Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

im on the net me boys posted:

Shaving your face and shaving your legs are different enough

Excuse me I absorbed my twin in the womb and now have legs growing out of my face and let me tell you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

cool dance moves posted:

Now that's some solid gender-respectin right there

To support Gillette, I will now exclusively buy their pink products and disfigure my face with dull blades they use in women's razors.

Just kidding, I almost exclusively use a trimmer nowadays, because my skin is too delicate for any type of razors.

Paladinus has issued a correction as of 13:33 on May 30, 2019

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Paladinus posted:

To support Gillette, I will now exclusively buy their pink products and disfigure my face with dull blades they use in women's razors.

Just kidding, I almost exclusively use a trimmer nowadays, because my skin is to delicate for any type of razors.
Don't worry most men those days either have a beard or use cheaper/better quality alternative to Gilette like Harry's, Cornerstone or Dollar Shave Club.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Toplowtech posted:

Don't worry most men those days either have a beard or use cheaper/better quality alternative to Gilette like Harry's, Cornerstone or Dollar Shave Club.

Nah, globally they are still the leading brand of safety razors. I don't think this is going to change soon.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Just use a ceramic knife

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Paladinus posted:

Nah, globally they are still the leading brand of safety razors. I don't think this is going to change soon.
"Still" is the important word. They went from 70% of the market in 2010 to below 50% in 2017 (according to Euromonitor). They are clearly in a "new coke"/"marketing will save us" phase.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

Bring me a pregnant alien, robot, demon, santa, snowman, emoji too

Make them all pregnant

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

snoo posted:

give me an abortion emoji imo

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Pretty sure that shaving any part of your body is the same. Lather, pull razor across skin against grain of hair, moisturise afterwards.

Source: I have shaved lots of different parts of my body

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

is the woke Nike commercial narrated by Serena Williams a new one, or has it been on for a while? it was on during the NBA Finals last night

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

bell jar posted:

Pretty sure that shaving any part of your body is the same. Lather, pull razor across skin against grain of hair, moisturise afterwards.

Source: I have shaved lots of different parts of my body

Moisturiser :sad:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
You just salt stick in case you cut yourself

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Kurtofan posted:

Just use a ceramic knife

what a good knife!

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I force the hair out of my body by contracting my very big muscles

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
... against the grain?? Lol

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

steak-umm looking out for anti-branders we stan a chaotic king

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Steak-umm looking out for anti-branders. We stan a chaotic king.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Algund Eenboom posted:

steak-umm looking out for anti-branders we stan a chaotic king

huh?

Algund Eenboom posted:

oh, okay

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I feel like all this "stan" stuff just happened because of a small typo but now it's in common use where we already had plenty of serviceable words. Idk, thought slang was more for disguising cool stuff.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Algund Eenboom posted:

shaka, when the walls fell

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

phasmid posted:

I feel like all this "stan" stuff just happened because of a small typo but now it's in common use where we already had plenty of serviceable words. Idk, thought slang was more for disguising cool stuff.

it's from the eminem song

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Brother Entropy posted:

Oh. I never expected that. Thanks.

e. At first I was like "alright what are these drat kids saying" and now I feel even older.

phasmid has issued a correction as of 23:34 on Jun 1, 2019

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

until very recently I thought it was someone misspelling the word “stand” as in “to stand for” and everyone just went along with it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if it makes you feel better i imagine a decent chunk of the younger people using it have no idea where it originated from

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Steak ummm looks really disgusting, is that really a thing you can buy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Brother Entropy posted:

Which one

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

Which one

Stan

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i thought it ws originally just an extremely forced portmanteau of stalker and fan to make fun of obsessive TV dorks

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Which one

the one with dido pooping in the music video

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

my name is stan shady

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Brother Entropy posted:

shaka, when the walls fell

temba, his arms wide :hmmyes:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

yes and when they originally turned their twitter page into what it is now i thought it was a completely fabricated brand that someone was trying to bully twitter into giving them preferential Brand treatment but sadly the real world is a lot less cool than that

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Frog Act posted:

until very recently I thought it was someone misspelling the word “stand” as in “to stand for” and everyone just went along with it

That was my thought too.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kurtofan posted:

it’s even worse in motion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KoRqMAmsKc

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Frog Act posted:

I thought it was a South Park reference

the Eminem song came out in 2000 so why would so many people be referencing it all of a sudden

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fallom posted:

the Eminem song came out in 2000 so why would so many people be referencing it all of a sudden

Memes are like that. Everything old is new again. Especially with YouTube's algorithms.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Fallom posted:

yeah i was taken aback by what a dated reference it was when someone first explained it to me

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

i googled it and i know that song from like my early teens days, didn't know it was called that

at the time i thought of it as the blamadmemammamaananananana song plus a guy talking

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
time is a froot loops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

i googled it and i know that song from like my early teens days, didn't know it was called that

at the time i thought of it as the blamadmemammamaananananana song plus a guy talking

The what the gently caress