Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

William Bear posted:

I got a Shadow Dye from a Treasure Trail today and sold it for 700M! (the most money I ever had before at one time was 9M, so I splurged on stuff and still have more money than I know what to do with. :toot:

Then, while still in the Grand Exchange, I overheard another player explaining to friends that he wasn't in the mood to play much tonight because he just got back from his 3-month-old son's funeral. :stare:

Everything in this post makes me want to play this stupid game again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Shot in the dark, but if anyone has golem pieces for the elite mining set they can trade, I'd love to get at least 1 complete set. Here's what I've got:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
GOON FRIENDS! LET ME MAKE YOU WEAPONS AND ARMOR!

I got 83 smithing over DXP weekend! If you need gear up to tier 80, message me on Discord with what you need! I will need the materials, either in ore or bar form. If you're low level/f2p I don't need any materials.

Message me at Agoat#1337 if you need anything made. If stone spirits aren't valuable I'll happily take them off your hands as well. (I genuinely have no idea if people keep them or not.)

Agoat fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 21, 2019

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Love to slam my dick into the door that is ~10 hours of barrows and come out with a whole shiny 1 million gp

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
RS3 or OSRS?

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
OSRS. I think I'm paying for getting a Karil's Leathertop and whatever that other 1.5m widget was called in the first 40 runs I did.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

So I'm struggling to find this information anywhere: I keep seeing people with a stand/walk animation where the left arm is folded behind your back, and the right hand is resting on your hip. It doesn't seem to be listed anywhere, is it an old override that's been removed?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Malpais Legate posted:

So I'm struggling to find this information anywhere: I keep seeing people with a stand/walk animation where the left arm is folded behind your back, and the right hand is resting on your hip. It doesn't seem to be listed anywhere, is it an old override that's been removed?

The swagger stick animation maybe?

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

That's it!

Also wow that blows.

wafflethief
Jun 2, 2013
wait, runescape is still a thing?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

wafflethief posted:

It's among the most popular MMOs in the world, friend.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Someone really awesome and cool even made a thread about it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680104

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

wafflethief posted:

There's a version they dragged kicking and screaming into becoming kind of a good game and a version almost identical to what you remember playing in the middle school computer lab

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Eox posted:

There's a version they dragged kicking and screaming into becoming kind of a good game and a version almost identical to what you remember playing in the middle school computer lab

the middle school computer lab version is where it's at

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Does old school Runescape let me play dress up in glorious not-really-high-def?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Malpais Legate posted:

Does old school Runescape let me play dress up in glorious not-really-high-def?

Choose your fighter:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
One thing is for certain. No matter what game you go with, fashionscape is eternal.

wafflethief
Jun 2, 2013

Landsknecht posted:

the middle school computer lab version is where it's at

oh dear oh dear. i don't think i could face that nonsense again.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

RS3 has the stronger fashion game which is the only thing that matters at the end of the day

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Yeah I'll stick with Fashionscape 3. I wish to be beautiful, not 2006.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
drat, just found out about swarm fishing. I don't think I'll ever leave this stupid deep fishing hub

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

RS3 is finally, after almost 2 years, starting a new major story season and there's a related weekend skilling event coming up

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/month-ahead-may?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Goons are also starting to do higher level group content, and the better we get at that the easier it'll be to carry more goons

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Eox posted:

Goons are also starting to do higher level group content, and the better we get at that the easier it'll be to carry more goons

Decided to make a bit of a checklist since this seems to be a serious consideration in the discord, and here's the rundown on some of the group content (mostly bosses) in the game.

Low to mid level group content

Dungeoneering: Anyone can do. We've carried a few people to high dungeoneering levels to help them unlock Prifddinas, since no one should ever have to suffer through solo dungeoneering.
Low level bosses: Way too many to list. If it was released before Kalphite King, chances are it counts as this.
GWD2 bosses: Need at least 80 in the respective stats to even access. These can be solo'd fairly easily, but if you really need help, a hand can be lended here.
Elite dungeons: Can be soloed but is significantly harder that way. Up to 3 people can tackle these. Probably should ideally have at least t80 weapons and t70 armour for that. (t90 weapons and t80 armour if you're soloing.)
Nex: Though she can be soloed with the right setup. Not really recommended to do that without having some group experience first, though.
Kalphite King: Can be soloed or done with a group. Probably should do it with a group for your first few kills.

