Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DeepDickPizza posted:

I dropped Mallex. Didn’t feel too bad about it.

Okay. Now I feel a little bad about it. Still not too bad, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Same

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

The Pussy Boss posted:

Mallex Smith knew I was thinking about dropping his rear end, so he decided to steal some bases.

Same. Someone dropped Mercado and I had a claim to drop Mallex for him. Not anymore!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I decided to drop Verdugo when altuve comes back... I know that + hit tool guys can develop power at the big league level, but he hasn't yet

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Dietrich wow

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Wow after that first inning Giolito killed it

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
In depressing news, in the most vivid dream I have had in months, I dreamt that I picked up a young Japanese player off the waiver wire who was ranked 43rd for the season.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Carlos Correa broke a rib. Out at least a month.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Here's a fun game for everyone not in the Fire and Forget league (or for people in the league if they want to play without cheating I guess): Name these players that went undrafted

Hitters:

Pitchers:

Settings:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Here's a fun game for everyone not in the Fire and Forget league (or for people in the league if they want to play without cheating I guess): Name these players that went undrafted

Well Hunter Pence and Tommy LaStella are definitely there. Depending on how deep MI positions are I'm guessing Ketel Marte and maybe DeJong or Polanco. Hunter Dozier? Dietrich? Dwight Smith Jr? Don't think guys like Riley and Senzel have enough PAs to get ranked that high.

Pitching is probably a bunch of Mike Minor/Lance Lynn/Jake Odorizzi types. Probably Pressly and elite middle relievers for holds and ratios. Also the Rays that get wins like Beeks or Chirinos.

I'm sure I'm missing someone obvious.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The pitchers would have to be Glasnow, Paddack, Giolito, Fried, Greene, ...Stammen maybe?

Offense would be Dietrich, LaStella, Dozier, Phegley or McCann, Polanco, definitely Hunter Pence :lol:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

hey thanks for the reminder to check how that F&F team of mine is doi---

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Pete Alonso went undrafted IIRC

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

poo poo like this has been going on all goddamn year. What did I do to deserve all these injuries?

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 30, 2019

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bregor posted:

Well Hunter Pence and Tommy LaStella are definitely there. Depending on how deep MI positions are I'm guessing Ketel Marte and maybe DeJong or Polanco. Hunter Dozier? Dietrich? Dwight Smith Jr? Don't think guys like Riley and Senzel have enough PAs to get ranked that high.

Pitching is probably a bunch of Mike Minor/Lance Lynn/Jake Odorizzi types. Probably Pressly and elite middle relievers for holds and ratios. Also the Rays that get wins like Beeks or Chirinos.

I'm sure I'm missing someone obvious.

Rand alPaul posted:

The pitchers would have to be Glasnow, Paddack, Giolito, Fried, Greene, ...Stammen maybe?

Offense would be Dietrich, LaStella, Dozier, Phegley or McCann, Polanco, definitely Hunter Pence :lol:

You guys did pretty well on the hitters. Not as well on the pitchers.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Even though I was higher on Rizzo than most, I traded him for Scherzer. Scherzer has been good, but even I didn’t expect this out of Rizzo. His bat is sorely missed out of my line-up.

Right now I am trying to trade Stras for Soto. A deal that was originally Stras/Rizzo for Soto/Marquez in the offseason that was declined.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

IcePhoenix posted:

drat that rotation on the right is hilarious. Never draft pitching ever.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Late but I would've guessed Soroka because holy poo poo has he been waiver wire gold

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I'm throwing out this trade, trying to catch all the underperforming Indians. I'm hoping Jimmy Nelson gets called up soon & would be an acceptable Wheeler replacement. Oscar Mercado is also very tempting on the waivers if he can keep up a 300+ AVG.

Give:
Hoskins
Wheeler

Get:
Jose Ramirez

E: holy poo poo he accepted it within 5 minutes.

resident fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 30, 2019

Bregor
May 31, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

I guess if the draft was early enough Domingo German makes sense. Once he locked up a rotation spot I saw him going much higher in every draft.

