Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

I mean, presumably that's one of the things Giorno was trying to do when he pumped Bruno full of life energy back in Venice, and Bruno straight up told Secco in this episode that his heart was no longer beating, so... :shrug:

I meant like with a defib or something, or give him more life energy now and then as a recharge

but otoh that wouldn't be as cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Thumbtacks posted:

i dont even remember what happened to him in part 3, was his last fight vanilla ice?

Vanilla Ice cut off part of one of his feet and took a few chunks of out other places. After that, DIO carried him on the stairs for a bit before smacking him into a trash can.

He then took a plane back to France and apparently got mauled by the gay mafia at some point between 1989 and 2001.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kuvo posted:

dont really think the bruno v secco fight translated well from manga to animation. bruno zippering poo poo in front of him and running though it looks weird.

That's less because of the contents of the fight and more because this was a pretty badly animated episode overall. Blatant reused cuts, no real impact on hits, several angles and poses that were too awkward even for Jojo...

Considering the usual standards of the show, it stood out really badly, but I guess every series has a dud once in a while. And I'd rather have it here and not in an important fight, so it's fine.

Yinlock posted:

finally my favorite detail about mista can be revealed without spoilers: he is the Polnareff of part 5, a part that literally includes Polnareff himself

I don't remember Polnareff ever stabbing himself with his own sword though, he has that over Mista. I love them both equally though.

Yinlock posted:

I meant like with a defib or something, or give him more life energy now and then as a recharge

but otoh that wouldn't be as cool

Of all the inconsistent powers Gold Experience has, "bringing people back to life" is top of the list. Giorno never tries with Abbacchio, and it can't be used again on Bucciarati because...reasons.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

We've been over this Abbachio would have killed himself before being brought back by Giorno's bullshit.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's less because of the contents of the fight and more because this was a pretty badly animated episode overall. Blatant reused cuts, no real impact on hits, several angles and poses that were too awkward even for Jojo...

Considering the usual standards of the show, it stood out really badly, but I guess every series has a dud once in a while. And I'd rather have it here and not in an important fight, so it's fine.

I don't remember Polnareff ever stabbing himself with his own sword though, he has that over Mista. I love them both equally though.

Of all the inconsistent powers Gold Experience has, "bringing people back to life" is top of the list. Giorno never tries with Abbacchio, and it can't be used again on Bucciarati because...reasons.

Abbacchio was dead for too long and also would never let Giorno bring him back to life with his bullshit stand, and I don't know if Bucciarati's body would be able to handle doing this again, it's literally falling apart.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also King Crimson may have skipped the exact moment Bruno died so that could have contributed to his state of undeath too.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Electric Phantasm posted:

We've been over this Abbachio would have killed himself before being brought back by Giorno's bullshit.

Obviously, I'm not doubting that. But Giorno doesn't even try.

Maybe he also knows that Abbacchio thinks his power is so loving stupid and loving hates him so much and wants him to stop using it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Bruno was Joseph Joestar dead. Abbacchio was Ryohei Higashikata dead.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
As sad as Polnereff's condition is, part of me is glad that they showed some repercussions to his injuries in Stardust Crusaders. It was the Vanilla Ice battle and the evil clone sister one that got me to think "How is he still standing they literally took out whole muscles in him and they got no magical healer" but I suppose there's more explanations coming about his life between part 3 and part 5.

Also what IS it with Araki's signature move of sliding fingers into people's necks like their skin is jello?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Willsun posted:

As sad as Polnereff's condition is, part of me is glad that they showed some repercussions to his injuries in Stardust Crusaders. It was the Vanilla Ice battle and the evil clone sister one that got me to think "How is he still standing they literally took out whole muscles in him and they got no magical healer" but I suppose there's more explanations coming about his life between part 3 and part 5.

Also what IS it with Araki's signature move of sliding fingers into people's necks like their skin is jello?

He was fine at the end of Part 3 though.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RatHat posted:

He was fine at the end of Part 3 though.

