Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I'm saving up for TennoCon Baro anyway, so this don't bother me none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Paracesis crew what up but I have never done Eidolons :rip:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
lol this baro is so bad I might finally bother to buy Sands of Inaros

Ritznit posted:

I'm saving up for TennoCon Baro anyway, so this don't bother me none.

ooh good point I forgot that was around the corner.

e: also a pubbie wrote a 96 page guide to Mag, a frame whose complexity I would describe as "low to moderate"

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 31, 2019

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
sands of inaros spawns like 50 feral kavats so it's worth it

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

You just..put bubbles on dudes, use her 4 to generate shields, and use her 3 for some weak armour stripping and cc if you have the aug. Do that and you will be playing her right 90% of the time at a minimum.

What a joker.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol this baro is so bad I might finally bother to buy Sands of Inaros

ooh good point I forgot that was around the corner.

e: also a pubbie wrote a 96 page guide to Mag, a frame whose complexity I would describe as "low to moderate"

Mod for range and strength, press 2.

Press 4 if 2 doesn't kill them.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Laugh all you want but I’ve waited nearly two years for the Prisma Angstrum to return. And as expected I won’t be able to reach a machine to login to get it. Can someone in the goon clan snag it and I’ll spot you 100p on Monday?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

necrobobsledder posted:

Laugh all you want but I’ve waited nearly two years for the Prisma Angstrum to return. And as expected I won’t be able to reach a machine to login to get it. Can someone in the goon clan snag it and I’ll spot you 100p on Monday?

Sure, I'll grab you one.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Pretty sure the price is 40-50p now, market seems to have (obviously) crashed on it

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Pretty sure the price is 40-50p now

I'll match whatever the market is then.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Prisma Angstrum is one of the last Baro weapons I need so that works out pretty well for me.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The Prisma Angstrum was on Baro a couple of months ago

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
What is the weapon that hasn’t shown up in like 3 years? Prova vandal? Saw some moron trying to buy that for 30p the other day, just screaming into the void

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Raptor1033 posted:

What is the weapon that hasn’t shown up in like 3 years? Prova vandal? Saw some moron trying to buy that for 30p the other day, just screaming into the void

Prova Vandal showed up a few months back as well.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

njsykora posted:

Prova Vandal showed up a few months back as well.

Really? It's already back to 450-500 plat on warframe.market.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I saw the Prisma Angstrum but never the Prova Vandal, so I'm not sure it was back recently.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive been playing since like december and have never seen the prova vandal on baro

e: wiki says he last brought it in september

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
where do i farm up axi relics?

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
The Void on the branch that ends with Mot. Check out https://tenno.zone/

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Yep. Build Nezha for speed and head to Marduk.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

prisma veritux is one of the last archwing weapons I can get for mastery and I'm still going to feel like an idiot for buying it

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I'm getting sort of tired of just blindly fumbling around with my Valkyr and Soma since that's been "good enough" for going through most missions. Since I barely have any Primes and I've got enough plat, what's a fun set of stuff to use for high-level missions? I'd really like something that can throw out Warframe powers like nobody's business; I've spent 99% of my time with the game just shooting and slicing and I want to mess around with more complex, off-the-wall playstyles.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Codeacious posted:

I'm getting sort of tired of just blindly fumbling around with my Valkyr and Soma since that's been "good enough" for going through most missions. Since I barely have any Primes and I've got enough plat, what's a fun set of stuff to use for high-level missions? I'd really like something that can throw out Warframe powers like nobody's business; I've spent 99% of my time with the game just shooting and slicing and I want to mess around with more complex, off-the-wall playstyles.

The frames that do that (like saryn and volt) are fairly easy to acquire, but you will need the corrupted mods and a few primed mods to get to those levels of ability spamming. Some of them might require a fair amount of endo, though.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Codeacious posted:

Get you a Pabloframe.

