Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Proof of Betteridge’s Law if I ever saw it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/bjlefebvre/status/1133733821084520448

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
To free me from this mortal coil

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/AltPress/status/1134108681681985537

Did not realize this was possible

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Neither did he.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So is that a muscle-flexing thing or a vibrations-from-the-note thing, because that may affect if I ever go to see this guy perform.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

On the plus side, his high notes are now higher.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Knormal posted:

So is that a muscle-flexing thing or a vibrations-from-the-note thing, because that may affect if I ever go to see this guy perform.

If you go to see Slipknot, you deserve everything you get.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Slipknot is garbage but there's definitely some cultural cachet in being the singer so hardcore he literally busted a nut.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
More like Splitnut

(and definitely not more like oldpainless)

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

He literally howled his ball(s) off :hmbol:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Azathoth posted:

Oh is that who that guy is? No problem then.

Sir Lemming posted:

More like Splitnut

(and definitely not more like oldpainless)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm6OZ1metMo

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

Imagine loving dinosaurs as a kid in the 80s-90s then jumping forward to 2019 and it's a bunch of feathered weirdos saying wowie

Turns out latest palentology is that T-Rex specifically was basically featherless, so its status as coolest dino remains uncontested

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I like the Pokemon interpretation where the T-Rex has a regal/pimp feathered ruff.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Azathoth posted:

You can always go to a Stone Sour concert instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIzDsGyxsQM

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://time.com/5598744/north-korea-envoy-kim-hyok-chol-trump-summit/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Of course looking at Kim jong un I can never be certain that all these people weren't actually purged for various dishes.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

By popular demand posted:

Of course looking at Kim jong un I can never be certain that all these people weren't actually purged for various dishes.

Or how much of it is actually true.

Due to how impenetrable the country is, a lot of unverifiable stuff gets reported as fact, with the only source being an anonymous person in the South Korean intelligence apparatus or some "Chinese official", all of whom are working an angle of some kind. And even if they're being truthful with whoever they're leaking info to, there's no guarantee that their source in North Korea isn't lying to them or being lied to by someone else.

It's also hard to overstate just how much of what the North publicizes themselves, ostensibly for the rest of the world, is actually intended for internal audiences. Assuming that this guy was killed, it could just as easily be because he got caught selling information to China or because he was in charge of some external business and skimmed too much off the top or because Kim thought he was getting too buddy-buddy with the wrong people and he perceived a threat.

Not defending the North by any stretch, it just annoys the crap out of me how much poo poo gets uncritically reported about them, and how it always seems to distract from the real poo poo they are doing.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

You can always go to a Stone Sour concert instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIzDsGyxsQM

:barf: that's even worse

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

GrossMurpel posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo, I had no idea it was the same singer. That's just amazing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GrossMurpel posted:

"Through Glass" is a masterpiece of drunk sad music, you shut your mouth.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

"Bother" was alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-pXD0FXLQ8

and I still like Slipknot drat it

Shifty Nipples has a new favorite as of 20:25 on May 31, 2019

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
"Man suffers 9 day erection after bruising taint in moped accident"
https://gizmodo.com/man-suffers-9-day-erection-after-bruising-taint-in-mope-1835153121

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He had to call 54 doctors

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

taint bruised so what

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Lord Buckethead has retired

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I kind of understand him, his attempts at lunacy having been outdone by May, Johnson, Corbyn, Farage...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's been at least 3 people who have been Lord Buckethead, so there's always a chance he can return.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Imagine four Lord Bucketheads on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the Lord Buckethead nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of Lord Bucketheads and takes the place of the first Lord Buckethead. The formerly first Lord Buckethead becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff.

Politics work the same way.

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 06:39 on Jun 1, 2019

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

There's been at least 3 people who have been Lord Buckethead, so there's always a chance he can return.

He says it's because the original creator asked to take back creative control of the character (it's from some 1984 film), so I don't think so. :smith:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Before I looked it up I thought Lord Buckethead was that virtuosic guitar player and was surprised to find out there had been three of them

e: now it makes more sense that people were bringing him up along with British politicians

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Before I looked it up I thought Lord Buckethead was that virtuosic guitar player and was surprised to find out there had been three of them

e: now it makes more sense that people were bringing him up along with British politicians

That’s what I thought until this exact post. I just kind of assumed it was like when California elected Schwarzenegger governor.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I would elect Buckethead governor.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/trillmoregirls/status/1134835714116530176

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
NBA star Scottie Pippen sues girl, 5, for damages to Florida mansion

quote:

NBA great Scottie Pippen is reportedly suing a five-year-old girl for vandalising his $US10 million Florida mansion by scribbling on the walls with markers and crayons. Pippen, 53, added the girl’s name to a lawsuit he filed against her parents, Lindsay Glazer and Jacob Wolloshin, who he is asking for damages in excess of $US100,000. He claims the girl’s “vandalising ways show (that) Glazer and Woloshin failed as parents.”

Glazer, who is a stand-up comedian, slammed Pippen in a string of stinging tweets.

“Quite frankly, I’m surprised they ever thought @ScottiePippen lived anywhere, besides Michael Jordan’s shadow,” she wrote.

holttho
May 21, 2007

I wonder if that is him just being sleazy or if it is one of those "we had to sue in order to get insurance to pay out"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Do they need insurance to pay out for a few cans of Glidden?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Do they need insurance to pay out for a few cans of Glidden?

The walls were painted with gold leaf and Picasso's ashes