Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

PT6A posted:

If that's what an explorer costs now, people can officially and forever stop whining about the fact there exists a $50k Golf.

The Platinum starts at 58K, the ST starts at almost 55K. Options get both over 60K.

edit. 63K Explorer ST https://shop.ford.com/inventory/exp...bp&Dealer=04546

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

even the base model exploder is up to $37k us, and all that gets you is the same driveline as the $27k mustang.

It's just a mustang wagon :shrug:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The interior of infinitis are laughably behind the competition

I still love the big as gently caress qx80 and rent it whenever I can (it’s usually reserved :()

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

euphronius posted:

The interior of infinitis are laughably behind the competition

I still love the big as gently caress qx80 and rent it whenever I can (it’s usually reserved :()

Is that the beluga whale one

Edit
It is the beluga whale one goddamn is that thing ugly as gently caress, much less than it used to be but, like, goddamn.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Is that the beluga whale one

Edit
It is the beluga whale one goddamn is that thing ugly as gently caress, much less than it used to be but, like, goddamn.

Yeah the Infiniti Armada

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

euphronius posted:

Yeah the Infiniti Armada

I see these things all over the place. a few years ago there was massive amounts of cash on the hood in my area on them. 15+ thousand or more if I recall. Armadas too. I have a feeling a bunch of people traded in their negative equity SUV's and rolled into a new giant loan for those. Who the hell is paying 65 to 80K for these things?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Powershift posted:

even the base model exploder is up to $37k us, and all that gets you is the same driveline as the $27k mustang.

Did they scrap the base model trim? A lot of websites had it listed for $33k, but the website only has the $37k XLT as the base model.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Powershift posted:

You bring up a good point.

Explorer, slammed with the GT500 mill and a 10 speed when?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Charles posted:

Did they scrap the base model trim? A lot of websites had it listed for $33k, but the website only has the $37k XLT as the base model.

base models are fleet only now.

Q_res posted:

I think you mean a turboed 7.3 big block.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Q_res posted:

Probably pretty soon. The 10 speed is already there. I expect Hennessey or someone to build a crazy version upgrading the 3.0L TT. Not sure about swapping plants.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I would imagine the first tuner to get one is gonna try sticking a 5.0 in it.

The 7.3 should be physically much smaller.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

skipdogg posted:

I see these things all over the place. a few years ago there was massive amounts of cash on the hood in my area on them. 15+ thousand or more if I recall. Armadas too. I have a feeling a bunch of people traded in their negative equity SUV's and rolled into a new giant loan for those. Who the hell is paying 65 to 80K for these things?

They're all around where I live too. I'm guessing it's people that don't like Tahoes/Yukons/Escalades.

I had an Armada as a rental and it's actually not bad but the fuel mileage is laughably bad compared to a Tahoe. Like averaging 12 mpg bad. At least in a Tahoe you'll get 19.

TeamIce
Mar 16, 2004
LET JESUS FUCK YOU

The new CT4-V and CT5-V got announced today....and hoo boy, are they disappointing.

CT4-V : 2.7 Liter Inline 4 based off the Chevy Silverado engine, 320 HP/369 pounds of torque.
CT5-V : 3.0 Liter V6 TT, 355 horsepower, 400 pounds of torque.

Given that these are supposed to replace the ATS-V, that's just sad. GM continues to bury Cadillac.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Those are not V numbers. V sport maybe

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I guess Cadillac is still pretending they don't have access to one of the best v8 engine families on the market because they want to copy the german companies. Isn't the CT5 supposed to take the segment that the old CTS filled?

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

TheWevel posted:

They're all around where I live too. I'm guessing it's people that don't like Tahoes/Yukons/Escalades.

I had an Armada as a rental and it's actually not bad but the fuel mileage is laughably bad compared to a Tahoe. Like averaging 12 mpg bad. At least in a Tahoe you'll get 19.

The Armada is the value option in the large, BoF SUV market since the GMs have gotten $10K+ price hikes in the last decade.

If I'm reading the news right, the CT5-V is more like an M-Sport/AMG-Line package since the engine is the same as the upgraded engine in the normal CT5. And the proper V cars are still to come. Oh GM.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

skipdogg posted:

Those are not V numbers. V sport maybe

Yeah, I know that GM isn't doing Cadillac a ton of favors, but there's just no way in hell they take that kind of backwards step with the actual V cars.

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005
When are they putting that big stupid turbo 4 in the goddamn Colorado gently caress

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I don’t get it. The CT5-V is supposed to be their “AMG lite/M Performance/ S car” line but it’s the size of the Audi A7 and only puts out the power of the base model. The S7 puts out 450 HP and 453 lb-ft of torque. The RS7 is still to come it it’ll be putting out north of 500 HP. The BMW M550i just got a revised V8 that puts out 550 HP.

TeamIce
Mar 16, 2004
LET JESUS FUCK YOU

The one article I read said Caddy is "softening" the V Line to try and make it more accessible, but quite frankly, the CT-5V hardly would even compete with the likes of an M340i or an S5, let alone something like an M3. If it's a lot more price competitive, it could make sense, but the pictures I've seen of the interior have been underwhelming to say the least...and it also has a terrible amount of trunk space compared to the competition.