Lots of people are fine in their 20s and early 30s before the accumulated trauma catches up to them.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
he reached anime old age

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

he asked the speedwagon foundation for cyborg parts like Joseph Joestar, but they gave him the wrong parts as a joke

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Polnareff tried to use a squat toilet, made sure a pig wasn't in it, calmed down, got into position, and

-pop-

legs detached.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/sallataire/status/1134544462737227776

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Polnareff being in Part 5 is one of the few things that was spoiled about this part for me before I started, so I've been wondering when he was going to show up. I was pretty sure he was their mysterious internet contact back when the explanation for the Stand arrow was given, and it showed silhouettes of the Stardust Crusaders instead of anyone from Part 5.

I almost felt bad for Cioccolata at the start of this episode when Secco started poo poo-talking him, given that the end of the previous episode featured a voice mail from Cioccolata telling Secco he loved him. Then I remembered it was Cioccolata and got over it.

Good riddance to both of those pieces of poo poo.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Blaze Dragon posted:

I think Bucciarati coming back says more about Bucciarati than it does about Giorno. As in, there was no reasonable way that Giorno should ever be able to bring back the dead, but Bucciarati wanted so badly to stick around that he just refused to die, at least for a little while.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
It's fate.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I just started watching the series from the beginning so no spoilers, but Joseph might have become my favorite character in any anime ever when he just tommy guns a vampire to death.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jun 1, 2019

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

No, it was piss.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RC Cola posted:

Shut up everyone, Joseph Jostar is the new best JoJo. Where the gently caress did you get that Tommy gun buddy?

Lmao, yes.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtlicious posted:

So I just started watching the series from the beginning so no spoilers, but Joseph might have become my favorite character in any anime ever when he just tommy guns a vampire to death.

He just becomes better and better.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

to me that wasn't as good as the apparently common city tactic of the grenade scarf

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

I almost felt bad for Cioccolata at the start of this episode when Secco started poo poo-talking him, given that the end of the previous episode featured a voice mail from Cioccolata telling Secco he loved him. Then I remembered it was Cioccolata and got over it.

Good riddance to both of those pieces of poo poo.

I can't remember if it was in the manga, but I was laughing so much at the end of the fight when Secco falls into the same garbage truck, and gives a pleasant "Oh, hello Cioccolata!" as it drives off.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Turtlicious posted:

I didn't really start loving the series until Part 3, but it was definitely a highlight. Part 2 has a lot of comedic action scenes as opposed to just punching, which I love, and I'm glad that this is the direction that the series went in. I think the only funny moment in Part 1 (in a battle, anyway) was a man hiding inside a live horse.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Polnareff decided to look very carefully at his stand's sword to see how sharp it is. Then an enemy stand user went "boo!"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

But it's a fencing sword!

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Vookatos posted:

I didn't really start loving the series until Part 3, but it was definitely a highlight. Part 2 has a lot of comedic action scenes as opposed to just punching, which I love, and I'm glad that this is the direction that the series went in. I think the only funny moment in Part 1 (in a battle, anyway) was a man hiding inside a live horse.

There's that one time Jonathan drops an anvil on a zombie.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

What the gently caress is Polnareff wearing on his face.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Glagha posted:

some kind of custom made jock strap i think

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice

Thumbtacks posted:

the only part of this fight that felt like bullshit was bucciarati starting to melt for no reason.

Wasn't it only possible because of how long Bruno was running through Oasis Goop World?

JP back and also hot now. I'm not ready for this or what it looks like is coming up :stare:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Glagha posted:

Its like youve never seen an eyepatch before

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Love to wear a clear eyepatch that looks like a DBZ scouter

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

JahRoo posted:

Love to wear a clear eyepatch that looks like a DBZ scouter
Polnareff is already a Dr. Slump fan, he probably like DBZ too.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

I gotta say, I appreciate that Polnareff still has his freakishly tall forehead that would make absolutely no sense without hair. Has anyone ever made a picture of how he would look if he was bald? If so, please never post it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Polnareff was one of Hey Arnold's friends as a kid I'm pretty sure

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Disappointed Trish is still in the turtle even after getting her stand. I hoped she'd show up to face Secco since they have sort of a similar schtick.

And I don't know if this gets explained, but I'd expect Polnareff to maybe call Jotaro to tell him about the evil time bullshit guy.

Bear Retrieval Unit fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 2, 2019

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
What happens if you freeze time and skip time at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Hemingway To Go! posted:

What happens if you freeze time and skip time at the same time

I assume you'd skip the time freeze