Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Considering how lovely the web and wall crawling effects on that show were, camp would've been a very good thing for them to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

I wholeheartedly agree. I remember it being pretty joyless. I don’t even remember what Peter looked like or who if any of the supporting cast was in it. It really did seem like a generic cop show where some dude in a half assed Spidey costume occasionally showed up.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
And the janitor just sits there, no longer curious about who that man was, or why he slapped him.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Poor Rattler. So filled with self-loathing that when people ask him questions to get to know him a little he can do nothing but lash out at them.

The robot died I guess?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
From our friends in the Comic Strip Thread:

Pastry of the Year posted:

from Amazing Spider-Man Annual #22, 1988:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Johnny Walker posted:

Poor Rattler. So filled with self-loathing that when people ask him questions to get to know him a little he can do nothing but lash out at them.

The robot died I guess?

Withdrawal symptoms. He hasn't had a smoke since the 60's.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Johnny Walker posted:

The robot died I guess?

"Let's call an ambulance!" "No, I'll just limp over to the emergency room" is too real for a freelancer with no insurance.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No, no that's how most insured Americans roll. Ambulances are loving expensive no matter what.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

maltesh posted:

Shouldn't there be a corpse down there?

The rats of Manhattan can be very bold.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

There was no doctor for the other guy, though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dennis Franz you son of a bitch :mad:

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Wait. So, to summarize, Loomis has tried to kill Carol and failed because Spider Man showed up. Fortunately, for Loomis, he's got a cultist in the crowd pretending to be a doctor who can kill her by injecting her with poison. Wait, I'm sorry. The cultist isn't going to do that. He's just going to inject her with an amnesiac, and leave Carol unkilled. Got it.

Loomis, you're slipping here.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Carole, you're awake!"
"I... I don't remember what happe--"
"Loomis threw you off a rooftop to try and kill you and this cop and these witnesses can vouch for it!"
"Oh drat, gently caress that guy and his loving cult! We've gotta stop them!"
"Yes! Great! Wow, that took so much less time than I thought it would!"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
That penultimate panel is something that I'd expect from a horror story, really stands out

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
man, loomis reacts really quickly. he had a doctor with amnesia drugs(????) on hand, and he sent the dude downstairs so fast that he almost outran carole on the way down.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Can't wait to find out how Mysterio actually doesn't know Peter is Spidey.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

An undisclosed location? What, is Mysterio some kinda Vice President?

Maybe the location is a nearby broom closet and the comic was just sparing Mysterios feelings?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Can't wait to find out how Mysterio actually doesn't know Peter is Spidey.

Did you draw the smiley face on M's chest?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

man, loomis reacts really quickly. he had a doctor with amnesia drugs(????) on hand, and he sent the dude downstairs so fast that he almost outran carole on the way down.

You thought he was a lunatic, but turns out he was playing 4d chess all along.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

He's just prepared for everything. He has a doctor with amnesia drugs stationed at the bottom of the building at all times, in case he pushes someone off a balcony and Spider-Man saves them but they faint

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The doctor with amnesia drugs is constantly following Newspaper Spider-Man around, he just hasn't been mentioned yet because this is a third-person embedded strip and NSM keeps forgetting it.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Maybe Loomis just told the doctor "I'm going to be throwing some folks off the roof today. If they survive, give them the ol' mind-needle. "

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
Obviously, the doctor is the first guy he threw off the roof.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Lombard is a serial killer, he wants Carole alive so he can kill her himself.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Bruceski posted:

Did you draw the smiley face on M's chest?
It was subtle enough I thought it was real.

He's really adorable if his head's in his chest.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wow, so his cult turned out to consist of like, 4 guys and carole. also, he killed guy #4.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Obviously this originally ran at a different time of year, but it is funny seeing people dressed for winter in June.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

That's it for Mysterio's nefarious plans I guess.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yikes. mj passed out for no particular reason, and his first reaction was to run away, leaving her there on the floor.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

yikes. mj passed out for no particular reason, and his first reaction was to run away, leaving her there on the floor.

I'm more worried about why the Rattler wants the pictures of MJ:ohdear:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Alhazred posted:

I'm more worried about why the Rattler wants the pictures of MJ:ohdear:

peter took pictures of mj, while rattler was standing in an alley gulping down a magic potion. rattler believes that he may be in the pictures peter took, which is why he followed peter home. this was laid out pretty clearly.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

peter took pictures of mj, while rattler was standing in an alley gulping down a magic potion. rattler believes that he may be in the pictures peter took, which is why he followed peter home. this was laid out pretty clearly.
Yeah, but to be fair it doesn't really make sense. What difference does it make if he's in the background of some pictures Peter took? Is he planning to claim it was some other snake-looking person who committed all those crimes?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I do like how Pete says "by climbing wall" like wall is a plural.

"It's time to climb wall and chew bubble gum... and I sat in the gum."

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Yeah, but to be fair it doesn't really make sense. What difference does it make if he's in the background of some pictures Peter took? Is he planning to claim it was some other snake-looking person who committed all those crimes?

Being a lizard pretending to be a human pretending to a lizard is a pretty complicated plan. With only NSM level of intelligence, he forgot he was doing that.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's such a lame resolution. the only way loomis was ever a threat to even nsm was because of his masses of devoted followers, and they seem to have all gone to lunch. in practice, he was just a dude in an apartment with two comically inept bodyguards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm gonna assume that amnesiac Carole will think Loomis has been railroaded by that evil Spider-Man, giving Loomis his "last laugh" as she abandons her life to follow his cause anyway, meaning she breaks up with Peter.

In a dark room in her apartment, MJ steeples her fingers and smiles.... all has gone according to plan....