Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I got a text message from my postal service that I have a package, which means my daniel smith paints have arrived. :yaybutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
spooky mood

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Did some more doodles.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

IkeTurner posted:

Did some more doodles.

The skull is my fav.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

IkeTurner posted:

Did some more doodles.

Is that St Vincent in the top left?

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 28, 2019

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

readingatwork posted:

Trying to get back into drawing again after ages of being out of the game. God drat has my pen control gone to poo poo.

Also I swear to God I made this before I saw Superfly's thing (which is adorable).

No worries, your's is a lot cooler than mine anyway!

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
https://twitter.com/muffinlordArt/status/1133492886731984897?s=19

I did a doodle that turned into a drawing. I saw her in a dream, literally.

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009

IkeTurner posted:

Did some more doodles.

I love that skull! Then again, I have a Thing for skulls.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Got my Daniel Smith paints home and loaded them into the pans of my paintbox. I'm glad I got the smaller tubes because aside from saving money, they look like they'll go a long way. Also I got some on my fingers and gat dayum they carry a lot of pigment in such tiny tubes. :stare:

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

I loving loved this btw, oh my god. If this was a trap by some nefarious creature, I'd be lunch in 5 seconds flat.

Squidtamer DA posted:

Felt like drawing myself some kind of skeleton cult. I'd like to think he's having a good time with it, but understands it's not everyone's thing.

Cult Motto: Kill All Humans But We Get If You're Not Into That

More cults should be so understanding.

IkeTurner posted:

Did some more doodles.

Hehey, a revision of the lonely people out on cliffs! I remember liking the original, thus I love that one the most.

ThreeStep posted:

I love that skull! Then again, I have a Thing for skulls.

It's freaking true, you can't have enough skulls. You've drawn good skulls, but only like 5% of your drawing is skull, I suggest adding more skull.

I don't know who this is but I'm sure he deserved to get kicked in the balls.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
Trying to force myself to experiment.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I loving loved this btw, oh my god. If this was a trap by some nefarious creature, I'd be lunch in 5 seconds flat.

ty, i like a good sand-colored cat, you don't see a lot of them

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Sharpest Crayon posted:

(not mine - from my inspiration folder)

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Even more of posting other people's art: my son did a F1 car for a classmate after bringing his forest to school for showing off. He now has classmates that want to come play at our house so they can paint. I am supporting this from the point where it is not a video game.

inspiration:
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11572298/f1-in-2019-can-it-finally-be-ferrari-and-sebastian-vettels-season

Oh yeah, posting this to say I'll wrap up the beach scene tomorrow and I still have no prompt from heavy liquid, or did I miss it?

Keetron fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 29, 2019

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009

Sharpest Crayon posted:

It's freaking true, you can't have enough skulls. You've drawn good skulls, but only like 5% of your drawing is skull, I suggest adding more skull.

How's this for skulls?

I may have overdone things with the markers, need to pick a few shades and stick to them.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Keetron posted:

Even more of posting other people's art: my son did a F1 car for a classmate after bringing his forest to school for showing off.

Not drawing a ferrari properly if it's not cocking up its tyre change strats. :v:

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Keetron posted:

Oh yeah, posting this to say I'll wrap up the beach scene tomorrow and I still have no prompt from heavy liquid, or did I miss it?

Hey nice work your son is doing there!

Yep, you missed it on the last page. How about a pokemon of your choice, preferably in watercolor or mixed media?

And an update for the sketch trade: I have the two sketches done and will try to mail them out tomorrow!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i love doing nighttime scenes

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."

Keetron posted:

Even more of posting other people's art: my son did a F1 car for a classmate after bringing his forest to school for showing off. He now has classmates that want to come play at our house so they can paint. I am supporting this from the point where it is not a video game.

inspiration:
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11572298/f1-in-2019-can-it-finally-be-ferrari-and-sebastian-vettels-season

You're such a cool parent! It's nice of you to be so encouraging.

