Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Landsknecht posted:

globby what would happen if you focused on something other than eve

i'd be 6'3 and 240lbs of pure muscle making 7 figures

which i am, by the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
poor anti-gankers and friends of this orca i bumped for 20 minutes, they must've lost 2 bil to the rats just to delay his inevitable death

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

on the performance end of things, i don't know if it's been this update or the last 2 months of patches ( as i haven't played since then ) but I have massive lag issues playing with the same setup i did months prior

(or that triangles are laggy)

They changed the market interface and I now get an extra half a second delay between checking orders. It's really annoying.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

poor anti-gankers and friends of this orca i bumped for 20 minutes, they must've lost 2 bil to the rats just to delay his inevitable death

On one hand, they're killing highsec people and are probably reffing structures in high sec right now, on the other hand they won't come to nullsec so we can farm them easier.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

SugarAddict posted:

On one hand, they're killing highsec people and are probably reffing structures in high sec right now, on the other hand they won't come to nullsec so we can farm them easier.

Imagine if sov dropped because NPCs started destroying structures, lol.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

SugarAddict posted:

reffing structures

they're too ADHD to ref anything

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
So basically hit jump gate when warping gate to gate and not in an expensive freighter and I'm good?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

Imagine if sov dropped because NPCs started destroying structures, lol.

This would be amazing.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Holyshoot posted:

So basically hit jump gate when warping gate to gate and not in an expensive freighter and I'm good?

Yeah, don't afk autopilot through active areas and you should be a-ok.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

DrDork posted:

Yeah, don't autopilot and you should be a-ok.

ftfy

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
The way I explain auto pilot to people in rookie chat is to tell them auto pilot is just an alternate form of self destruct that doesn't always work.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Micromancer posted:

The way I explain auto pilot to people in rookie chat is to tell them auto pilot is just an alternate form of self destruct that doesn't always work.

I sometimes just autopilot places cause I don't really care if I get there. Just to see if I can make it.

I do a lot more often than I thought I would.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
I've done it with new alt characters after they get set to the home station. Everythings setup on it and the skill queue is going so its a fun game of how far into delve can this brand new account make it in a corvette. One made it to delve proper before getting shot

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
So it seems ccp has declared war on the pubbies safe space. Most entertaining to see how many auto pilot ppl get ganked going through invasion space. Glorious war has come to eve on all sides now

Mantees
Oct 24, 2008
I can't play those days but I am very very curious: is the update good? Or something that in a few days most players will forget?

Last year update with Triglavian pockets was very good and gamechanging IMHO, I wonder if this year's update is also.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
If I didn’t see the launcher background changes, I wouldn’t know a content patch hit honestly.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Mantees posted:

Last year update with Triglavian pockets was very good and gamechanging IMHO, I wonder if this year's update is also.

It's certainly been game changing for a segment of high-sec autopiloting freighter pilots!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ya i killed so much poo poo but like i'm bored again, why bother when losing ships to npcs is consistently reimbursable

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

ya i killed so much poo poo but like i'm bored again, why bother when losing ships to npcs is consistently reimbursable

Wait, this is a thing now, even with a content update called "invasion"? :psyduck:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

rocket_Magnet posted:

Wait, this is a thing now, even with a content update called "invasion"? :psyduck:

yes, my gila that died to triglavs (on purpose) was reimbursed

i just said "wtf i died instantly since when do rats attack u in highsec"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ragedx posted:

So it seems ccp has declared war on the pubbies safe space. Most entertaining to see how many auto pilot ppl get ganked going through invasion space. Glorious war has come to eve on all sides now

Yeah I had my Jita alt flying over to dodixie for market stuff and the path went through like 3 systems that were invaded but I thought whatever it's just rats. I jumped into the first system and in the 11 seconds it took to align they took my bestower to half armor, lol. I didn't die, but I decided to go back to Jita.