That was fun though!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bregor posted:

I guess if the draft was early enough Domingo German makes sense. Once he locked up a rotation spot I saw him going much higher in every draft.

That was fun though!

I was talking about it with a friend that's in the league but not on here and we came to the conclusion that guys like German were probably undrafted because they could bomb out real fast and people might go for safer picks since you can't just drop a failed late pick like you normally would if they don't pan out. Same reason Alonso went undrafted, probably.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Same reason you would never draft Forest Whitley.

:negative:

resident posted:

I'm throwing out this trade, trying to catch all the underperforming Indians. I'm hoping Jimmy Nelson gets called up soon & would be an acceptable Wheeler replacement. Oscar Mercado is also very tempting on the waivers if he can keep up a 300+ AVG.

Give:
Hoskins
Wheeler

Get:
Jose Ramirez

As a JRam owner, I would also take this trade immediately.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

IcePhoenix posted:

I was talking about it with a friend that's in the league but not on here and we came to the conclusion that guys like German were probably undrafted because they could bomb out real fast and people might go for safer picks since you can't just drop a failed late pick like you normally would if they don't pan out. Same reason Alonso went undrafted, probably.

Yeah, I picked guys who I knew would play all year unless they got injured and took almost no "Well he may break camp with the team" fliers at all.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Ditto.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

My team is a sub-mediocre, non-playoff team at this point so all I can really do is cross my fingers that Machado, Lindor, and JoRam all figure it out second half and I eek into the playoffs to destroy the dreams of the 1 & 2 seeds.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

resident posted:

Give:
Hoskins
Wheeler

Get:
Jose Ramirez

brb, proposing trades for JRam in every league

I feel like his floor is so high since he has 14 steals and has barely been on base, and he could just click and go off at any given moment. His xwOBA is 52 points below his wOBA, his launch angle has increased, and his exit velo is literally the same as last year. I don't think he'll ever sniff 35+ home runs again but I'll take all the shares, please and thank you.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Guys I think I love Eduardo Escobar

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Woof same

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

the_american_dream posted:

Guys I think I love Eduardo Escobar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z_Vf7iqtKg

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Austin Meadows is a god

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Caballo

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Is it time to drop Musgrove for uhhh Lance Lynn?

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Is it worth dropping one of Ohtani, Darvish or Alex Reyes to pick up Adam Jones?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jones is a pretty low ceiling but safe guy to own, so it depends how much room you have to be patient with higher ceiling guys who are struggling.

Ohtani obviously has been pretty useless so far but personally I wouldn't drop him for Jones yet. He seems to be the kind of guy capable of always adjusting and figuring stuff out, so probably deserves some more time. I'd hold Reyes too because he has a track of sorts to the majors, so until and unless he derails I'd want to watch him along that track. Yu Darvish...? Hmmm. Him I might drop if I needed an average outfielder more than a question mark of a pitcher.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I just swapped Shane Greene for Starling Marte I'm not sure if it was a good trade but I'm finally off the Shane Greene wild ride

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Zach Eflin went on the IL which means every single SP on my roster has gone on the IL this season or had a start skipped. What the gently caress.

It's loving May

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Rockies optioned Kyle Freeland to AAA.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Alex Reyes is a must add if it's confirmed he's gonna start. Haven't seen anything but speculation about his role tho.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I feel like I’ve been burnt by Reyes 3 or more times. May just have to watch his breakout on other teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Twin Cinema posted:

Even though I was higher on Rizzo than most, I traded him for Scherzer. Scherzer has been good, but even I didn’t expect this out of Rizzo. His bat is sorely missed out of my line-up.

Right now I am trying to trade Stras for Soto. A deal that was originally Stras/Rizzo for Soto/Marquez in the offseason that was declined.

Rizzo always basically goes 0-April and he was still getting on base at like a .360 clip with a sub-.250 average. getting a good pitcher out of that is a good move in april but he is not a guy I would ever trade before Memorial Day