Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

A design document for Star Citizen?

EDIT:
Cat Tax

Rugganovich fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jun 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Amazing Zimmo posted:

If I was you, I'd give her my credit card number and banking details.

This is a once in a life time chance at true love. Don't gently caress it up :colbert:

Hmm.
Good advice.
I missed out on getting a titanium citizen card in the $10,00 package with my Star Citizen pre-order, I only got the pissy Freelancer package, for $125.
I won't be making that mistake again.
Need to practise my Russian.

quote:

Privet, prekrasnaya ledi.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Nice, Subnautica is real good. I love building bases in hard to reach areas in that game. I still need to go and finish it, I got into Astroneer lately for a lot of the same reasons.

If you like the base-building aspect, Satisfactory is a real good first-person Factorio-like. Build Factories the size of mountains.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Amazing Zimmo posted:

If I was you, I'd give her my credit card number and banking details.

This is a once in a life time chance at true love. Don't gently caress it up :colbert:

Don't you think she might be happier with a jpeg?
Money is over-rated and there's nothing can beat a quality jpeg.
Even better, buy her a land claim.

It's the thought that counts, right?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:lol: at racist ray being back in the game

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This is THAT Kazan that goes around telling people who he is and what he does and then says he was doxxed?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Personally if I were a desperate attention seeking loser like That Kazaa I would focus less on the “omg they doxxed me” aspect and more on the “I’m the man who ended Derek Smart’s reign of terror” aspect. Seems like it would get more traction.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Jonny Nox posted:

If you like the base-building aspect, Satisfactory is a real good first-person Factorio-like. Build Factories the size of mountains.

Are there deep puzzles in this like factorio? I saw some launch/beta/EA/whatever stuff and it all seemed rather basic.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

Personally if I were a desperate attention seeking loser like That Kazaa I would focus less on the “omg they doxxed me” aspect and more on the “I’m the man who ended Derek Smart’s reign of terror” aspect. Seems like it would get more traction.

I just like that he's moved to "they" doxxed me so he doesn't have to admit that we banned Derek Smart cause of doxxing; something they won't do.

Also if he wasn't such an insecure shithead he wouldn't've had to "brag" about his lovely spark QA job (or whatever) so much.

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral
Chris is controlling the backers controlling their wallets. Fidelity is in.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

CMDR slashnotheotherone

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

I thought he doxxed himself

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

iron buns posted:

CMDR slashnotheotherone

My hope is that one day a junior programmer will mishandle a username, something will gently caress up on the server and suddenly I am transported to Raxxla. :downsowned:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Even Call Of Duty now has better graphical fidelity than Star Citizen :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-ku28RArRo

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Squadron 42 progress watch - Update 2019/06/01

:reddit: posted:

Thank you tons for this!

I know there’s a lot of skepticism that the beta date will slip. But every week that it still says the same date for beta I hold my breath a little.

If you look at the Q2 progress, they cut out two thirds of the content and pushed it into later patches. A shame. :(

Should be called lack of progress watch 😆

Q2 2020 is gonna be rad

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Nobody praised this so I'm praising it

Star Citizen deserves more editorial cartoons imo

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Aye, if it compiles and links it's good right. :mmmhmm:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

reverend crabhands posted:

Wonder how much the compiler would actually optimize that

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Ah yes the ole' super secret information I can't share with you but rest assured everything is as planned and all will be well.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

Notice me senpai!

I see stress eating is in again. Dude has gotten fat as hell.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Technically it works, but it’s like putting your pants on over your head. Somehow Derek believing in ‘good enough’ is prophetic.

Edit: does anyone have Cmdr rm -Rf *?

Hav fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 1, 2019

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Our game is real, Red Bull is real, Rexzilla is real and so are his viewers but especially our devs

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Hav posted:

Technically it works, but it’s like putting your pants on over your head. Somehow Derek believing in ‘good enough’ is prophetic.

Edit: does anyone have Cmdr rm -Rf *?

CMDR Robert'); DROP TABLE Players; -- reporting in.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

iron buns posted:

CMDR Robert'); DROP TABLE Players; -- reporting in.

Little Bobby Tables, we call him

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Hav posted:

does it tho?

please can we unit test this function!

reverend crabhands fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 1, 2019

Kesshan
Jan 29, 2010

The biggest issue with it is the ambiguous (misleading?) method name "compareBooleans". The second biggest issue is everything else.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

I think it’s more that nobody cared. Or continues to care. The victimhood is an easy thing to wave around.

These are people who believe that the Director of Wing Commander is supra-competent, which flies in the face of evidence. Curiously, all these scenarios they have of the final mic drop on release of the game fails to realize that our expectations are a lot lower than theirs are. Particularly the bits they believe they own because they pre-ordered a game mechanic.

