Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Amstrad posted:

I decided to try and duplicate all of the silver age JLA costumes, I think I did a pretty good job.

Does Martian Manhunter have nipple rings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Either this was edited in later, or ya'll forgot to add this part about the Snipe changes:

I can already hear PVP players reaching for their keyboards to furiously tell me how this change is <bleep!> since combat in PVP is a lot faster and this stops them from using Fast Snipe as an opener. Put down your pitchforks for a second, I got something for you:

Just slot one of these and all the Snipe powers in your character will never be slow. But don't discount Slow Snipes just yet! They are getting buffed significantly, their "wind up" time is being decreased from 3 to 2 seconds (6 to 3 for Epic versions) and the damage increased to Scale 4.5. Enemies hit by a Slow Snipe will flash "SNIPER SHOT!" above their heads while they ask for someone to write down the license plate of the truck that hit them. You can only use Slow Snipes once before being engaged in combat, so it better be worth it.

Also: Pool > Leaping > Spring Attack: now does Containment damage when used by Controllers.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Making Snipe into a ranged lite-ver. of Assassin's Strike works for me. AS (and snipe) used to be "A situational opener power because of the long animation and interrupt window", with stalkers having the addendum of "But you have to take it because it's a cornerstone of your archetype."

Then they made Stalkers good

THEN they gave us the accuracy instasnipe, which was "take Maneuvers with a Kismet ToHit and Tactics 6-slotted with ToHit SOs and you can use snipe as part of your rotation, aren't you cool and good for build-planning!"

NOW they're changing the instasnipe so that 'okay you can use it in combat but it's not as beefy as your big combat opener'.

A lot of the people who are complaining are just going "I've INVESTED to get insta-snipe, and this is punishing ME by changing how it works", which, yeah, I can see their complaints, but on the other hand, I am hearing a lot of unspoken "I've INVESTED, and these other people didn't, so they don't DESERVE IT" between the lines.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Someone is saying that the Rage change is fine, and you just need to use a Purple Inspiration to compensate for the Def Debuff. When someone else asked if that was the case, why not balance all sets around Inspirations, they refused to answer, and are now acting like the pubbie they are, replying with memes and, "I didn't answer not because I can't, but because I don't want to.".

pubbies.txt

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
They should next see if they can widen cone melee attacks so they actually got more than just the dude in front of you

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
One change I'd love to see (but I know isn't gonna happen) is for non-MM pets to not despawn once they hit a certain recharge threshold. If their recharge time is pretty much their out and about time, then resummoning them or waiting around so that they don't depop during a fight is just a pointless annoyance.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Kheldarn posted:

Someone is saying that the Rage change is fine, and you just need to use a Purple Inspiration to compensate for the Def Debuff. When someone else asked if that was the case, why not balance all sets around Inspirations, they refused to answer, and are now acting like the pubbie they are, replying with memes and, "I didn't answer not because I can't, but because I don't want to.".

pubbies.txt

You're always going to have slob knobbers defending stupid loving decisions. Look at the USA.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Slob knobbers, huh

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Just a little something special for all the villains who yell "It's [character name]!"

Gonna have to make some macros for Gang War.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

HPanda posted:

Just a little something special for all the villains who yell "It's [character name]!"

Gonna have to make some macros for Gang War.

Let the bodies hit the floor!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Back from the old thread by popular demand, it's Tropical Terror!

Except this time I have a build as well. It turns out that Plant/Storm is really loving powerful and fun so I shot him up to 50. You can wipe out +8s easily solo (faster than my SS/Bio Brute ffs), the only thing that can be a bit slow is killing bosses. But it's not bad once you get IO procs in freezing rain and carrion creepers. Also you can carry some bad/dumb groups (I'm looking at you, loving suicidal tanker) because everything is constantly flopping around on the ground if they haven't died to your AoE. I love teaming with this build, it's such a great force multiplier. Do you like seeing "You killed XXX" spammed in the chat log? This build is for you! You hover over the fray with soft capped ranged defense and decent-to-good resists to everything except psi, toxic, and negative. But you're a controller, you shouldn't be getting hit much anyways!

How to wipe groups the fast and fun way. Open with Seeds of Confusion then immediately follow with Roots to keep them from wandering. Then it's Freezing Rain and Tornado to lay down your AoE damage - this will melt any minions and probably most LTs. Immediately follow with a second Roots to keep bosses from getting tossed by your tornado, then use Lightning Storm. After that, you and your pet can mop up any bosses/LTs that survived with a Fire Blast>Strangler>Roots rotation. If you're stuck on something that doesn't want to die drop another Freezing Rain>Tornado. If you want to herd mobs, turn on Hurricane and push them all into your AoE (it works through Roots). Enjoy!

Build:

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...1A9FC06C38603FB

Cheaper build (you may have end issues and do less damage, but you'll still kick rear end especially in a group):

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...031E5BF798DF41B

Edit: Oh yeah, and with Steamy Mist + Celerity Stealth you can ghost through missions.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

every single time I read this bio I :staredog: at the second paragraph

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
What if he just sat on a stool or something in front of the toilet? Plus he could safely poo poo down chimney's without fear of smoke or getting burned.

