Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dawgstar posted:

I just noticed how downvoted the Batwoman trailer is in completely unsurprising news.

I'm going to guess the vast majority are indeed terrible perpetual basement dwellers that had also just left their scathing and largely misspelled review for Captain Marvel on Rotten Tomatoes, but there's also going to be some that just are disappointed they got such a poo poo actress playing what should be an awesome character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There are so many terrible movies and shows with male leads and weirdly their trailers don't get so massively downvoted.

Well, except A Christmas Story 2.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lurdiak posted:

There are so many terrible movies and shows with male leads and weirdly their trailers don't get so massively downvoted.

Well, except A Christmas Story 2.

Most of the YouTube comments are all 'THE TRAILER KEEPS TELLING US SHE'S A WOMAN.' It's hurting their delicate masculine feelings.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Complaining about Batwoman being infested with SJWs just shows that they haven't seen any of the other CW super hero shows.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

You already know the answer to this.

Yeah but I just don't want to think it.

Skwirl posted:

Because that's how they were painted by a bunch of Italians 700 years ago.

Man we Europeans really hosed up the world.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

bessantj posted:

Yeah but I just don't want to think it.

Man we Europeans really hosed up the world.

Well that depends on if you count the UK as being part of Europe. If not, 40% otherwise 60 America hosed up 27% The remaining is them loving up their own lands. Usually as a response to whitey loving up 97% of the world.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ImpAtom posted:

I've seen people ranting about how Good Omens has been SJW'd and is trash so people are gonna people.

I just don't see how I can properly appreciate a 30-year old collaboration between two master authors, adapted wonderfully to television without losing any of the charm or humor, if Pollution has lady-bits.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

David D. Davidson posted:

Well that depends on if you count the UK as being part of Europe. If not, 40% otherwise 60 America hosed up 27% The remaining is them loving up their own lands. Usually as a response to whitey loving up 97% of the world.

Yeah we are part of Europe no matter how many people wish we weren't.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So have you ever thought that shoveling your legal tender with a white man in the center into the fireplace was just TOO productive? My goons, have I got a deal for you.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1134923606096580608

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So tying vampirella to evs means they are definitely loving dead as a publisher to anyone worth a poo poo

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
The only thing they ever had that was worth a poo poo was Ennis' Battlefields so no big loss.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

TIL Cyberfrog is actually an old creation, I thought EVS created it very recently.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I found it in a dollar bin today. Did not buy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bessantj posted:

TIL Cyberfrog is actually an old creation, I thought EVS created it very recently.

Yeah, it came out originally in the... mid-90's, I think. It didn't exactly set the world on fire.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Cyberfrog sounds like a fake superhero kids in a Cartoon like Doug or Hey Arnold would be into.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
This isn't creepy at all

https://twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/1134537036218736641

EVS also doesn't understand the difference between a Comic Con and Book Expo

https://twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/1134541290996154368

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Let's crowd fund a ComicsgateCon and then launch the building into space once they all arrive

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Retro Futurist posted:

Let's crowd fund a ComicsgateCon and then launch the building into space once they all arrive

Like any of them leave their houses.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edge & Christian posted:

Yeah, you hear all the time about those sparsely attended Comic Cons out in San Diego.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Retro Futurist posted:

And then blow up space!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

This isn't creepy at all

https://twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/1134537036218736641

https://twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/1134541290996154368

Ah yes. It's SJWs who killed... wait, what's that? There are still lots and lots of hugely attended conventions including ones whose focus is on minority issues? HMMM. No, no, that can't be right. That would mean EVS is full of poo poo!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I imagine any con that EVS is invited to attend these days probably would be sparsely attended.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
His moms basement looks pretty crowded when he packs in the ten people who showed

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dawgstar posted:

So have you ever thought that shoveling your legal tender with a white man in the center into the fireplace was just TOO productive? My goons, have I got a deal for you.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1134923606096580608

She wasn't around comics in the 90s, was she?

20 bucks for a variant cover was the norm back then.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vampirella has been around since the last 1969 and published in and off since then. She was out of publication from 1983 to 1997, when she was brought back, probably to cash in on the "bad girl" craze.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Endless Mike posted:

Vampirella has been around since the last 1969 and published in and off since then. She was out of publication from 1983 to 1997, when she was brought back, probably to cash in on the "bad girl" craze.

From the context, I think "she" in that comment was referring to Renfamous.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Davros1 posted:

I was around comics in the 90s, which variant covers are you talking about?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Maybe they were $20 from a store that was selling them for profit, but not from the comic company themselves.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Davros1 posted:

I'd argue it's still the norm. Hell, overpriced variants is how companies like Zenescope stay afloat.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Anora posted:

Maybe they were $20 from a store that was selling them for profit, but not from the comic company themselves.
Yeah, it's that. Comic companies offered (and continue to offer!) tons of variant covers for "BUY 69 COPIES OF ASSBLASTER #420 AND GET 1 NUDE VARIANT COVER!" which comic shops will charge extra for.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, it's that. Comic companies offered (and continue to offer!) tons of variant covers for "BUY 69 COPIES OF ASSBLASTER #420 AND GET 1 NUDE VARIANT COVER!" which comic shops will charge extra for.

I've been quietly giggling to myself about a hero called 'ASSBLASTER 420' for a couple of minutes, thank you.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'll have you know that the Assblaster Nude Variant I have still bagged is going to put my kid through college. So the joke's on you.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh I just had a flashback to people coming in and trying to sell Superman #75 with an earnest "Don't you know he dies in this one!?"

The last comic I saw during my time at the store that was speculated heavily was the Obama Spidey issue, although there by the time the news was out we couldn't increase our orders of the first printing so people were essentially speculating on second printings and up. I don't know how that worked out for them. Probably not 'fund college' well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bessantj posted:

I've been quietly giggling to myself about a hero called 'ASSBLASTER 420' for a couple of minutes, thank you.

Please don't giggle at my very serious GamerTagTM

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

Oh I just had a flashback to people coming in and trying to sell Superman #75 with an earnest "Don't you know he dies in this one!?"

The last comic I saw during my time at the store that was speculated heavily was the Obama Spidey issue, although there by the time the news was out we couldn't increase our orders of the first printing so people were essentially speculating on second printings and up. I don't know how that worked out for them. Probably not 'fund college' well.

Superman #75 saw a bump when BvS came out. Back up over $25 for months. The first printing of Obama ASM was upwards of $75 for a long time too. They did like 5 printings of it and I constantly had to tell people it was worth a buck or two.

I don't miss dealing with back issue values and pricing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I don't miss dealing with back issue values and pricing.

Me either. Past a certain point we'd tell them we're only doing store credit because there's only so many old issues of Web of Spider-Man that were used as a coaster at some point in their existence you need.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

Me either. Past a certain point we'd tell them we're only doing store credit because there's only so many old issues of Web of Spider-Man that were used as a coaster at some point in their existence you need.

We'd give store credit on bulk poo poo but it was like a dime a book. I made the store killer money putting together grab bags out of that poo poo.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Please don't giggle at my very serious GamerTagTM

Every time someone says 'gamer tag' I keep thinking about this episode of thefplus.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love digging through the cheap bins and finding still sealed copies of gimmick books. So many untouched playing cards and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Avenging Spider-Man #9 which featured the first appearance of Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel shot up in value after the movie came out. Take that SJWs!

I literally was given that by the manager of my LCS.