The CT4-V probably would hang with something like the CLA35 AMG or whatever it is, but that isn't exactly a high bar to clear.

It did hint that GM may release a more "hardcore" model in the style of the prior V series, within a year or two, but this just seems like a marketing nightmare that's only going to serve to dilute the brand in the meantime.

How do you go from a 640 hp supercharged v8 and a 450 horsepower twin turbo v6 to...those.

TeamIce fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 31, 2019

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Usually GM will make a car that's got a few redeeming features, then right as they're about to perfect it they'll axe it because :effort: This time it's like a deflating balloon that's about to get to the pbtpbtpbt phase. At least when Lincoln realized that they couldn't compete against the German luxo-sport cars they focused on their strengths and went their own direction as to what a luxury car should be like. Both those new Cadillacs look like interim designs while they wait for a real product to miracle its way down the assembly line.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
have they atleast stopped using parts bin interior pieces for 'luxury' cars

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I was at the dealer earlier

Since a couple of days ago, they can take orders for the Skyactiv X. The upgrade cost is <1000EUR, but that'll vary between countries.

Deliveries are expected for october/november

Kind of tempted, save me from myself :shepspends:

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Toying with the idea of an Alfa Romeo Giuila Ti

*opens Giuila owners internet forum*

*backs away slowly*

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

smooth jazz posted:

*backs away slowly*

get like, four warranties

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Lease one and buy a foldable scooter so you can get from the dealership service dept to the bus stop.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Is the NA Giulia still a maintenance disaster too?

TeamIce posted:

The one article I read said Caddy is "softening" the V Line to try and make it more accessible, but quite frankly, the CT-5V hardly would even compete with the likes of an M340i or an S5, let alone something like an M3. If it's a lot more price competitive, it could make sense, but the pictures I've seen of the interior have been underwhelming to say the least...and it also has a terrible amount of trunk space compared to the competition.

The CT4-V probably would hang with something like the CLA35 AMG or whatever it is, but that isn't exactly a high bar to clear.

It did hint that GM may release a more "hardcore" model in the style of the prior V series, within a year or two, but this just seems like a marketing nightmare that's only going to serve to dilute the brand in the meantime.

How do you go from a 640 hp supercharged v8 and a 450 horsepower twin turbo v6 to...those.

How much more diluted can Caddy get? I mean, I follow this stuff, and I'm still not who these cars are supposed to appeal to?

Also, man they're ugly.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

As I mentioned above I just rented a caddy and it was indeed parts bin.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Failson posted:

Is the NA Giulia still a maintenance disaster too?

What NA Giulia?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Edit

Bad post

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

skipdogg posted:

A press fleet one they sent me had a sticker of $91k.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

smooth jazz posted:

*backs away slowly*

Oh man that forum is gold.

-car won’t accept gas
- rust under trunk lid
- car won’t unlock certain places

Among other great threads

JFC

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Failson posted:

How much more diluted can Caddy get? I mean, I follow this stuff, and I'm still not who these cars are supposed to appeal to?

Boomers that grew up with Cadillacs as grail cars, but haven't been so turned off by a previous GM experience that they bought a Lexus ES instead.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

skipdogg posted:

-car won’t accept gas
- rust under trunk lid

JFC

- shoulda got an Accord

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Applebees Appetizer posted:

- shoulda got an Accord

You joke but I’m real tempted to get a new touring with the 2.0t motor for my wife as her next car. Apparently they’re pretty fun sleepers with just a tune.

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

More drunk than a barrel of monkeys

skipdogg posted:

-car won’t accept gas
- rust under trunk lid

JFC

The Julia/Stelvio was designed in-house over at Ferrari with a Magneti Marelli electrical system. You wonder why Marchionne was so eager to break out Ferrari and unload Magneti Marelli ASAP once Chrysler and Mopar were fully acquired.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Huge_Midget posted:

You joke but I’m real tempted to get a new touring with the 2.0t motor for my wife as her next car. Apparently they’re pretty fun sleepers with just a tune.

Not a joke, i would much rather have a dependable Accord and pocket the rest of the money.

The Alpha is like a crazy stripper, you would LOVE to but if you're smart you don't stick your dick in crazy.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Not a joke, i would much rather have a dependable Accord and pocket the rest of the money.

The Alpha is like a crazy stripper, you would LOVE to but if you're smart you don't stick your dick in crazy.

Now now, sex workers and erotic dancers perform valuable services to society and should not be used as derogatory examples :colbert:

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Why not a Camry XSE V6? Seems like the better long term buy than the Accord. But you do give up cooled seats.

The best car imo would be new Lexus IS upgraded to keep up with the BMW and Audi offerings with a twin turbo V6 option from the LS500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

The only way I'd own a Gulia qv is if I was wealthy and just really loved the car. It'd be a short term low mileage lease as well. No way it would be a primary or probably secondary car. Just something fun to drive for a couple years and then give it back to them. Wonder if they cover the lease payment for the months it'll be in the shop.