High level group content:

Barrows: Rise of the Six: Needs 4 people. Also preferably should have a way to reach the ROTS arena fast to make things more convenient, such as a Draken's Medallion. t80 weapons or better would be ideal.
Vorago: Everyone needs to be able to survive a 50,000 damage hit / number of people fighting him to start the fight. (Damage is capped at 12,500 per player.) This is the point where you should probably have maxed stats or close to max to contribute.

Super duper endgame:

Raids: Up to 10 people can join in. T90 weapons and t80 armour would be ideal, though t80 weapons can be workable with enough coordination as long as enough people have actual endgame gear.
Hard mode Vorago: Everyone needs to be able to survive a 70,000 damage hit / number of people fighting him to start the fight. (Damage is capped at 14,000 per player.)
Nex: Angel of Death: Up to 50 people, though 7 is cited as the ideal team size. You really want max stats and endgame equipment for this when doing it in smaller team sizes.
Solak: Has to be duoed or 7 manned. There's no scaling for it. Also nobody likes doing this boss due to the ridiculous amount of time gates in it, and just how inflexible it is compared to rest of Runescape's bosses. Also the rewards suck. (Hell, RS3's Raid is significantly more straightforward and allows for a lot more flexibility. Especially compared to other MMO raids.) Though if you need the Reaper title, something could probably be arranged.

Think that about covers it.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 9, 2019

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

RS3 news: They're nerfing Hunter in July. :what:

So uh, better get that skill as high as you can, because they're quartering the XP rates for the best methods.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I've been doing a bunch of Barrows runs lately because uhhh... I can? I guess. If you see rsn: nah bae on at all just ask if I'm up for some and I'll happily go. Willing to mule all your supplies and poo poo too if you're a low/mid level who's not sure about it

e- I also have a bunch of random prawn crackers & poo poo that I'm stockpiling and will continue to stockpile for a couple weeks. If anyone needs to pull some for prawn points/prawn balls or anything like that let me know

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

Been hooked on osrs since finally giving in and admitting rs3 is not enjoyable any more.

The goon clan chat is totally dead, can anyone recommend me a clan to hang out in that is just chill good time without edgy humour and anime faces?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Naan Bread posted:

just chill good time

:hmmyes:

Naan Bread posted:

without anime faces?

:livintrope:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Naan Bread posted:

Been hooked on osrs since finally giving in and admitting rs3 is not enjoyable any more.

The goon clan chat is totally dead, can anyone recommend me a clan to hang out in that is just chill good time without edgy humour and anime faces?

:siren::siren::siren: Join the Discord Channel Here! :siren::siren::siren:

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
just randomly found the Swampletics series after having not played since middle school... drat this games still cool.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I mean is there goon presence in OSRS? I've been seriously contemplating getting on that poo poo, haven't played it since like 2004

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Mr. Pickles posted:

I mean is there goon presence in OSRS? I've been seriously contemplating getting on that poo poo, haven't played it since like 2004

There's plenty, check the discord iirc

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Make sure you at least check RS3 out though, it's a lot of poo poo at once but 15 years of fixes and new stuff will be neat to see.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Thanks to Twitch giving out a free month I dove back into OSRS a few weeks ago. It's been nice to just sort of let my nostalgia take the wheel a bit. Some stranger even gifted me a mil while I was training on rock crabs so I could afford the bare minimum in gear.

Some day I may switch over to RS3 when my nostalgia stops keeping me going through the clunk. I stopped playing almost immediately after the EoC update so I have no real attachment to it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Dinosaurs are out in RS3. Let the most dangerous game begin. :getin:

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
Boy howdy I sure do miss hanging out with my Goonscape friends. If only there was some hip, stylish way of staying relevant when we play the worlds most poo poo on MMO.........back in my day we used the thread.

Hawt Jon in-game still, may or may not be infected with a serious (fake) medical condition induced by the community of Oldschool Runescape.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

So sometimes I just want to grind out skills in a fantasy landscape while rolling my eyes at dubious chat. This is how I remember Runescape when i was a kid. Does RS3 keep this model of play?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

100 degrees Calcium posted:

So sometimes I just want to grind out skills in a fantasy landscape while rolling my eyes at dubious chat. This is how I remember Runescape when i was a kid. Does RS3 keep this model of play?

Yes absolutely. More so even, as many skills are nicer to keep at, without needing to run off to a bank or something, then they used to be.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rs3 if you want to afk everything 07scape if you want to click everything or are stuck in a phone ghetto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I've been on the phone beta for rs3 for a while now and it's pretty great.

Also I guess I forgot to mention here but I achieved Max Cape a few days ago after a 18 years on that account lol.