I guess I'll use an interceptor next time I go shopping and just pay some pubbie to haul the stuff to Jita for me. :shrug:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

SugarAddict posted:

They hinted at the things spreading out over time, maybe it'll happen

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
I haven't played in like 5 years. I logged in today. Any reason to continue when I sober up?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

penis bandana posted:

I haven't played in like 5 years. I logged in today. Any reason to continue when I sober up?

The space ships are really pretty.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
True, but that's not going to be all that compelling tomorrow.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
im also thinking about reupping. I have no idea where I will spawn into. Do we own tons of poo poo still or will I be deep behind enemy lines? I have some jump clones all about so its not that big of a deal but yeah. Kinda want to get a month to see whats up.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jst0rm posted:

im also thinking about reupping. I have no idea where I will spawn into. Do we own tons of poo poo still or will I be deep behind enemy lines? I have some jump clones all about so its not that big of a deal but yeah. Kinda want to get a month to see whats up.

You will be in lowsec. All the stuff you had in goon stations that have since become hostile stations will also be in lowsec, but you'll have to pay 15% to get it out of hock.

The good news is you don't need to resubscribe to log in and look around. Instead of a 2 week trial people play for free with an Alpha Clone which is limited in many of the same ways the old trial accounts were. So you probably won't be able to fly a bunch of your ships, but you can log in and see if what's going on before you commit to paying a subscription.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
yeah i kinda want to take stock of my stuff and see what is up. Havent fully decided but nice to know i can get my poo poo easy.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
ooof. Looks like my main isnt on my account. Hope I didnt get hacked in the last 4 years. 2 step was on with my email so not exactly sure how that could happen.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jst0rm posted:

ooof. Looks like my main isnt on my account. Hope I didnt get hacked in the last 4 years. 2 step was on with my email so not exactly sure how that could happen.

File a support ticket. They bend over backwards for returning players.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jst0rm posted:

for a while, 2 factor was optional

and when I say that, i do not mean enabling 2 factor was optional, i mean providing the second factor was optional on an account that had it enabled

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
maybe I logged into the wrong account. Talking to them now. I think I made a 3rd account for checking on jita and thats what I was logged into. Its been 4 years.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
ok I got them all. Good to see my alt account character "External Factors" didnt get a name change.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
sorry for the thread dump. Looking over my assets I see some are in "unknown location" Is that a wormhole system?

just using the neocom app

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Jst0rm posted:

sorry for the thread dump. Looking over my assets I see some are in "unknown location" Is that a wormhole system?

The Neocom app that hasn't been updated since 2017, or the Neocom II app that was updated a few days ago and presumably knows how to deal with the (terrible) change from the old Eve API to the new ESI API?

Suspect it's that your app can't deal with the current API system and if you log in you'll see where your stuff is under personal assets.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
yeah Im using the new one. Thanks.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

evilweasel posted:

for a while, 2 factor was optional

and when I say that, i do not mean enabling 2 factor was optional, i mean providing the second factor was optional on an account that had it enabled

God bless :ccp:.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Jst0rm posted:

It likely means your stuff is in a citadel. Probably one of the ones they converted from the old outposts. Since you aren't on the Access Control List of the structure in question, the API can't determine what its name is, when it authenticates as you.

Harpsychord
Jan 13, 2008
Yikes. The last time I tried getting back into EVE I was still in a depressive funk, 2 years ago. I had no idea it was that long ago. Glad to see my characters are safe inside goonspace. Now to wait while my app to return goes through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Harpsychord posted:

Yikes. The last time I tried getting back into EVE I was still in a depressive funk, 2 years ago. I had no idea it was that long ago. Glad to see my characters are safe inside goonspace. Now to wait while my app to return goes through.

Your app is through, but the new system relies on CCP's ESi system. And after you join in game there can be quite a delay before the ESI system reports you as being in Goonwaffe. Until then, you won't have services access.

When the new system was launched, it seemed that two to four hours was a normal wait. More recently we've been hearing to 12 to 24 hours regularly.

Keep your ESI up to date everyone. And remember that if you reset your password it resets your ESI so you have to register your new ESI pronto.