Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Beef and Dairy is Welcome to Nightvale but for bovine related agriculture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
What's the link to the terrible FB group i want to punish myself

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Just search for "my my and me" and join one of the 1000 groups that pops up.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Riptor posted:

Lol you have to prove you can put a trigger warning and page breaks to join the group.

This is gonna be so bad

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

Riptor posted:

Is there a place to just read about all the drama rather than having to dig through years of Facebook posts?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I'm just catching up on The Descent stream, and lol boy do these twitch chat nerds not like Travis, or jokes.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Not Operator posted:

I'm just catching up on The Descent stream, and lol boy do these twitch chat nerds not like Travis, or jokes.
so just like this thread?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

A Long Way Down posted:

Is there a place to just read about all the drama rather than having to dig through years of Facebook posts?

This would also be good

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012
The moment I left that Facebook group was when I saw them collectively demand that content warnings be used if food (you know, that stuff everybody needs to eat to survive) was mentioned in a post. it was surreal.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Am I crazy or is it a TAZ week?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

The Lowdog posted:

The moment I left that Facebook group was when I saw them collectively demand that content warnings be used if food (you know, that stuff everybody needs to eat to survive) was mentioned in a post. it was surreal.

I saw "cw: horses" once

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Morbid curiosity got me to look up the group in question and apparently they banned discussing fidget spinners due to... ableism

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

COOL CORN posted:

I saw "cw: horses" once

To be fair, have you ever seen a horse? Eugh.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

didn't Rachel Rosing or whatever her name was somehow destroy a facebook group for LGBT+ fans of the Flophouse

They're parody strawmen made reality, it's insane.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
this is certainly a fun and entertaining conversation

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I agree, I do think it is fun and entertaining to hear about these insane people

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Crocoswine posted:

I agree, I do think it is fun and entertaining to hear about these insane people

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

careful before flatluigi calls you alt-right for thinking its very funny to ask for content warnings on mentions of food and horses

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Alaois posted:

careful before flatluigi calls you alt-right for thinking its very funny to ask for content warnings on mentions of food and horses

pretty sure it was you constantly going off about gamergate poo poo on twitter that made me call you alt-right but nice try anyway

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

pretty sure it was you constantly going off about gamergate poo poo on twitter that made me call you alt-right but nice try anyway

link what you think is my twitter account immediately because i am insanely curious about this now

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It was me all along, I have been Twitter this whole time.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I tried to join the Facebook group earlier in the week, but they quiz you on the rules, which you have to request from them, so I couldn't be arsed.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Also here are eighty screenshots of the Still Buffering Facebook group imploding from a few years ago if you're looking for McElroy drama

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2WvUwiIN-HEYmJmRlh5aktxRnM

It's the one where someone suggested Still Buffering do a heavy episode on white privilege, and Rileigh's mom said maybe that was a bit much for a teen-ager to be expected to deal with on a light hearted podcast about cassette tapes and saved by the bell, and then it all kicked off.

Edit: this is why you don't hear game recognize game Rachel Rosing's name anymore.

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 31, 2019

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Tears In A Vial posted:

Also here are eighty screenshots of the Still Buffering Facebook group imploding from a few years ago if you're looking for McElroy drama

It's the one where someone suggested Still Buffering do a heavy episode on white privilege, and Rileigh's mom said maybe that was a bit much for a teen-ager to be expected to deal with on a light hearted podcast about cassette tapes and saved by the bell, and then it all kicked off.

White people slapfighting other white people over whether or not a podcast (hosted by some other white people) should talk about structural racism has got to be the whitest thing I've ever seen.

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Pretty sure the Facebook group is still salty about that, too

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

hosted not only by white people, but white people in West Virginia

edit: flatluigi link the twitter you coward

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

huh weird. granted I don't listen to that show but I thought the initial pitch was reasonable at least.

of course, then it turns into "you need to do this, and if you choose not to you're part of the problem", which I guess is what the hosts took issue with.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Content warnings about food and eating are very common because eating disorders are a thing.

Idk what the horses thing is about.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Lightningproof posted:

Content warnings about food and eating are very common because eating disorders are a thing.

Idk what the horses thing is about.

Without a direct quote, anti-SJW stuff like this is invariably an exaggeration or subject to Chinese whispers.

Can we draw a line in this. Does anyone know when the next Amnesty is? Looks like we're approaching the end of the storyline at least.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
gently caress mbmbam unexpectedly mentions food all the time in like crazy detail.

They usually open live with banter about how disgusting they've been eating.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Not So Fast posted:

Without a direct quote, anti-SJW stuff like this is invariably an exaggeration or subject to Chinese whispers.

Can we draw a line in this. Does anyone know when the next Amnesty is? Looks like we're approaching the end of the storyline at least.

It's supposed to be this week. I'd guess it'll go up today.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Wasabi the J posted:

gently caress mbmbam unexpectedly mentions food all the time in like crazy detail.

They usually open live with banter about how disgusting they've been eating.

There's an entire recurring segment with a call and response opening dedicated to the dumbest food in the news.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

And frequent references to which quick service food caused Griffin to most recently blow his rear end in a top hat out

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Related...
https://twitter.com/rachelcmcelroy/status/1133852041313443840

So I'm guessing that's why TAZ wasn't up yesterday, :rip:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pour one out for a literal rear end in a top hat, it's probably been through a lot.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Shinjobi posted:

Pour one out for a literal rear end in a top hat, it's probably been through a lot.

Surely you mean a lot's been through it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

wizzardstaff posted:

Surely you mean a lot's been through it.

Indeed. My suggestion would probably require a trip to the ER.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Tears In A Vial posted:

Edit: this is why you don't hear game recognize game Rachel Rosing's name anymore.

Holy poo poo this is the cringiest/funniest thing I've seen all week.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I read about 10 of those screenshots and couldn't keep going. I think the main takeaway is that the creators and their families should absolutely never be involved in social media groups about their podcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Why are people surprised and upset that three sisters chose to side with their mom over internet randos

:negative: