Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you haven't yet go check out the last 4-5 pages of the CSPAM venezuela thread because it's turned into an amazing photoshop Guiado into political failures thread.

A personal fav:

But really, there are so many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:piss:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Reading this gave me cancer

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
https://twitter.com/alexhern/status/1134009576167280640

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I need a larger, cleaned-up version of that so I can hang it in the break room

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Slim Pickens posted:

I need a larger, cleaned-up version of that so I can hang it in the break room

There's a cleaner one down in the comments.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
What the gently caress?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Drunk people with guns kill sober people with guns, I think?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"OK, let's ban drunk driving then."

"OH SO YOU JUST WANT TO BAN ALL ALCOHOL HUH?!?"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

been seeing this one a lot

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dbbm52/status/1126661941093642241?s=19

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

been seeing this one a lot

Tbf both sides end up resorting to bureaucratic fuckery to undermine both legal gun sales and access to legal abortion to the degree where it’s nearly impossible for anyone who isn’t rich and have considerable resources to get either. Though technically legal, it’s a bad and lovely manipulation of the law and the “I’M NOT HITTING YOU! I’M NOT HITTING YOU!” way of attaining a similar policy goal.

See also “woke corporations” doing similar things. I have a friend who thinks it’s great that Salesforce is basically barring any shop that sells semi-autos from using their software, yet doesn’t see the problem if a similar corporation were to ban Planned Parenthood or abortion clinics from using theirs.

But of course the real naif is me because I’d rather see lawmakers do their loving jobs and debate and compromise on legislation here in TYOOL 2019 in the Hellfucker timeline, so yeah.

Also serfin USA lol

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Tbf both sides end up resorting to bureaucratic fuckery to undermine both legal gun sales and access to legal abortion to the degree where it’s nearly impossible for anyone who isn’t rich and have considerable resources to get either. Though technically legal, it’s a bad and lovely manipulation of the law and the “I’M NOT HITTING YOU! I’M NOT HITTING YOU!” way of attaining a similar policy goal.

See also “woke corporations” doing similar things. I have a friend who thinks it’s great that Salesforce is basically barring any shop that sells semi-autos from using their software, yet doesn’t see the problem if a similar corporation were to ban Planned Parenthood or abortion clinics from using theirs.

But of course the real naif is me because I’d rather see lawmakers do their loving jobs and debate and compromise on legislation here in TYOOL 2019 in the Hellfucker timeline, so yeah.

Also serfin USA lol

The NRA is largely responsible for undermining legal gun sales by making it a free for all.

Largely by fighting against implementation of common sense background check laws and restrictions.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1135687072084254722

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
https://twitter.com/HoneydewWilkins/status/1135693584450166785

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1137363623817437184

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Come on. That has to be a joke

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

Come on. That has to be a joke

Why would you put on a bumper sticker that guarantees your car is keyed for a joke?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

What rank even is that

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

What rank even is that

E-5

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
All that attitude and it’s just an E-5.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EBB posted:

Why would you put on a bumper sticker that guarantees your car is keyed for a joke?

Because it's your husband's car and you're about to get divorced?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
She makes him drive it.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Yeah lots of dependas out here thirsting to be called "petty officer"

that's definitely a joke

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
I can’t read rank so it’s ok if I just call her Private Doe right? I’m a dumb civvy and all.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Yeah lots of dependas out here thirsting to be called "petty officer"

that's definitely a joke
I mean it's still more dignified than "Brenda the Pill Slut"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

She makes him drive it.

Some kinks need to be shamed.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
You don't even address sailors by their rank typically, it's their rating and a number

So like the Army equivalent would be something like calling her 11B2 (for Petty Officer, 2nd class) Doe.

Navy rating structure isn't THAT hard to learn but it was infuriating to be around as a soldier in a joint environment, because the sailors I met get all pissy when you don't address them by the rate instead of rank, even when you can't really tell what their rating is when you meet.

This was made worse because I have a bad memory and the rates didn't always have anything to do with their current position.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Navy is godamn weird, man

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Navy is godamn weird, man

Navy: Nuh uh, *changes into 6th discrete uniform of the week and retires to the ward room for the officer-only meal, but the officers have invited an enlisted to be the special guest of the evening*

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I like dumb, long standing, institutional traditions but I was also abused and manipulated as a kid so ymmv

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only the Navy has a worthless e-6 rank that has no pull and pushes brooms; coupled with a segregated E-7+ that spend more time circle jerking and going on about tradition than doing anything useful for their Joe’s. I’m surprised we don’t have to salute them

Then e-4 is a 3rd class, e-5 2nd, and e-6 1st. Who decided that poo poo?

And I’ve never met anyone that doesn’t get into a fuss when you call them petty officer. It’s only used when you’re trying to patronize someone or be condescending. Boot camp was especially annoying: “i’m not a PETTY officer do I look like a PETTY officer I work for a living.” Uh ok then. In boot camp you don’t “rate” calling them by their actual job title

Lest we forget the Navy tried to get rid of the job title rank poo poo that no one else does e.g. an E-5 Hospital Corpsman being an HM2. Not sure why it’s not HC but hey. People lost their minds and they quickly reversed it.

Oh yeah and if you don’t know the person the only way you’d know their job title is if you could identify the job symbol on their dress uniform. Also flight suits are uniforms but god forbid you wear coveralls—you know an actual working uniform—anywhere.

Is this a Wendy’s drive-thru?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jun 9, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

wtf is a petty officer anyways

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

generally e-4 to e-6 but to confuse you even more e-7 is a “chief” but the whole title is “chief petty officer,” e-8 is senior chief petty officer and e-9 master

It’s above lower enlisted but not an officer. Etymology is French and petty meaning petit or “small,” but I believe that assumption may be incorrect and just a coincidence. Yes I know like half our poo poo is modeled after the French especially the word Sergeant etc.

You could also technically call an e-4 PO3 but I never really saw that

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

A petty rear end bitch that's what

Pretty much this

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jun 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wtf is a petty officer anyways
A petty rear end bitch that's what