Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What are the estimations for the Foch 155 in silver?
At a guess, after seeing the 183 go for 23m, I'd say at least 20m.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What are the estimations for the Foch 155 in silver? The T34B was something like 8m credits, iirc, and the FV215 183 was something upwards of 25m, right?
I'd put it close to the 25m silver. The foch 155 is a t10 3 shot autoloading 155mm td. So it should be in the same ballpark.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Hellsau posted:

and also you can compare that to PANSY's -

https://www.noobmeter.com/compareclans/na/-RUN-/pansy

drat that's a cool useless feature

Oh my God I knew by mousing over the lowest red dot you could find me on there. lol

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

My first thought was "sick paintjob"

:lol:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
chrome that poo poo out

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

Oh my God I knew by mousing over the lowest red dot you could find me on there. lol

Look at the dude with ~108k battles and ~49% winrate. Can you imagine just being a placeholder for that long? He's been an archetypical coin flip for...about 36 battles per day, every day, for the past 8+ years. Think about that. :stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Bit of a Bromwell game. Not one, but TWO ram kills. The M44 was on it's last couple of HP, but the 178B took a comical 437hp full-speed head-on hit that made me giggle with glee.

*edit:

Also, I'm surprised I haven't played the 130PM more. It's now my best TD after the SU-85B and Jagdpanther. Bonus pic of how little I was able to carry in the SU-100M1 despite performing reasonably well.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 10:19 on May 30, 2019

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I just realized that the Pz5/4 is like the German equivalent of the KV-220: weak turret, strong higher-tier hull. Except the Pz5/4 has a better gun and is faster.

Also, via the commutative property (or whatever), "Pz5/4 + Pz4 Schmalturm = Pz 5 (Panther) + Pz4!" :eng101:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Speaking of the PANZER 5+4=9, Circon just had a Radley Walters game in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2HBvBijK2c

Ram-kill for the final one, glorious performance.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Test server just went to revision 3.

Changes from version 2 is specific to frontlines:

quote:

Changes to Frontline mode:

Changed the number Combat Reserves slots available for each vehicle type — the new amounts are as follows:
Light tanks: 1 slot (instead of 3)
Medium tanks: 2 slots (instead of 1)
Heavy tanks: 3 slots (instead of 1)
Tank Destroyers: No changes (2 slots)
SPGs: 1 slot (instead of 3)

Decreased respawn cooldown from 30 to 10 seconds.
Increased the repair cooldown of destroyed vehicles from 5 to 7 minutes; reinforcement cooldown remains unchanged.
The objectives (pillboxes with the large-caliber guns) now spot enemy vehicles of the attacking team according to the standard rules of spotting. The view range of the pillboxes is 445 meters.

Guess we were having too much fun and the standard battle devs designed to smite the frontlines people in jealousy. Rip that game mode. What are the running odds frontlines will open with the bug of the artillery objectives being neutral and spotting everyone to everyone.

Also, as I went to get the full details, I see twitch prime care package echo has been released along with details of what is in it. It is the american king tiger. So it is a free grab. Go get it while it is hot.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/twitch-package-echo/

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
those frontlines changes seem good to me v:shobon:v arty was way overpowered with three reserves

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Gone Fashing posted:

those frontlines changes seem good to me v:shobon:v arty was way overpowered with three reserves

Light tanks need 3 reserves honestly. Because engineering is going to be the only reserve you are going to put in them now.

Also, heads up to people. I hadn't looked fully at the stuff. Just saw american kt and pressed post. But the 13 57 is on rental along with a discount to purchase it. t7 is going to be a mess with those things running around. They are also giving away an american commander with 6th sense, jack of all trades, and repairs. Sixth sense is a 0 skill.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I don't understand why they don't give everything except arty 3 reserve slots.

Arty can gently caress right off in Frontlines. They don't need 3 kinds of bombardment damage.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

JuffoWup posted:

Light tanks need 3 reserves honestly. Because engineering is going to be the only reserve you are going to put in them now.

Also, heads up to people. I hadn't looked fully at the stuff. Just saw american kt and pressed post. But the 13 57 is on rental along with a discount to purchase it. t7 is going to be a mess with those things running around. They are also giving away an american commander with 6th sense, jack of all trades, and repairs. Sixth sense is a 0 skill.

yeah it doesnt really make sense limiting light tanks to 1

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
laffo. How did they think this was a good idea at t7?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/152436359548633088/583738338457157671/shot_035.jpg

The KT is configured to match the captured tiger. Meanwhile, the tier 7 tigers are configured in top condition. To make things fair, all 4 are using rammer, gld, and optics. Obviously, the real kt would be using a vert stab instead. Note this is the only t7 american tank that can't use a vert stab. One of their normal flavors is getting gld a tier earlier. Brits are the others iirc.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

why does it only have 1300 hp?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I won't be home till late tonight, American Tiger any good?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Mesadoram posted:

I won't be home till late tonight, American Tiger any good?