Continuing to practice on my weak point of buildings and things like that with my favorite cafe. They sell these giant cinnamon buns. Linking to delicious food pictures is not at all an attempt to distract with the lack of proper perspective in my drawing.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

heavy liquid posted:

Hey nice work your son is doing there!
Yep, you missed it on the last page. How about a pokemon of your choice, preferably in watercolor or mixed media?

Ah, I thought that one was for my boy but now I understand and will pick it up. I'll ask him to do a pokemon himself for a stranger on the internet that he can then request a sketch from (provided you or someone else is game).

The wonky perspective is the most charming part of this. I mean, the colors are awesome and the sometimes uncertain linework makes it alive, but the perspective makes it charming.

lofi posted:

I got hold of a set of ecoline inks. They do bright well:

I was hoping for more of these, I grew up with ecoline when I was around 8 or 9 they had this in school and we would use it with a dip pen.

I will leave posting the end result to Shinmera (even tho I have a picture in case stuff gets lost in the mail) but will post the side studies I did on the side to see how things would look and how the paints would work with the paper.
Have a beach!

Have a tree!

Put together, well, check your mailbox if your name is Shinmera.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Keetron posted:

Ah, I thought that one was for my boy but now I understand and will pick it up. I'll ask him to do a pokemon himself for a stranger on the internet that he can then request a sketch from (provided you or someone else is game).

Haha, no worries! It's all good.
You're also making me want to try playing around with watercolor again. I might have to dig out my paints soon.

I was struggling trying to find something to draw this morning, so I ended up sketching an antelope skull.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Alright, finally getting to these art trade things. Streamin' it, too:
https://stream.shinmera.com

Shinmera fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 30, 2019

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
last one.

mermaid on rock but mermaid is sub and rock is island cuz sub is aircraft carrier

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite character to draw.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Couldn't decide yet what I actually wanted to draw, so I did some action pose practise with a reference pack.

Man, starting out with that was real rough. Been a while since I did anything like this.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh, it's a tail

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Shinmera posted:

Couldn't decide yet what I actually wanted to draw, so I did some action pose practise with a reference pack.

Man, starting out with that was real rough. Been a while since I did anything like this.

I know those action poses! Senshi-stock is brilliant.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
We got a new dog and I just love his little face

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

lofi posted:

I know those action poses! Senshi-stock is brilliant.

That's so funny! I'm pretty sure I've used her for reference, too.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I get it a lot with pictures people have drawn based on the pixelovely gesture drawing tool as well, every so often I'll see a pic and be like 'oh hey roman-senator dude!'

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Hasty late-night sketch of a young lady at a bar.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
I'm playing Deltarune and it's really cute

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I tested out my Daniel Smith paints today, just doing some colour swatches and drat, the colours are good. Just goes to show how much pigment is in them. Now I have to think of something nice to paint with them.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

heavy liquid posted:

Is that St Vincent in the top left?

Yes. Yes it is. :dance:

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

IkeTurner posted:

Yes. Yes it is. :dance:

I thought so!

BTW, envelopes went out Thursday for both Shinmera and Keetron! They said it can take 1-3 weeks, so I guess they'll get there whenever they get there.
Oh, and I ditched my unique Blade Runner character because he ended up looking like Bono, so I just drew someone from the film.

I have kind of a series of progress pictures for this drawing, because I almost stopped a few times, but then went back to do more.

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."

Keetron posted:

The wonky perspective is the most charming part of this. I mean, the colors are awesome and the sometimes uncertain linework makes it alive, but the perspective makes it charming.
Haha you put a very nice positive spin on it. Thanks!

I went with the random animal generator today and it gave me Xray Tetra.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

bones 4 beginners posted:

Haha you put a very nice positive spin on it. Thanks!

When in med school, I lived with two roommates who were in the Rietveld Academy of Fine Arts as second year students. They would come to me for the subtexts to their work after creation.

After sending out the two works for the art exchange I am once again without inspiration on what to draw.
So I made another nebula. Maybe I should try some variations in color and lightness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Went to draw a WW1 fort today. But it was paywalled, and I'm skint, so I drew what I could of an old gun emplacement

then pissed about the harbour a bit

drew the old pier's pilings which were decaying in a nice way

and came home again.

:effort: