Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Copper Vein posted:

How do the Power A controllers compare to the 1st party Pro controllers? I bought a Pro and I'm loving it, but I'm curious about the Power A's with the programmable buttons. They do rumble and motion, but not Amibo, right? I can live with that.

I got a wireless one that doesn't do rumble or amiibos (but does do motion). It feels nice overall. One issue I have, though, is that if I'm pressing the left stick up, the Switch interprets it as sometimes jumping back down to neutral then back up. I'm guessing a hair or something got stuck in it since I can usually press it down and roll it around for a bit and it'll be better for a while. It also didn't start doing this until about half a year after I started using it, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Oh, and I don't use the programmable buttons at all. The way they're positioned, I'm constantly pressing them on accident. On the upside, they're fun to click while waiting on a loading screen.

The one I'm using is this guy:
https://www.amazon.com/PowerA-Enhanced-Wireless-Controller-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07GXJHRVK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I booted up Kid Icarus Uprising again and goodamn this game needs a Switch sequel.

Hell, I'd pay $60 USD for Kid Icarus Uprising HD.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
They obviously designed the Switch UI as if every gamer in the family would have their own, which is p rich for a $300+ whatsit, but I guess just stop being poor

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I get not having folders to keep the UI as simple as possible, but I wish that there was at least a way to switch to a text only list view.

I want to just be able to organize the games in an order of my own choosing. They added a few new options, all of them suck. Time played would've been great if my first Switch hadn't been stolen (as in, a house robbery, not just me leaving it on the bus or something).

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Robbers breaking into your house and playing Senran Kagura Reflexions making it your most played game is just so embarrassing.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Unless you somehow don't remember the NAME of the game you want to play I don't see how it's possible for their sorting options to suck.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Btw this person is claiming to have someone who is possibly gonna leak the entire direct a day before it happens:

https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1134282369718923264

This person is gonna keep it to the discord and not post it on twitter, but I have no idea about the "few others" they mention

I get speculation, that can be fun, but what's the point in leaks? Especially if it's only a day before? Nothing wrong in just getting the information straight from the horse's mouth when the horse decides to speak. It's not like they're are never going to tell us.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Some people gotta be first

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I get speculation, that can be fun, but what's the point in leaks? Especially if it's only a day before? Nothing wrong in just getting the information straight from the horse's mouth when the horse decides to speak. It's not like they're are never going to tell us.

because people want to know as soon as possible

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't really care about pr schedules so leaks are fine.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's a very mid 2000s fanboy mindset to have but I still enjoy the idea of a bunch of people simultaneously getting incredibly hyped at some sort of reveal. That's assuming there's any interesting reveals.

I think it's fairly certain we get at least one Smash DLC character announced, and we've got a rough idea of what games are coming although many of them we haven't seen anything of. I'm not entirely sure there will be a super surprise game announced but I guess we'll find out in a week. A BOTW sequel tease would be up there in terms of hype but they've been hitting the Zelda IP pretty hard lately so I think they might save that for next year.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

American McGay posted:

I think it's fairly certain we get at least one Smash DLC character announced

I'm convinced we're getting two. I know we only got one new character during last E3's direct, but they also announced that everyone was coming back and half the direct was Smash. That's not gonna be the case this time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

American McGay posted:

Unless you somehow don't remember the NAME of the game you want to play I don't see how it's possible for their sorting options to suck.

I'd like to see more things at once

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I'm the sole 10/18 release date

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

they're not gonna announce 2 smash characters at e3 when they could announce 1 character at e3 and 1 at some fall nintendo direct

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I hope this year's show is just another list of 10,000 Smash Bros facts

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

I need my loving Pikmin fix :catstare:

If it's just going to be a day before leak I'll just watch the real event for potential hype.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Brother Entropy posted:

they're not gonna announce 2 smash characters at e3 when they could announce 1 character at e3 and 1 at some fall nintendo direct
The timeline is currently setup where they need to RELEASE 4 DLC characters in the next 8 months. I could conceivably see one character released on the day of the direct along with another announced, although I agree it's unlikely. They need to start pumping them out though.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

2 at E3, one in a Fall direct, and one at the next VGAs.

