Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

mandatory lesbian posted:

I worked at a nursery home kitchen and the amount of old men who forget to wear pants is very worrying

If I were an old man living in a nursing home I probably wouldn’t wear pants either, and would just say I forgot. Why not be comfortable?

Unless you mean nothing at all below the waistline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Jesus Christ :nms: that poo poo. :gonk:

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Shabadu posted:

twitter found an old friend:

I'll take one, extra liquidy and my wife will have a Woodford Reserve Mint Julep.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I'll take one, extra liquidy and my wife will have a Woodford Reserve Mint Julep.

I'll have a dry martini

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Sapphire neat coming up!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
You ever notice how much of your veggies comes from Mexico? I certainly have.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I remember that video from before, but I love that she just serves up a fuckin’ pint glass of bourbon

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Don't forget to add the sprite.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Don't forget to add the sprite.

goddamnit

:getout:

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

Animal-Mother posted:

I work at a produce brokerage, they are NOT happy despite being huge Fox News/Trump fans.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Animal-Mother posted:

Yeah, sure looking forward to all the staple veggie prices going through the roof. :smith:

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Animal-Mother posted:

i quit reading the news bc it was getting to be too much day to day, now i can focus solely on how much bullshit i deal with at work

anyway lmao

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, sure looking forward to all the staple veggie prices going through the roof. :smith:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I'm Canadian so I expect our veggies to drop in price :smug:

But seriously gently caress your president. I really really hope your lower chambers pull their thumbs outta their asses and get him the gently caress out

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hauki posted:

I remember that video from before, but I love that she just serves up a fuckin’ pint glass of bourbon

That video is pure art, and I watch it anytime I need a laugh

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

I really really hope your lower chambers pull their thumbs outta their asses and get him the gently caress out

Lol

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

bunnyofdoom posted:

I really really hope your lower chambers pull their thumbs outta their asses and enforce labor laws in the restaurant industry

hope is for suckers and this is perhaps less likely than what you actually said

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'm Canadian so I expect our veggies to drop in price :smug:

But seriously gently caress your president. I really really hope your lower chambers pull their thumbs outta their asses and get him the gently caress out

The Senate is led by a lich whose entire goal in life right now is to back Dear Leader to the hilt to make the people he hates suffer.

Its deeply unlikely.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
After 6 months of telling me "no, we'll be able to give you a tour of the lodge and meet about a hard offer real soon!" I've still got nothing from the hunting lodge that said they wanted me for exec chef. So, when the dive bar I work at offered me a 16k/year raise plus paid vacation for what amounts to a more consistent schedule with slightly earlier mornings and a little more cleaning, inventory, and money handling responsibilities as assistant manager, I jumped all over that poo poo. :toot:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What counts as early morning for a dive bar?

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

What counts as early morning for a dive bar?

Just 8am to clean up the place and set up the till. It’s a stone simple gig that ends up outpaying basically everywhere else in town.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Holding someone off for 6 months like that is unconscionable. I know corporations will do at a high level when they have multiple candidates, multiple background checks, etc. I find even that ridiculous, but when you've got shareholder oversight to deal with, I at least understand it. To be chef at a hunting lodge though?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
gently caress em. Don't withdraw your interest, and when they finally offer it to you, turn them down so they have to scramble to find another person.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
I let the lodge know and gave them a chance to counter and they declined. A part of why it went down the way it did is that they reached out to me right away when their last chef put in notice at the end of last season, and the place became inaccessible due to snow and then mud for months after. The last two months haven’t had that excuse though. It’s a small family run place, and I was just getting “we’re busy with the dog breeding program, I’ll get a hold of you in two weeks.” And then never hearing back. They still want to meet about my availability to help out, but I don’t think I want to mess around with that.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
its probably for the best you didn't get a gig at the place where Dogs loving was the given excuse for not calling you back for two months, lmfao

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Hey FYI to you industry types trying to get jobs outside of the restaurant industry: do NOT spend any time in your interview complaining about past jobs and saying that you just quit a job that morning.

I've interviewed like 4 people like this in the last year and it's real fuckin tedious

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

epic bird guy posted:

Hey FYI to you industry types trying to get jobs outside of the restaurant industry: do NOT do it you are abandoning your fellow workers

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

epic bird guy posted:

Hey FYI to you industry types trying to get jobs outside of the restaurant industry: do NOT spend any time in your interview complaining about past jobs and saying that you just quit a job that morning.

I've interviewed like 4 people like this in the last year and it's real fuckin tedious

This is generally good advice regardless of industry

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
People love complainers. It shows that you have high standards.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Who the gently caress orders a bacon cheeseburger and claims they have a salt allergy

jesus, people

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Coasterphreak posted:

Who the gently caress orders a bacon cheeseburger and claims they have a salt allergy

jesus, people

prob the same ppl who come in asking for a dish prepared without oil of any kind and won't order a salad

still lmao at "salt allergy"

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

If you ignore something it goes away right?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

If you ignore something it goes away right?

I imagine you're on a bunch of ignore lists, and you're still posting, so guess not

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Coasterphreak posted:

jesus, people

"we here at _ take food allergies very seriously, so unfortunately due to liability concerns, I can only serve you an untoasted bun with lettuce and tomato"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hauki posted:

"we here at _ take food allergies very seriously, so unfortunately due to liability concerns, I can only serve you an untoasted bun with lettuce and tomato"

Bread almost always has salt in it

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Bread almost always has salt in it

I mean, I should hope so, but relative to everything else typically on a burger I hope it's of least concern for a "salt allergy"

otherwise gently caress, enjoy your piece of undressed lettuce I guess

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I run a southern restaurant, and people will have their server come ask me what they can eat with a pepper, garlic, butter and onion allergy. :psyduck:

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
What can they be served....? Like, a glass of lukewarm water. And maybe the limpest boiled chicken.

I don't know, at that point, why even go out to eat?

Naelyan
Jul 21, 2007

Fun Shoe

El Padrino posted:

What can they be served....? Like, a glass of lukewarm water. And maybe the limpest boiled chicken.

I don't know, at that point, why even go out to eat?

Go out to eat all you want, but make a phone call or send an email the day before so that I can double check all my poo poo for a stray clove of garlic in a recipe that's used in a recipe so I don't poison you, and also have a heads up so I have time to make accommodations.

Then again, if they were actually severely allergic to all that poo poo they'd know this and would either do it or be terrified of eating food at restaurants.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Someone with the search function find the posts in this thread when the waiter got loving manslaughter for serving fish to a woman allergic to fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Ryder
Apr 20, 2006

oh dang

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Oh we're doing the "restaurants can't afford to pay people" thing now? If your profit margins are so low that you can't afford to pay your staff, you don't deserve a loving restaurant. Your poor business choices and inability to research a market and control your costs and accounts are not the responsibility of your staff. gently caress you.

Edit: Poe's Law, my dude. Sorry!

oh my god I'm so sick of hearing about the budget for every little thing. if the restaurant can't afford loving mop solution then maybe the business is a failure. owners think they are entitled to a successful business just because they made an investment or worked hard. I'd be more sympathetic if they weren't the same group of people who evangelize about the value and wisdom of the infallible free market.