crazy people like the original more somehow. Demon’s Souls is loving dope and I need to see that remake at E3.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 30, 2019

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

JBP posted:

European Extreme: Mads is also completely nude.

That's a preorder bonus :swoon:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you don’t think the violence in The Last of Us isn’t explicit and intentional then you don’t understand the games IMO

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hell the fast travel counts as a cut imo because it fades to white. Cheaters

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

No loading time. My immersion.

No wait: Muy Loading Times. No Immersion.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hell the fast travel counts as a cut imo because it fades to white. Cheaters

I'm not sure why they needed that and couldn't manage to have that area open a door to the next with no white light. Would have been cool just stepping out with no special effect. It's just a door.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING
I remember getting to that room where you travel between worlds and it had like 10 worlds you wheel around not including the central hhub and thinking this game was going to be loving massive. What was the deal with that, why would they set your expectations like that .

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I remember getting to that room where you travel between worlds and it had like 10 worlds you wheel around not including the central hhub and thinking this game was going to be loving massive. What was the deal with that, why would they set your expectations like that .

Sequels

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It's a trilogy. Also it was a pretty huge game. I thought it was well and truly long enough for a single player action game.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

JBP posted:

It's a trilogy. Also it was a pretty huge game. I thought it was well and truly long enough for a single player action game.
You still have it in the game, and even when you do the sequels you're probably never going to be able to access every world. Just a bizarre way to present it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Demon's Souls (2009) > Goofs > Revealing mistakes > The archstone in the Nexus that leads to the cut Land of the Giants area was only partially removed.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Sequel bait or not, it’s extremely weird to have a part of your game that says “You will never, ever go here!”

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I think it's a fine way to make the setting of a game feel epic without making the scope of the game absurdly large

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

Sequel bait or not, it’s extremely weird to have a part of your game that says “You will never, ever go here!”

Still mad about every silent hill hallway?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah I was excited for Asaheim, but I remain excited. It might have made more sense to have those branches of the world tree broken off entirely or something rather than the Yggdrasil computer just saying "AREA UNAVAILABLE". Wouldn't be hard to weave that in and just record Mimir saying "oh yeah the tree is all busted because Odin is a dumb rear end in a top hat" same as everything else.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

iirc, Barlog didn’t want you to go to the other realms in GOW2 and have people complain they couldn’t see them in the realm travel room in the last game.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Its a map, it contains all the dimensions, you can't just remove a realm from it like it's new zealand

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

JBP posted:

European Extreme: Mads is also completely nude.
Naked and mad? But it's not even Friday :v:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
just finished Raising Kratos. Was pretty drat good, worth a watch if you like the new GoW

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did a system update break anybody elses console today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Super No Vacancy posted:

did a system update break anybody elses console today

My Ps4 turned on in the middle of the night and the disc/fans spinning like crazy but I just turned the other way and went back to sleep.

I saw there was a 7.0 update but no idea what it was for.