Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Also Tyrael

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Nazeebo.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

drat I forgot about Nazeebo!

edit Easy solution isto replace Nazeebo (problematic) with Duran (sexy and cool) both in Diablo and Hots

Camel Camus fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 30, 2019

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I figure I'd try playing this game again and it's two literal ultra stomps into the ground by the enemy team, rip

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 30, 2019

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Dragongem posted:

I figure I'd try playing this game again and it's two literal ultra stomps into the ground by the enemy team, rip

almost every game I play recently is a stomp one way or the other

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.
I must be an outlier because I get a mix of stomps either way as well as closely swinging games. I like playing support, though, maybe that helps. Games without heals are just pure torture.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The weird games are when you have twice as many kills as the other team bit they jave a Murky/good pusher and so you lose because your team has blinders to anything but a teamnfight.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

Geckoagua posted:

I must be an outlier because I get a mix of stomps either way as well as closely swinging games. I like playing support, though, maybe that helps. Games without heals are just pure torture.

Yup. Queue as something useful and you'll generally get better games.

Queuing as two or more assassins is a good recipe for stupidity.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Did they remove matchmaking from QM completely? Had a game with like lvl 10 people on my team who played like it too.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
There's been some pretty screwy level/team comp balance for me the last lil while.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

local man just can't stop posting about dead gay videogame

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Artanis is one of my most played heroes and I largely agree with your review but at the same time he feels like he's in an excellent spot balance-wise and even minor buffs to underused talents would push him back up to permaban status like from a couple years ago.

Some of your buffs to the defensive talents turn these talents into ones I'd always take and just be a constant presence in the enemy team rubbing their faces off.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
There's a billie for sale for gold. Idk in case you never got one.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I might snag him, I didnt have enough gold last time. I love using my Giant Crabs for my default mounts though.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1137403922941960192

Valla?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Valla is a cool shooty assassin lady that I like. She is not a mecha. I don't understand this AND I AM UNCOMFORTABLE.

New hero and/or new reworks are what I'm after.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
She's not a mecha, she's driving the mecha.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
new mecha meta

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I’d be cool with a Kaiju style map.

Doubt it’ll happen but it would be neat to see.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1137766311306641408

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

PTR Patch is live.

Mechastorm II and the Chen Rework.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

drat, Chen must've really been in a bad place if they're moving 13/20 talents down to levels 1 and 4 and buffing the talents in the process.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

It's not the first time they've done it - Diablo's Life Leech was a Level 20 Talent, once upon a time. Oftentimes, an ability sounds impressive on paper (usually anything to do with percentage health or healing), but reality doesn't always play ball.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Anub’arak: Cocoon is no longer disjointed by teleports. Cocoon will now redirect, similarly to pyroblast, and fall off if the teleport is far enough away.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

A Zeratul teammate literally rage quit. Like whined about the team while having the most deaths, least kills, least damage, went "gg afk" and disconnected.

Still lost but the AI was better than the supposed master league Zeratul player so worked out.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It is stomp or be stomped in QM.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

storm earth fire clears chen's stagger damage

so does lunara's abolish magic and blaze's bunker

also all of the skins own, thanks for coming to my ted talk

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010

doverhog posted:

Did they remove matchmaking from QM completely? Had a game with like lvl 10 people on my team who played like it too.

Yes. I’m regularly matched with/against brand new players. It’s kind of frustrating when you’ve been playing the game for 3 years and you’re in games with people who don’t even recognize all the heros. Makes for some extremely dumb matches.

I’ll say the new approach to MM has made my HOTS time a lot less fun, matches pop pretty quick now but the quality is now super low. I’m nearly 66% win rate this season so it’s not like I’m not winning a lot, but the skill disparity in my games means that a lot of the winning matches feel unlosable and vice versa.

Lawdog69 fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 12, 2019

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Lawdog69 posted:

Yes. I’m regularly matched with/against brand new players. It’s kind of frustrating when you’ve been playing the game for 3 years and you’re in games with people who don’t even recognize all the heros. Makes for some extremely dumb matches.

I’ll say the new approach to MM has made my HOTS time a lot less fun, matches pop pretty quick now but the quality is now super low. I’m nearly 66% win rate this season so it’s not like I’m not winning a lot, but the skill disparity in my games means that a lot of the winning matches feel unlosable and vice versa.

The problem is the new player queue was not popping at acceptable rates at all, even in the NA/EU regions as I understand it. Which is to say nothing of oceanic and the like. It does suck, but it seems like their hand was effectively forced.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

New player queue was so much fun during nexus 2.0. Are new player queues for other mobas that much fun?

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
I had not noticed what people were saying in this thread but then this past week happen and I was getting games with people as low as a level 7, when the next lowest level person was in the 600s. Honestly, I don't notice too much difference between a level 400 and level 2000 player in QM because there are so many other things going on, but it just sucks to have someone on your team in the single or double digits and they are clearly a complete noob, not just with their hero but with the entire game. Have player numbers gone down sharp lately? Ever since the canceling of HOTS Pro League people have been saying the game is dead but for a casual player who just QMs like me I never noticed a difference until recently.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It sounds like typical dumb implementations around matchmaking speed where they go from one extreme of hour long new player queues to prioritizing speed above all else.

I love saying dead game and talking crap about what the devs did to this game but even I dont think the player base is as low as putting a level 7 with a level 2000 would suggest.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The problem probably is that new players are so rare, that when they start playing in QM, they have to be put into the normal que, or they will never get into a game.

I will accept these new players and wish they keep playing the game so I can also keep doing it. :)

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.
I wish there was a mentor system or something, feels like the new player experience could be improved by biasing in as many willing participants as possible rather than dumping them on unsuspecting players just looking for a normal match. It doesn't help that typing advice in chat during a game is a quick trip to tilt town if you're wrong about them needing the tips.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I find other players are always eager to give me advice if I'm not doing well

such "kill yourself you suck" or "uninstall"

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Moola posted:

I find other players are always eager to give me advice if I'm not doing well

such "kill yourself you suck" or "uninstall"

or claiming "gg" at two minutes in after losing the mindless initial mid-lane brawl

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Paranoid Peanut posted:

or claiming "gg" at two minutes in after losing the mindless initial mid-lane brawl

To be fair, there are definitely games where the outcome is extremely clear nine minutes in, but you'll still have to drag it out for another 10.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Paranoid Peanut posted:

or "LANES!" before the mid brawl has even finished

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Yeah but it’s really weird getting matches with literal brand new people when the teams also include masters+ players. It’s a bad time for everyone I’m sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lately a lot of people have been super tilty early on. Not sure if it's due to the possible matchmaking changes but have had a lot of games where someone got mad about pings or something before level 3, flip out, and then intentionally feed for the rest of the game. I've had a long stretch where people were mostly cool but suddenly running into this again which is annoying considering their reports just go into an empty void.