It's real solid and prints credits. Just carried a tier 9 match with it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Captain Blaargh posted:

It's real solid and prints credits. Just carried a tier 9 match with it.

That is rad

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
p big fan of all the free poo poo they've been giving out

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Another note about the King Tiger (C) make sure you check the box to display rentals or you won't see it in your carousel.

Was stuck navigating to it through the compare tool till I found that out.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Test server just went to revision 3.

Changes from version 2 is specific to frontlines:

Guess we were having too much fun and the standard battle devs designed to smite the frontlines people in jealousy. Rip that game mode. What are the running odds frontlines will open with the bug of the artillery objectives being neutral and spotting everyone to everyone.

Those changes are clearly aimed at changing the FL meta. It's been all about LTs and fast MTs, with HTs in particular being relegated to defense at best. The large size of the map is partially the cause of this, although not being able to see whether you're starting on offense or defense is another factor. If you could see your starting position and then pick a tank, or vice-versa, then there would be more strategic use of slower tanks. As it stands, nerfing LT reserves and increasing the tank cooldown time while buffing the reserves of HTs is WG's ham-handed attempt at changing the vehicle mix; it does nothing to address the causes I outlined above, however.

I 100% agree with the turrets now spotting enemies; it was all too common for little shitters to break through one column and get behind the objectives in the other lanes that were being competently defended.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Why aren't they incentivizing a quick offensive or defensive Frontline win? Dang it.

I gotta keep spamming "LET THEM TAKE THE OBJECTIVES SO WE CAN FARM THEM!!!" "NOO YOU IDIOTS.. YOU DON'T BENEFIT FROM ENDING THIS SO QUICKLY!!"

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Those changes are clearly aimed at changing the FL meta. It's been all about LTs and fast MTs, with HTs in particular being relegated to defense at best. The large size of the map is partially the cause of this, although not being able to see whether you're starting on offense or defense is another factor. If you could see your starting position and then pick a tank, or vice-versa, then there would be more strategic use of slower tanks. As it stands, nerfing LT reserves and increasing the tank cooldown time while buffing the reserves of HTs is WG's ham-handed attempt at changing the vehicle mix; it does nothing to address the causes I outlined above, however.

I 100% agree with the turrets now spotting enemies; it was all too common for little shitters to break through one column and get behind the objectives in the other lanes that were being competently defended.

It wasn't even the speed that killed HT to me. The maps are very unfriendly to heavy tanks. Between the artillery/bomber call-ins, arty itself (who we might add have enough range to assist the adjacent column without costing population to that column), and the openness of the cap points made it pointless to use anything but mediums and lights. Even on defense, there isn't a single spot where you can turtle in to help defend a cap point. You are objectively better defending the cap by actively rushing and shooting the cappers in a light or medium than trying to hp whittle them in a heavy. You are also awarded better for it with rank xp.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
also... woooo tank rewards is back. Not exactly the same though, but it's something.

https://tankrewards.com

moolchaba fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 31, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Wait so the tiger is only a rental?

drat :smith:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

OH HON HON HON

I AM BAD WITH CREDITS

Mesadoram posted:

You keep it as long as you have twitch prime.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Captain Blaargh posted:

That seems kinda lovely. Not like I am getting rid of my Prime anytime soon but still.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah. I'm sure it will get offered on it's own eventually. I'd imagine after they're done with the twitch drops if not sooner. A premium king tiger is guaranteed to sell a poo poo ton in the shop.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Captain Blaargh posted:

OH HON HON HON

I AM BAD WITH CREDITS

drat I was watching jerm play it last night and honestly it seems pretty bad. not as fun as the 183 anyway
5 second intra-clip is just crazy

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
http://wotreplays.eu/site/4906805#minsk-juffowup-bat_-ch_tillon_155_58

So.. only 2k damage. But I love this tank for stunts like this. You'll see the enemy arty try to counter battery me. Which doesn't work since I'm scooting behind cover during the reloads. And then at the end, I catch an enemy bat 25 t in the middle of reload unaware I'm there judging from the lack of turret response and then just eats one point blank.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
boo this man

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Gone Fashing posted:

boo this man

agreed, not only an arti player but a french arti apologist too

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I just unlocked the Sheridan. Should I sell the T49 to get it?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

moolchaba posted:

Why aren't they incentivizing a quick offensive or defensive Frontline win? Dang it.