They cannot conceive that it will be bad, partially because they have a bunch of people....look, one of my lessons in life is that the more that someone directly advertises, the more likely the product isn’t going to stand up on it’s own. They’re pumping money to frack the remaining people on the fence. The whole Rexilla nonsense is pure marketing, and it’s so far beyond organic that I’m still waiting for the shoe to drop.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Our game is real, Red Bull is real, Rexzilla is real and so are his viewers but especially our devs

Hav posted:

They cannot conceive that it will be bad, partially because they have a bunch of people....look, one of my lessons in life is that the more that someone directly advertises, the more likely the product isn’t going to stand up on it’s own. They’re pumping money to frack the remaining people on the fence. The whole Rexilla nonsense is pure marketing, and it’s so far beyond organic that I’m still waiting for the shoe to drop.

”It's almost funny how wrong you have it. There is growing new guard due to a perfect storm. Fear of the new leads to salt. A game like this can not be successful based on old money and old salt alone. ZDF as an org is bigger than Rexzilla. It's not just an org, its a movement. i am fairly certain that what we are witnessing isn't some co-ordinated marketing campaign.”

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

SoftNum posted:

Are there deep puzzles in this like factorio? I saw some launch/beta/EA/whatever stuff and it all seemed rather basic.

How do you mean puzzles? I only got ~80 hrs in Factorio.

You can't make any progress just going 1 miner to 1 smelter to 1 constructor at any rate.

The thing I miss from Factorio though is the local Fauna being hostile to your base.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Kesshan posted:

The biggest issue with it is the ambiguous (misleading?) method name "compareBooleans". The second biggest issue is everything else.

{
if (orig == val)
increase booleans;

factor = 3;
per 100ms (every)
}

That'll fix it. :slick:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

“So i guess what i'm saying is this is all organic growth of the game and a demographic change. i had a good conversation the other day on Discord with another content creator when this very subject came up. i asked her what she thought would happen as people who like and play Fortnite now start coming over to playing Star Citizen and she nearly spit her coffee out both because she knows its inevitable and the reaction will be a culture shock not unlike what you're seeing happening now with the emergence of Rex and the ZDF.”

I remember this and disregarded almost entirely because it’s chock full of marketing speak, and so obviously built around an influencer boosting another influencer that it was ridiculous. I picked out the bit I liked. Comparisons of Fortnite to Star Citizen will never not be funny.

And i hope you have those details for later, i’m very into the measurement cycle of the Baconian scientific method, because pundits never get asked about their failed predictions. They’re generally into promoting a narrative in the hope that someone will simply accept the position that SC is somehow a Fortnite killer, and that people should get on board quickly.

Redbull are kinda ideal, because they don’t have much embedded gaming knowledge.

Has anyone looked for history of Rex before this? I have. This appears to be his first Mechanima project entirely, and appeared after a round of funding for marketing. I’m willing to bet if I dug deeper into the requirements for advertising on various platforms, we’d get a bunch of weaseling about how SC is merely stoked to have an engaged and interested ‘fan’.

But this is not organic growth. Hell, he barely has viewership beyond the ‘old demographic’ streamers.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I'm sure this won't surprise anyone in this thread, but- more ship reworks incoming.

CI~G: "You pay for one copy of the ship, and we pack the next four in for free!"

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Redundant posted:

Completely off topic here, but in news about a game that actually exists I started playing Subnautica based mostly on this threads recommendations. Still early days but things seem to be going well. Next stop is the habitat building tool, I just need to find some of the rarer metals now! I want it mainly because I have filled up my little locker with lots of simple crafting materials (titanium, rubber etc) and I can't bring myself to litter the lovely sea floor with it all so now I need to build a house and a bigger locker.

I finally beat it literally ten minutes ago. It's a fantastic, fantastic game. Pants-shittingly terrifying in some parts, but a great game.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Also we're now in countdown mode to them being late on the Q2 patch, and they still haven't released the Q1 "fix" patch that was promised. Somehow I'm sure that 54% will skip right up to 100 within the next three weeks.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm sure this won't surprise anyone in this thread, but- more ship reworks incoming.

CI~G: "You pay for one copy of the ship, and we pack the next four in for free!"

So, less polys it seems. How exactly is this keeping them on top of the graphics fidelity world when they finally release 3-5+ years from now?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sarsapariller posted:

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

Kazan should rename himself to "THAT Kazaa."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

That reminds me a lot of the ridiculous "negotiations" different clans used to do all the time on the RSI forums. That poo poo was rad, it was the most embarrassing poo poo I had ever seen and literally everyone acted like it was perfectly normal lmao

Eh, I have enough cred as "the good star citizen hater" (or at least "the occasionally reasonable star citizen hater") that I could probably cash it in to get on one of those shows. Twerk encouraged me to go to a Bar Citizen today, and I'm cool enough with Erris I could probably con my way on (I vaguely remember Dapper Don suggesting it on twitter and him not hating the idea) but like... what would be the point? It would just be a hot wet pile of nothing. It would 100% boil down to "We both hope they make a good game, but I don't think they're going to and you think they are." I'm not really interested in trying to flex on people about why Star Citizen is bad anymore, and most of these guys have dialed their enthusiasm/zealotry enough that we all basically agree on the current state of things.

It would do tremendous damage to their groupthink about open discussion and I still think you should do it because you bring good arguments to the table in a way that is easily digested by both camps.