I think he's just not applying himself to this problem.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

HPanda posted:

Best version of this remains Big Dick Energy. I went into the future with her, and Arachnos was very distraught.

"Oh no! It's Big Dick Energy!"

"Big Dick Energy was supposed to have disappeared twenty years ago!"

"Even if we die here, it will have been worth it if we destroy Big Dick Energy."

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Just put this together and like it, but I don't think the character creator is going to leave any room to really expand on costume options.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Sunglasses up, sunglasses down, wetsuit, super tourist getup, European variant, badly sunburned variant, turn-of-the-century swimsuit variant, lifeguard.

Assuming your powers are water-based, you could make a sandcastle knight variant while changing some of the powers to off-white to become sand.

HPanda fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 2, 2019

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Just put this together and like it, but I don't think the character creator is going to leave any room to really expand on costume options.

Why try to improve on perfection?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The rings as floaties are inspired

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

This is art

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Man I remember trying this game out back in the day but the p2w aspect annoyed me and I always feel so uncreative in my hero creations.

Especially next to Son of the Beach or Samurai Accountant.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Went a little nuts with making alt costumes for Le Samourai this morning. Turns out Mime is a pretty solid chassis to bolt accessories onto.

2 and 5 could maybe use a chestpiece to add some more variety, and I might experiment with some different pants and hats going forward, but I'm pretty happy with these as variations on a theme.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
If anyone ever asks if you want to do the Dr. Quaterfield Task Force, don't do it.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Man I remember trying this game out back in the day but the p2w aspect annoyed me and I always feel so uncreative in my hero creations.

Especially next to Son of the Beach or Samurai Accountant.

Don't be afraid to use the randomiser. It can throw out some fine things. If you care more about the powerset being used than the character, that's fine as much as a fancy costume.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 2, 2019

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
The Voidwarden. A mysterious gunslinger claiming to hail from 'the end of time', now in Paragon City to change their dark future. Dual Pistols/Temporal Manip.

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 2, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Everslain posted:

If anyone ever asks if you want to do the Dr. Quaterfield Task Force, don't do it.

Holy gently caress...

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Pirate/Mime is pretty close to Pirate/Clown which is a known valid option:

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Everslain posted:

You're lucky, my Dr. Q back in the day was 6 hours. I've heard tales of nightmare 12 hour runs.

I've also heard stories of one hour Dr. Q runs here, but I'm skeptical.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Everslain posted:

Just as I remember it!

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Gynovore posted:

You're lucky, my Dr. Q back in the day was 6 hours. I've heard tales of nightmare 12 hour runs.

I remember back in 05 right before PAX I was staying with a friend because we were attending that year and he spent all night doing that TF and got almost no sleep.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

the correct thing to do to protect yourself if someone asks is "are you chaining teleports and stealthing to the end" and if the answer is "no" don't bother

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I made an Archery/Trick Arrow Corruptor and I'm actually really enjoying it. Will it allow me to set fire to my own oil slicks with blazing/explosive arrows?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I'm not 100% sure what triggers it. If it's fire damage then blazing should do the trick, explosive is smashing damage though so it might not.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
WS18 updated some things that are seeded. Big ticket items.

!boost UNLOCKS character name
Unlocks patron power pools, Cimerora, and Ouroboros
This one is infinite use. Yes, very nice. Very...very nice.

Super, Going Rogue, and Winter Packs are seeded on the AH at 5m Inf each.

Catalysts, converters, and enhancement boosters are seeded at 2m inf each.

Nothing is inaccessible now.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jun 2, 2019

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I don't know if it's latency from terrible Australian internet or just how the game works, but every time I try to play an archery or TA character, all their animations are them holding the arrow for a second, before awkwardly hucking it at the target.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I made a shaark. Claws/WP scrapper.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Gynovore posted:

I think we did that in character over two days, once. I don't know how long it actually took but it was definitely long enough some of us went "Holy poo poo, it's HOW LATE?" and we had to come back.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Merilan posted:

the correct thing to do to protect yourself if someone asks is "are you chaining teleports and stealthing to the end" and if the answer is "no" don't bother

We had several stealthers, this hardly mattered since the majority of quests in the Task Force are "Kill everything inside the instance". If I absolutely had to do it again I would make sure to bring all Incarnates. Even then it would still take forever. There's just so many mobs to slog through but not in the fun way like the Imperious Task Force.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Are we all still on Indom or are we moving to the Goon server?

I don't care which, I just wanna hang with goons again.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Everslain posted:

We had several stealthers, this hardly mattered since the majority of quests in the Task Force are "Kill everything inside the instance". If I absolutely had to do it again I would make sure to bring all Incarnates. Even then it would still take forever. There's just so many mobs to slog through but not in the fun way like the Imperious Task Force.

Can't bring incarnates, Dr. Q is 44 so they don't have Incarnate powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Glazius posted:

Can't bring incarnates, Dr. Q is 44 so they don't have Incarnate powers.

Hahaha, you're right. It really is the worst TF.

Inzombiac posted:

Are we all still on Indom or are we moving to the Goon server?

I don't care which, I just wanna hang with goons again.

Vast majority are on Indom