Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
not every mystery should be explained you dorks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Ah, so it's a mystery mystery.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Just your standard giant sea ghost.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ryaomon posted:

not every mystery should be explained you dorks

This. It's fun having weird poo poo out in the world.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i hope our heroes never face the terrible shadowy giants that will surely bring an end to their epic journey

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

There's plenty of stuff that's weird and whimsical without being a mystery to solve, but having something important enough to get focused on for a few panels at the end of an arc is probably going to get answered at some point, sorry

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the shadowy figures are probably just a visual metaphor for the looming unknown danger out there and arent literal glowy red eyed sea giants

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah I could buy that too

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

it’s not a complete mystery, we know that whatever it is is making ships disappear in that mist.

i could see the florian triangle having more significance to the story, but i could also see oda leaving it at that. personally i hope it and those big guys come back because they rule

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It was just to show that the triangle’s reputation was from more than just Thriller Bark.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

lola thinks she sees something in the mist and it pulls out to reveal something in the mist

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
If you think that the huge rad shadows in the mist were just metaphors in a world like One Piece, I don't think you've been paying enough attention to One Piece. They are definitely huge terrifying(or comical for the twist if they were ever revealed)sea monsters that eat/destroy ships.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I mean, since then we've been introduced to San Juan Wolf, who outsizes even Oars by a ridiculous degree.

Kinda funny that it's a minor point that Oars and his descendants have trouble finding clothes to protect them from the elements because of their size, Warhammer Fantasy giants have the same problem. (Among others)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The giant shadows could go either way with One Piece, it could be foreshadowing or it could have just been there to say "Hey, Luffy's the main character but he isn't the only pirate on the seas" as shown by dozens of other rookies that worked just as hard or harder to get to the Grand Line too. Stuff goes on with or without Luffy in OP, it just happens that Luffy is a reckless force of nature that stampedes through every obstacle rather than planning anything significant.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Luffy can plan to an extent, he just wisely looks at the big picture and lets the smart people figure out the details.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
drat, seeing Law in action on Punk Hazard is pretty cool. The Law/Smoker fight was pretty good, and the body swap stuff is decently funny.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Viridiant posted:

If you think that the huge rad shadows in the mist were just metaphors in a world like One Piece, I don't think you've been paying enough attention to One Piece. They are definitely huge terrifying(or comical for the twist if they were ever revealed)sea monsters that eat/destroy ships.

They're all Umibozu, they fit the description down to a fine science, we've been over this already

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

someone use the toki toki fruit on me, and send me to tomorrow’s chapter !!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the spoilers seem sick

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah big revelation in this week's chapter.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
chapr.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

chapter please

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol "big" revelation./... like not every week is also ""big" revelation!"!!

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
So you’re telling me it’s about Big Hat?

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I'll repost this in the meantime

https://youtu.be/QlXQIdGcjJo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/944/page/1

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

interesting....

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

next week can't come soon enough

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I've never been so happy to see Big Mom.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
:pray: I'm so happy this is back

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It is a stupid laugh

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Psycho Killer

Oda does it again

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I forgot about Big Mom. Is there supposed to be 5 acts to Wano or 3? Feels like it's moving fast for 5.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

poo poo's hitting the fan in so many ways.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Sub Harrison posted:

I forgot about Big Mom. Is there supposed to be 5 acts to Wano or 3? Feels like it's moving fast for 5.
Not confirmed but noh theatre is typically 5 acts, yeah. I would assume this is the climax of act 2 and then we'll have:

3. Immediately lead-up to the war, i.e. finding the last scabbards, organizing and weaponising the rebels, Strawhats on the run
4. WAR
5. Aftermath of the war

... I have no idea how Big Mom plays into all of this :D

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
That was a pretty good chapter

And actual character development for Kid and Killer

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Cat Machine posted:

Not confirmed but noh theatre is typically 5 acts, yeah. I would assume this is the climax of act 2 and then we'll have:

3. Immediately lead-up to the war, i.e. finding the last scabbards, organizing and weaponising the rebels, Strawhats on the run
4. WAR
5. Aftermath of the war

Big Mom is going to instigate the breakout when she trashes the prison during her hunger rampage

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Cat Machine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yYS0ZZdsnA

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
the big reveal is that hancock is gonna gently caress that monkey

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I had forgotten than Killer. Good twist.