Harrow, Nezha, Nidus, Saryn, and Wisp are all really good frames whose abilities are all relevant and useful (well, Wisp's 3 is a little debatable I guess), and even his relative duds (Garuda, the upcoming Wukong rework) tend to at least have good internal synergy and a lot of buttons to press

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Harrow is a fine solo frame but his abilities currently make him awkward to use in groups unless you’ve paired him with a warcrime weapon like the Lenz. His 4 is useful in almost every group out there though. Overall, Pablo’s hits are among the best balanced frames in the game and his duds are nowhere near bottom tier.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Everything Baro is selling on PC sucks except Primed Charged Shell maybe and Stalker Beacon if you need it

Don't sleep on the primed bane mods, they're insanely powerful due to the percentage going after the normal damage calculations, rather than inside it, and they also activate twice for slash, and thrice for gas.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Christ, the new index map sucks rear end, impossible to find anything to kill.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

nerdz posted:

The frames that do that (like saryn and volt) are fairly easy to acquire, but you will need the corrupted mods and a few primed mods to get to those levels of ability spamming. Some of them might require a fair amount of endo, though.

How much endo are we talking? I've got 13k banked, and I've never sold any of the mods I've acquired. I'm not looking to get the best meta build ever, but just something that's good enough to keep things fun will be more than enough.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

SIGSEGV posted:

Christ, the new index map sucks rear end, impossible to find anything to kill.

Was thinking the same thing. Can’t find the bastards.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

do you run radar mods on your index frames? i havent played index since the new map came out so i dont know how bad it is

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Awesome! posted:

do you run radar mods on your index frames? i havent played index since the new map came out so i dont know how bad it is

it's really loving bad, the sight lines are abysmal and also it's huge, like 2-3 times the size of the old, good index map and maybe half again as big as the old crappy one

radar used to be helpful but not mandatory, now i wouldn't play index without it

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Codeacious posted:

How much endo are we talking? I've got 13k banked, and I've never sold any of the mods I've acquired. I'm not looking to get the best meta build ever, but just something that's good enough to keep things fun will be more than enough.

Primed mods typically take 40k endo and 2 mil credits to max out. Even with my ancient player endo stores, I’ll never max out all the primed mods that exist

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It is good to buy Primed Mods but only consider leveling them when you already have the rest of the build. Corrupted Mods and Dual Status mods should be a higher priority, imo.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Raptor1033 posted:

Primed mods typically take 40k endo and 2 mil credits to max out. Even with my ancient player endo stores, I’ll never max out all the primed mods that exist

the OP says credit boosters are a bad use of platinum, but are they actually a bad use of platinum? you need a ton of credits and you can spend the time you're not in the index doing things that actually earn you more platinum, like fissures

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If you do sorties, you'll eventually get a credit booster for a reward or a login reward for a few hour booster, that is more then enough time to chain doing profit taker or index to max out your credits until the next one.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you just do index when you stumble into a login credit booster or a sortie reward you'll have plenty of credits

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Primed mods are best leveled to about level 8 until you have a ton of endo, leveling them up to 8 takes 1/4th the endo it would to max, while still giving you a noticeable advantage over the normal mods. The only one i know i maxed for sure was the pistol crit mod, and that was because of how crit works and kitguns.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Flavahbeast posted:

the OP says credit boosters are a bad use of platinum, but are they actually a bad use of platinum? you need a ton of credits and you can spend the time you're not in the index doing things that actually earn you more platinum, like fissures

If you care about plat efficency, they are probably bad.

If you have plat because of coupons, or spending money, or trading, then yeah, short bursts of cred boosters are nice, as are 30 days resource boosters. But those are decisions to make when you know the game, not when reading an OP about it.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

it's really loving bad, the sight lines are abysmal and also it's huge, like 2-3 times the size of the old, good index map and maybe half again as big as the old crappy one

radar used to be helpful but not mandatory, now i wouldn't play index without it

Really? I don't know why but they tend to pool up in that little room next to the enemy goal, so I normally have no trouble finding enemies on that map. I was playing it yesterday and a couple times there were even enough enemies around to pose a threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

The Eos Prime set of armour attachments that Baro has look really nice on Wisp.