Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
PureChaos now and forever.

No Risk because it's more fun for me to get a Zerk naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Since my last party was very magically focused I think I'm going to do a no750 registration. I never risk, but the zerk could show up anyway, so we'll see. Always excited for FFV every year even if I only barely do one run!

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I'm going to finish FFV for the first time dang it!

Now I just need to decide how I'm going to play it. :ohdear:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1134610881092784129
:ohdear:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Why does dancer have -3000 votes for The Run?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Capfalcon posted:

the classes with -3000 are the ones that won last year.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Capfalcon posted:

The four jobs from last year start at -3000

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Registered for a completely normal-rear end run with no bells and whistles, but hopefully my first completed Final Fantasy ever. :toot: Excited to play and stream so people can enjoy my fumbles.

Now that I'm registered, how do I interact with the bot during the run? How does that all work?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Ritznit posted:

Registered for a completely normal-rear end run with no bells and whistles, but hopefully my first completed Final Fantasy ever. :toot: Excited to play and stream so people can enjoy my fumbles.

Now that I'm registered, how do I interact with the bot during the run? How does that all work?

When you get to the point where you can get a new set of jobs (which is very obvious in-game), tweet the appropriate crystal (wind/water/fire/earth) at gilgabot and he will happily provide you with a job!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Actually, you don't even have to tweet for the wind crystal, since once the Fiesta starts, your first job will automatically be unlocked on the Fiesta page.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Ritznit posted:

You tweet #water, #fire, or #earth when you want your next class and #victory when you beat neoexdeath along with a picture of him dying. You tweet #victoryomega and #victoryshinryu when you beat the bonus bosses along with pictures of them as well. The items you get when you beat them also work.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

Actually, you don't even have to tweet for the wind crystal, since once the Fiesta starts, your first job will automatically be unlocked on the Fiesta page.

And you can unlock the rest there at any time.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

oh wait you don't even have to tweet past registering a run anymore so think. You can go straight through the site now afaik.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Thanks for the explanations! Straight through the site sounds nice, but tweeting would be fine too, as long as the bot doesn't reach the post limit too hard again. :v:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
oh can you not get multi zerkers with risk on a pc run? that's lame

edit: good that you can

Relin fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 1, 2019

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

poo poo I'd better hurry up and finish my vanilla run, I'm almost at world 3

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Relin posted:

oh can you not get multi zerkers with risk on a pc run? that's lame

Unless something has changed, you can.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, though keep in mind that's only when applying with Risk, and even then only if there is a surplus of Zerks in the pool. Otherwise it goes by whatever rules the run itself goes by, and as far as I know the only time you'll get Zerk as your Wind job is if you're playing Chaos/Pure Chaos, and then that's only if the RNG rolls it for that first job; Gilgabot does not consciously hand out quadzerks without arcane secrets.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 1, 2019

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Man, I got a horrible Chaos team a few years back that resulted in me having to do this:

And I gave up and went away from the Fiesta for a while. But this year I'm back! I've donated and signed up with #winner!

No berserkerisk for me, oh god, I think I'd cry if I got that hand there dealt to me again.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FeatherFloat posted:

Man, I got a horrible Chaos team a few years back that resulted in me having to do this:

And I gave up and went away from the Fiesta for a while. But this year I'm back! I've donated and signed up with #winner!

No berserkerisk for me, oh god, I think I'd cry if I got that hand there dealt to me again.

I had one of those three years ago. Three berserkers and a dragoon (as my last job of course). I cleared it but it took everything out of me and the following year I had flashbacks and couldn't finish a run. Seriously, the grind broke me when I love this game so much, I did a run last year and I plan to do another this one but I'm not risking ever again.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Since the original guide has vanished, I started a new one that anyone can edit for now.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16tgd63zw-aEnEfTAANifaPdJm_UuuJ0-WdRg6lM6ER4/edit

Please don't be an rear end in a top hat about it (no Fiesta-er would be such) and make it as newbie friendly as possible. I'll try to go through and do any needed editing every so often.

EDIT: I should clarify that this isn't meant as a replacement for anything else, more of a supplement. I liked to read over the old document every Fiesta season to remind myself of a lot of things that I'd forgotten since the last Fiesta.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Wow, didn't even know it was gone, I think I use that every year to make sure I don't forget something stupid but necessary (that and Enkibot which I also didn't notice in the OP). Also, I saw this one in the Official Subreddit, somebody made an in-depth Omega post which'll probably be useful.