I gotta keep spamming "LET THEM TAKE THE OBJECTIVES SO WE CAN FARM THEM!!!" "NOO YOU IDIOTS.. YOU DON'T BENEFIT FROM ENDING THIS SO QUICKLY!!"

I wouldn't say the LT nerfs are intended to slow down the pace of play, rather they're to change the emphasis on and near-requirement of fast tanks. The parts where you pretty much have to start the battle with a quick tank because you don't know where you're going to spawn, and can only play slow tanks successfully in certain circumstances are the problem. They're not actually being remedied by these changes, as I said, but they're at least trying to force more tank diversity in FL.

JuffoWup posted:

It wasn't even the speed that killed HT to me. The maps are very unfriendly to heavy tanks. Between the artillery/bomber call-ins, arty itself (who we might add have enough range to assist the adjacent column without costing population to that column), and the openness of the cap points made it pointless to use anything but mediums and lights. Even on defense, there isn't a single spot where you can turtle in to help defend a cap point. You are objectively better defending the cap by actively rushing and shooting the cappers in a light or medium than trying to hp whittle them in a heavy. You are also awarded better for it with rank xp.

Definitely. For as large as the map is, a lot of the areas are kinda the same. The bottom left & center are so similar I get disoriented every time I start there. If there was a city area, and a forested area, and a plains, and a canyon, and a beach, etc., then you could actually have some varied gameplay - except again, you can't determine where you start so can't pick the best tank for your spawn (and now you get to wait longer for the destroyed tanks to cool down!) And I'm referring to these areas running north-to-south, because I know there's a beach across the south, kinda, and a city area in the north, but that's not the same as being able to fight up a column of a specific type of terrain.

And WG really missed the mark regarding arty, both the reserves and the playable class. It's bad enough they didn't just ban SPGs entirely from being playable entirely - it's a new game mode after all, it's not like it would be as drastic as removing it from random battles - but by adding the arty/airstrike powerups they've managed to make the problem even worse, because now every tank class can be arty! :suicide:

Mesadoram posted:

"Subscription." :eng101:

Mesadoram posted:

I just unlocked the Sheridan. Should I sell the T49 to get it?

They're basically the same thing; if you're going to be playing the Sheridan from now on, you're getting the same gameplay style, so only keep the T49 if you don't have another T9 LT that you'd like to play.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Yeah yeah regular gameplay nets me this easily but I really would like to try out french TDs and I am enjoying this event a lot. Easy to reach goals and if you so happen to have the historical tanks then hats off to you get an advantage somewhat. Those pesky premium tanks come rolling around the corner to remind you that those historical tanks mean nothing when it comes to money.

D-Day was overrun by fools with credit cards.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

New Frontlines Combat Reserve recommendations if the changes go through:

Light tanks: Engineering
Medium tanks: Engineering, Smoke
Heavy tanks: Engineering, Smoke, Artillery
Tank Destroyers: Artillery, Air Support
SPGs: Artillery

Thoughts:
Light tanks probably won't be worth playing as much because they need both engineering and smoke to be really useful. Three slots was too many though.
Medium and heavy tanks just became much more useful.
TDs: :same:
SPGs got a much needed nerf. Good loving riddance.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I'll be running engineering in the arty, it's a shame not having bombing run and the scout plane anymore tough. On offense the scout plane allowed you to reliably spot and kill the defending arty, which is kinda big for faster caps.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The King Tiger is pretty insane at tier 7 and 8.
I just held the southwest on Fjords against five tanks. Turret wiggling saved me from the SU-100M1 that I facehugged, a casual ram before that dispatched the T-34-85M, the rest I could just dpm down as they bounced a whole lot. KV-3 got a lucky shot on me and ended it.
So not a lot of damage done, but pretty much the most influential play in our match. Lower tier tanks don't really have any options against this thing when you angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Katamari decided to curse the server and sent me an IS-3A. I'm enjoying taking a few thousand point dump on the enemy even when your team folds like a ten dollar card table. (Something I'm also doing with that Foch.)

And my god they are outright lying about the IS-3A dispersion. That thing a snapshot machine and needs to be nerfed.

On that note I sure am looking forward to taking it out in frontlines with engineering, inspiration, and whatever else. That thing with inspire going should be extra stupid.