Fawf posted:

Hell yeah

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Each of those Gamestop SKUs is a new Smash Bros DLC character.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

American McGay posted:

The timeline is currently setup where they need to RELEASE 4 DLC characters in the next 8 months. I could conceivably see one character released on the day of the direct along with another announced, although I agree it's unlikely. They need to start pumping them out though.

yeah maybe

i'm just hoping people temper their e3 smash expectations because the internet is gonna get stupid as hell when they announce edrick next week

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If there's more than 5 minutes spent on Smash I'll be incredibly disappointed. New games please.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Leal posted:

https://twitter.com/PapyrusSemi/status/1109451055102779393

:tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Brother Entropy posted:

yeah maybe

i'm just hoping people temper their e3 smash expectations because the internet is gonna get stupid as hell when they announce edrick next week

I will not temper any expectations, and I will not like Erdrick and you can't stop me!!

American McGay posted:

If there's more than 5 minutes spent on Smash I'll be incredibly disappointed. New games please.

Yo real talk, I don't think the direct wil devote that much time to it. I think we'll get one reveal with gameplay, and one reveal that's just the character announcement and that's it. Maybe a thing where it's like "4.0 information coming later this year" or something

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Mortal Kombat is getting Spawn. Smash needs some Image Comics representation to keep up now.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Welp, just lost my first Tangledeep character after 7+ hours of gameplay. Got overwhelmed and overconfident in an item dream and paid the price for it.

RIP Lady. You were dope.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

American McGay posted:

i wouldn't worry, even just thinking about games we already know about it'll be a busy direct

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Well that’s great for New South Wales but what about here

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

One of those better be a 3D World port.:argh:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

One of those better be a 3D World port.:argh:

You can make your own 3D World levels now! :v:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Fawf posted:

Ugh, I get that smash is the Celine Dione of fighting games, but can we please not end every direct with a character reveal like that's the perfect capper everyone.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

Ugh, I get that smash is the Celine Dione of fighting games, but can we please not end every direct with a character reveal like that's the perfect capper everyone.

no

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Leal posted:

I can't believe they're charging $200 for Waluigi.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I hope they ignore smash and focus on revealing good games.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fallom posted:

Well that’s great for New South Wales but what about here

actually those are eroge

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
At some point, Bowser will announce "We announce that we are releasing for the first time in the west a game from one of our most beloved RPG franchises. Yes, that game is--"

Then the Direct shatters.

It's Fire Emblem 1 for NES.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Macaluso posted:

You can make your own 3D World levels now! :v:

Can you? I thought it was just a skin with a few new rules not a whole blown 3dish level maker

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Has anyone here tried Swords of Ditto? It's on sale, but I've been hearing mixed things about it

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Welp, just lost my first Tangledeep character after 7+ hours of gameplay. Got overwhelmed and overconfident in an item dream and paid the price for it.

RIP Lady. You were dope.
That wind up being pretty good? Had a buy every roguelike on Steam phase in the mid-00s and am more cautious now since I've never won a run of any of them? Still have some affection for like ToME.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That wind up being pretty good? Had a buy every roguelike on Steam phase in the mid-00s and am more cautious now since I've never won a run of any of them? Still have some affection for like ToME.

I've been enjoying it. It's a very straightforward rougelike, they aren't really trying to rock the boat in that sense, but it is good at what it does. There's a lot of different classes and abilities, a good amount of sub-systems to mess around with, and it can get pretty tough (although the difficulty scaling seems to be a little wonky, especially against boss enemies).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

KingSlime posted:

Can you? I thought it was just a skin with a few new rules not a whole blown 3dish level maker

I was making funny joke, comrade