:toxx:
Oh, time to fulfill one and make one! Only Can of Worms and myself completed this one last Fiesta:

And I'm doing it again: $1 per goon up to $20 for every goon that completes a run from now on to the end (must complete a normal run first) using Can Of Worms's Final Fantasy V Advance Randomizer. Make sure to emptyquote this post on a win so I can see it! Oh, and please don't use the FFVFJF site (probably not cool crowning on impossible runs), although if you want to slip a victory into another run's #Up that's probably okay. It's up to you if you want to spoil the Jobs you get or not but I'd recommend it to reduce grinding and magic level confusion. Also, I'll probably wait until next year to actually donate so I can kill two birds with one stone and water that tree.
:siren:Also, make sure you use the clean unpatched Final Fantasy V Advance US ROM (CRC32 7A24AB0C)! You'll get game-breaking errors with the EU version or patched ROMs that change job stuff.

Oh yeah, in it for #;debra, I mean #regWinner #BERSERKERRISK! I also did something truly stupid getting excited for the run and just nigh 100%ed Bravely Second in a seriously ridiculously short amount of time (mostly I just have to wait for Ba'al enemies from their servers). Since I'm out of those games I think next year I'll go back and beat Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light which heavily influenced it! Also, I might dip my toes into something else although I do have a couple other projects I should be putting time into.

Edit:
Completed - Osci, 1234567890num, MagusDraco, blakelmenakle, apophenium, Darwinism, Doom Goon, Can Of Worms.

Doom Goon fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 6, 2019

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I can't convince myself not to do Pure Chaos every run again, the Winner run doesn't seem that interesting, I could just do 750

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I've been reading up on some of the bosses and I gotta ask, has anyone here been nuts enough to kill Omega on their Fiesta run?

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Ritznit posted:

I've been reading up on some of the bosses and I gotta ask, has anyone here been nuts enough to kill Omega on their Fiesta run?

Loads of people! Depending on your team it's a free win (time mage/bard/beastmaster are a few) or possible with some strategy/grinding.

I think derra has tripled crowned all their runs too.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

My hardest doable Omega so far was probably last year where due to Forbidden I was rolling with only Dragoon, Blue Mage, and Oracle. While Blue Mage was essential to actually surviving past the first round (Mighty Guard and White Wind all day), I had to rely on Trident Jumps to get the most out of my damage, and I had to eat those counterattacks quite a bit. Oracle could plink away with Cleansing without fear of counterattack but that damage was low and unreliable. After a fair bit of grinding I managed to get the lucky run in.

I wasn't able to beat Omega on my run two years ago with Red Mage White Mage Chemist and Geomancer, seems like. Couldn't find a way to do reasonable amounts of damage or survive super well. Here's hoping for a successful triple crown this year.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ritznit posted:

I killed both super bosses on all seven runs last year. I hope to do so again this year.

Chemist and White Mage make Omega pretty easy, at least once Chemist gets rolling.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ritznit posted:

Omega and Shinryu, like any other boss in the game, are super easy if you get the right team composition. People beat the superbosses so frequently that they have recognition equal to just beating the game.

Now, the real challenge is the Sealed Temple if you're lucky enough to get the right classes... :getin:

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 1, 2019

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I had a great time doing a solo Ranger run a few years ago for a similar thread. I won't be participating this year due to time constraints, but I'm excited to follow the thread!

IT IS A GOOD DAY TO ZERK :black101: :black101: :black101: :black101: :black101:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ritznit posted:

I triple crowned my first playthrough/run last year. It's pretty easy if you get a good team.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Chaos Risked, I didn't want to be a Winner.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Funktastic posted:

Loads of people! Depending on your team it's a free win (time mage/bard/beastmaster are a few) or possible with some strategy/grinding.

I think derra has tripled crowned all their runs too.

Yeah, over 4 years I've TCed 82 run in a row.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Orange Fluffy Sheep is LPing a pre-Fiesta Fiesta run! Go read it, it's interesting!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I've started a Fiesta LP if you're "on the fence" and want to see what it looks like.

Or maybe if you wanna see how you reach the level of insanity that you !release a karnak sergeant at NED.

