Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

after 6 years i finally got a new phone. its an android. whats the best app for listening to f4w podcasts? i've been using chrome but it seems to lose track of where i am in the podcast if its paused for too long, and it looks like google music doesn't have access to the subscriber exclusive shows. is there an app that does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

after 6 years i finally got a new phone. its an android. whats the best app for listening to f4w podcasts? i've been using chrome but it seems to lose track of where i am in the podcast if its paused for too long, and it looks like google music doesn't have access to the subscriber exclusive shows. is there an app that does?

You could download them and listen via whichever music player you prefer.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

STONE COLD 64 posted:

If you're on Android, Podcast Addict is the only app that works.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Podcast Addict is very good, I use it for basically all podcast stuff and it supports password protected feeds like the Observer ones.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Incessant Excess posted:

If you're on Android, Podcast Addict is the only app that works.

BeyondPod works

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I just download the shows via chrome/whatever browser you use then put them into a playlist in google play.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

I'll be damned, that's great to find out since BeyondPod has sync across devices too, have you used that feature by any chance? I often switch back and forth between my phone and my tablet for podcast listening and not having to sync my position manually would be very convenient.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Incessant Excess posted:

I'll be damned, that's great to find out since BeyondPod has sync across devices too, have you used that feature by any chance? I often switch back and forth between my phone and my tablet for podcast listening and not having to sync my position manually would be very convenient.

Cant say that I have, but I've also been moving more of my non subscription podcasts to Spotify which does it as well

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

Cant say that I have, but I've also been moving more of my non subscription podcasts to Spotify which does it as well

Spotify could be a great option since I'm already using it for music, it's a shame that the F4W casts are limiting tho as I have no interested in keeping two separate podcast playlists, well, at least not outside of the way I've already been doing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"The thing people seem to forget is... WCW was run by idiots." - Dave Meltzer, May 30 2019.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The most under rated damning part of the Talk is Jericho with Moxley for me is when he was off injury getting all hyped to come back, coming up with ideas and the WWE killed all of it with dumb ideas.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The most under rated damning part of the Talk is Jericho with Moxley for me is when he was off injury getting all hyped to come back, coming up with ideas and the WWE killed all of it with dumb ideas.

I'd be curious to hear those ideas but the summarizations don't mention them

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He didn't really go into specifics on that, IIRC, just that he wanted to come back as a different heel character and they made him come back and do the same old poo poo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

there was two parts to this. one was him coming back as a heel which was killed because of the shield reunion tour. the other part was him coming up with ideas, that he didn't elaborate on, and then discarding them because he realized it was pointless in the current creative setup in WWE

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The wrestlesplania fundraiser for The Yellowhammer Fund, an Alabama-based abortion access charity, is going on and will be on for a while yet:

https://www.twitch.tv/Wrestlesplania

They're watching matches and clips and having a good time.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

A for instance. Even on the most cynical, pandering, that's PR level you'd think Balor's idea would be greenlit immediately. But no.

https://www.thesportster.com/news/finn-balor-stephanie-mcmahon-wrestlemania-entrance/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/thewadekeller/status/1133951604535844865

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is that Donkey Lips in the bottom left of that podcast art

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

luckily you can listen to a free podcast where Jon Moxley discusses these things, and more!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Is that Donkey Lips in the bottom left of that podcast art

yes it is. Good eye

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan Alvarez has done a better job of hyping his match with The Stunt Family than any WWE wrestler has for any match in years and years

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Granny on Jon Moxley today :vince:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

If this forum is worried about Renee and thinking about contingencies, I'm certain her and her husband have been planning things out for months. I wouldn't be shocked if she had a parachute in place at AEW, and that possibility probably protects her at WWE more than anything.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

just got to this and it was so much better than i expected

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mariooncrack posted:

Oh my God I just got to it :lol:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Helicity posted:

If this forum is worried about Renee and thinking about contingencies, I'm certain her and her husband have been planning things out for months. I wouldn't be shocked if she had a parachute in place at AEW, and that possibility probably protects her at WWE more than anything.

Look Renee it says here in your contract that you are obligated to swim in this giant bowl of dog poop. Wait, why are you walking away? I'm Vince McMahon Dammit no one says no to me. Not even the tanning bed lady. WHO SNEEZED

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

Granny on Jon Baxley today :vince:

I can't wait for the video clip of this

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 31, 2019

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

holy poo poo

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

SatoshiMiwa posted:

did i just misunderstand that part? i thought he was saying that he gave up before pitching stuff because he knew they wouldn't go for it.

was listening at work so i probably just didn't quite catch it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Helicity posted:

Even if not, it's not like she can't do the ol' stop working until your contract runs out gambit. Like Mox said, his house, his truck, and his mom's house are all paid off and he doesn't really need any more money. I reckon with AEW paydays they'll be fine for years if they're remotely smart with their money.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
The Observer is a must-read this week, particularly for Big Dave's teardown of the Saudi Arabia show.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

rovert posted:

A for instance. Even on the most cynical, pandering, that's PR level you'd think Balor's idea would be greenlit immediately. But no.

https://www.thesportster.com/news/finn-balor-stephanie-mcmahon-wrestlemania-entrance/

Word salad

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

mactheknife posted:

did i just misunderstand that part? i thought he was saying that he gave up before pitching stuff because he knew they wouldn't go for it.

was listening at work so i probably just didn't quite catch it.

He flew himself to New York specifically to meet with Vince to pitch him ideas for his return from injury, Vince shot them all down.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Cornette's take on Double or Nothing is predictably full of really stupid nitpicks and his weird grudges against Omega and Chuck Taylor. He also really hated the pre-show battle royal, which is only annoying because if Memphis had booked that exact same thing in the 70s he would have loved it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is granny horny for the moxer

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

she said "whos this jon batchley he looks just like ambrose" it was cute

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Who the gently caress would hate Chuckie T?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Captain Magic posted:

The saddest old man who doesn't understand how cool and good Chuck Taylor is.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

To quote the Gentleman himself, "all those things Jim Cornette says about me, I agree with"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Captain Magic posted:

Cornette hates him because of the hand grenade spot, which he almost never does anymore. It mostly annoys me because Cornette has gone to bat for Plowboy Frazier, a terrible wrestler who did comedy bullshit and was also racist in real life, more than once.