Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

The Bananana posted:

I've started playing apex.

Which I hate. I hate that BF, a series I've really loved, and put so many hours into, has forced me to leave...

Forced me with poor decision after poor decision.
Stuff that... it's like, is this babby game programmers first game?

I mean, firestorm takes forever to load now. They're going backwards.

They're actively and passively making the game worse.

DICE has this awful tick that makes them try to do their own version of a current gameplay trend that doesn't really for what makes BF fun. Sometimes it works better than the OG trendsetter. Like, Domination is way better close quarters/run-and-gun than any COD game.

But then BF5 has fortification building an it's like, why?? It slows down gameplay and then a bomber just flies over and blows your poo poo up.

They could have just made BC3 and everyone would be more than happy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Also, Hardline is a better BF than BFV

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I really like the fortification building in V. I was worried that it would be really wide and open but it being fairly restricted works out well. Doubly so on maps with alleys where barbed wire and sandbags pile up.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

FastestGunAlive posted:

Little bird was extremely fun for friend havers when you did the whole full squad w repair tools thing. Fun to down fighter planes with it or strafe scrub snipers who worked hard to get up on the most pointless of high perches.

And if bf v is not doing it for you the answer is quite clear. Not apex. But titanfall 2.

Titanfall 2 would be awesome if there weren't any titans. Apex is pretty fun though! Better than firestorm for sure.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Beastie posted:

I really like the fortification building in V. I was worried that it would be really wide and open but it being fairly restricted works out well. Doubly so on maps with alleys where barbed wire and sandbags pile up.

I think I just have a lot of sour luck with fortifications, although it was really convenient while our latest newborn was still nursing. I could just give her a bottle of formula and build some walls while still getting my BF fix. lol I'm probly a bad parent

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

BF4 is still fun, but everything is OP and some levels are just a big clusterfuck of nonstop explosions. Looks a little dated but not awful.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hardline was great fun. The Cum Police will never die.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Driving the personnel carrier with the driver perk and running cops over nonstop, music blaring. Chaos

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Hot Diggity! posted:

Hardline was great fun. The Cum Police will never die.

Does it have enough of a playerbase to play? I literally didn't put ten hours into that game because my life was busy at the time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

FastestGunAlive posted:

And if bf v is not doing it for you the answer is quite clear. Not apex. But titanfall 2.

Well yeah Titanfall 2 is god tier and Apex Legends loving sucks so...

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Kinda digging the mercury map so far.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Does it have enough of a playerbase to play? I literally didn't put ten hours into that game because my life was busy at the time.

That game was poo poo. The maps made call of duty
maps looks huge.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Chuds are mad about the French woman premium character... I’m kind of tempted to buy it now

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I think her half jacket looks dumb

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Fleetwood posted:

Driving the personnel carrier with the driver perk and running cops over nonstop, music blaring. Chaos

I agree. On its face you would think blasting Death Grips from your muscle car while shooting RPGs at cop cars would be fun. But dice found a way to make it awful.

I say it all the time but it’s my favorite example of dice being dice. 6 months after hardline came out, there were more BF4 players on PS3 servers than all the BFH servers for consoles & PC combined. Just squandering a loyal fan base.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Beating people to death with a riot shield with cum police on it or made to look like an atm was fun as hell

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Looks like another new map at the end of the month and then a couple next month. Cool!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

There were some overall positives to Hardline. It was the smoothest launch of any BF and they're were no gamebreaking bugs. High customization. Excellent, beefy gunplay. The multiplayer trashtalk voiceovers were hilarious. Blood Money is one of the best BF game modes ever. Maybe the easiest BF for rooting out snipers because they didn't have anywhere to hide that made them effective. Fantastic patches, lots of melee weapons. Maps like the graveyard and the natural history museum were cool. Some nifty gadgets and perks. Closest recent BF to BC2 since it didn't take itself too seriously.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Operation Underground, a Metro remake coming out in October. Ugh.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV6Sa5yWKkI

also a sneak peek at the pacific theatre

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Hardline, in particular the hotwire mode were really good imho. Looking back it had a fair amount of cool weapons, gadgets and levels. Being in a modern setting & too similar to 4 wouldn’t of been a problem had it launched during 1’s lifetime or even now alongside V

The HCAR, .400 Judge Revolver, and paratrooper Aug variant were rad

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

I would be happy if the Pacific Theater was just BF1943 in the BFV engine.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Beastie posted:

Last time I checked out 4 (before V's release) it was nothing but the most obnoxious poopsockers. Maxed out little birds with two repair torches and a pilot that has 400 hours flying and 20 as infantry.

There are plenty of poopsockers around but also a steady stream of noobs. It’s actually hilariously obvious that a lot of them played BFV as their first Battlefield because they prone a lot which isn’t really a successful strategy in BF4.

I actually like having a bunch of poopsocker pilots still around, makes it that much more satisfying to own them with a TOW/RPG/SMAW. :twisted:

Speaking of which here’s another good clip from a couple days ago. https://streamable.com/59vhd

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Mmm M1 garand, yes please.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Hell Yeah Operation Locker Never Die. I hope they have a Tarawa map, that would loving own.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

I was thinking last night while playing how the game was getting kinda stale for me and then I remembered that e3 was coming up and I wake up to this.

Well heck yeah

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Heard a bunch of new maps were coming soon but a couple are 5v5 only lol. Dice stop trying to make fetch a thing

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

oh boy the return of operation grenade spam down two corridors and die repeatedly at B flag over and over again

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*sets up a series of machinegun nests at a central location of the map; wins handily*

The map will be borderline unplayable unless they take grenades and smoke grenades out of the equation.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Metro ww2 will only be good if, like the original, you can push a team of trash snipers back into their uncap and lock them in all round.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Hardline, in particular the hotwire mode were really good imho. Looking back it had a fair amount of cool weapons, gadgets and levels. Being in a modern setting & too similar to 4 wouldn’t of been a problem had it launched during 1’s lifetime or even now alongside V

The HCAR, .400 Judge Revolver, and paratrooper Aug variant were rad

There was a loving Judge? Did it realistic enough to shoot useless confetti and break on the third shot?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Gonz posted:

*sets up a series of machinegun nests at a central location of the map; wins handily*

The map will be borderline unplayable unless they take grenades and smoke grenades out of the equation.

It's going to be wall to wall MG 42s and PIATs.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

sunday at work posted:

It's going to be wall to wall MG 42s and PIATs.

gently caress that noise

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Maybe they'll update the map slightly and relieve some of the nastier chokepoints.

ahahahahaha who am I kidding :dice:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Beastie posted:

Maybe they'll update the map slightly and relieve some of the nastier chokepoints.

ahahahahaha who am I kidding :dice:

lol yeah right

Forget Metro and just remake the entire Close Quarters DLC from BF3

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Come play some shootymans w/ me!

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

You could rework Metro into a good close quarters map, but then it wouldn't be Metro. B isn't a problem for fans of Metro, it's what they want.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Hell, they may as well just bring the BF3 USAS w/ frag rounds to really round it out.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Just discovered the assault class’s grenade bundle/“Geballte Ladung” can damage infantry. Not the explosion, bonking someone in the head with the initial throw actually does a chunk of damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I got multiple one hit kills w that thing that did not count toward an assignment I was doing because the grenade never exploded