E: wow Kyro way to preempt my self-promotion to make me look shameless AND stupid.

Orange Fluffy Sheep fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 1, 2019

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Oh, sounds like I shouldn't pledge donations for people triple-crowning, then. I'm not rich. :v:

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Ritznit posted:

Oh, sounds like I shouldn't pledge donations for people triple-crowning, then. I'm not rich. :v:

you can always donate for people who triple crown without the classes that make it easy to beat one or both (time mage/bard/beastmaster/chemist/white mage are a few examples). While derra shows you can beat them with pretty much everything, most people are gonna go through the effort.

edit: also having a max you can/will donate is completely normal too!

Funktastic fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 1, 2019

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Ritznit posted:

There are teams for whom Omega is barely a speedbump.

There are also mad bastards who kill him no matter what team they get.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I wonder if there's any team composition that can't beat Omega even if you were mad enough to grind all the way to level 99 and get 99 Elixirs. I guess anything that would have to rely on bare fist criticals to damage it and lacked a reliable way to inflict Stop. Something like 4xThieves.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Samuel Clemens posted:

I wonder if there's any team composition that can't beat Omega even if you were mad enough to grind all the way to level 99 and get 99 Elixirs. I guess anything that would have to rely on bare fist criticals to damage it and lacked a reliable way to inflict Stop. Something like 4xThieves.

Any job that can't get around his 95% evasion and/or 199 defense approaches mathematical impossibility. Omega is ridiculously fast and uses Surge Beam frequently. Even with 96 damage fist crits constantly you have 55,530 HP to get through and only 99 elixirs.

And that's with perfect luck, which, depending on how the RNG works on a mechanical level, might not even be possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The defense is the bigger stopping point than the 95% evasion, ultimately; the only time the 95% evasion is a deal breaker is when you have to rely on critical hits from fists/katanas (or damage variance from axes) to pierce the defense. That said, there's a lot more ways to bypass the defense than there is to bypass the evasion.

For the record, the following things can get past Omega's defense:
  • Any lightning-based attack (as long as it gets through the reflect; this means in absolute worst-case you could lean back on !Throwing Lightning Scrolls, or if you feel like braving that 95% evasion, you can smack it with Coral Swords and Tridents, but I can't recommend that for anyone who lacks a White Mage)
  • !Rapidfire
  • Non-Elemental magic damage with more than 150 spell power (again assuming it gets through reflect; Succubus Kiss and Bahamut are fine, as is bouncing Flares; in the case of Black Mages and Summoners, Thunder Rod + Lightning spells does more damage though. Comet/Meteor have a random spell power between 50 and 200, needs to be >150 to get through Omega's MDef; Time Mages have better options in most versions)
  • !Throw with any weapon with more than 100 throw power (usually these are legendary weapons, save for Fuma Shurikens; if you have any mage class with !Throw they'll be better off with Lightning Scrolls)
  • The blue magics 1000 Needles and Exploder (which do fixed damage)
  • The chemist mix Turtle Soup (Turtle Shell + Antidote, halves enemy DEF/MDEF)
  • Critical hits from Fists/Katanas
  • Axes (treat Defense as 25% of normal - this means you still will do 0 damage often)
  • Sword Dance with a weapon with more than 100 Attack

Things that get past Omega's evasion:
  • !Rapidfire
  • !Aim (why are you using this instead of Rapidfire, come on now)
  • Stop (inflicted via Bard using Romeo's Ballad) or Paralyze (inflicted via Beastmaster's !Calm command GBA ONLY) make evasion 0% for their duration
  • !Throw
  • !Jump
  • !Dance
  • Most damaging spells (usually auto-hit, exception made for Succubus Kiss, which has to deal with lowered accuracy due to Omega's bonkers level)

In order to have a "safe" Omega fight, you need a Time Mage (for Quick-leak shenanigans in non-mobile/Steam versions), Bard, or Beastmaster (GBA-only). In order to have a feasible Omega fight you need something that can do lightning damage (Blue Mages technically count for this though they'll generally want to use 1000 Needles instead of Coral Sword pokes). If you only have classes that would need to rely on unequipped criticals (really only just Thief, White Mage and Geomancer, though Berserker's uncontrollable nature makes Axes just as bad of an option too) then your chances are so close to 0 that you might as well not even try.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 1, 2019