Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Periphery posted:

Seems like it. Footage doesn't show a clearly broken ankle/leg but he couldn't put any weight on it and has gone to hospital for xrays.

Just all around a real successful trip, Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Solemn Sloth posted:

Just all around a real successful trip, Jesus

As if being cowed by Kochie into sacrificing a home game to further Port's interests wasn't bad enough.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
That was a really good goal by Sheed, left foot from the left pocket on the run

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

That was a really good goal by Sheed, left foot from the left pocket on the run

It's been a good 10 minutes or so

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Bulldogs defence is so bad it's making Jake Waterman look like a talented footballer

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Bulldogs also made Darling look like a great forward with 5 goals

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Darling has 6, has he ever kicked more than 5? I thought that was his bogey number
Edit: no looks like he's kicked 6 once before, never kicked 7+

ZombieJesus fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jun 2, 2019

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Ryan Gardiner for the Bulldogs looks like Tom McDonald wearing a fake beard

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

And this is what it looks like when a team stops trying.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Just had a flash of the blinding obvious:

Jarryn Geary had to go to a Chinese Hospital. And as someone who has been in a Chinese public Hospital, (in Fuzhou and Chengdu though, not Shanghai), this does not bode well for him. Although they may well have sent him to one of the fancy rich people/foreigner hospitals, which are better.

Also, he now has to endure an 8+hour flight with a broken leg. A broken leg thathas probably not been dealt with to the standard that a professional athlete is used to.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Well drat, what could've been a very good round (Tigers lose, Collingwood lose by less than a kick, Crows win, Brisbane beat Hawthorn, Carlton cement their spoon winning position) has been somewhat soured by Geary's injury.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
He has a broken fibula (the small bone) which is nasty but considerably better then the Tibula.

We cannot catch a break at all it seems this year.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Apparently 400 Chinese on buses were taken to the wrong stadium and still hadn't arrived by the 3rd quarter.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Bolton sacked

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Bolton sacked

Should sack Silvagni instead/as well as

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

Should sack Silvagni instead/as well as

Sack their list management team

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Sack the players.

Bolton should have remained til the end of the season but the club are cowards and gave in to media pressure.

Any assistant coaches taking over won't be any better. Besides, look at the skills of the players the past few weeks. The coach is only a small part of how bad we've been.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Can't wait to see what Malthouse-esque appointment they make

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Brad Scott or paul roos.

gently caress me.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

Brad Scott or paul roos.

gently caress me.

You could do worse than Roos provided you were happy to treat this as ground zero and ignore the previous 6 or so years of rebuild.

Brad Scott sure would be an interesting choice though.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Don't steal Ratten

Although it'd be pretty funny if he returned after getting the arse and things immediately improved

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Ratten would be good.

Never shoukd have gone in the first place.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

drunkill posted:

Ratten would be good.

Never shoukd have gone in the first place.

Yeah, that decision confused me, since Malthouse did gently caress all when he coached the Blues

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It was classic carlton chasing a brandname.

And then making up an excuse to fire ratts who just got us to finals. Juat like getting Pagan before rattan. At least nobody remains on the board since then.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I forgot Pagan, man

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It’s gonna be long john mire

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I doubt Ratten would want to go back

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Mitch McGovern to captain/coach, I reckon.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

cmndstab posted:

Mitch McGovern to captain/coach, I reckon.

Bring back Setanta

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Thought this was a joke for a second

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-03/afl-statement-on-score-review-eagles-v-bulldogs

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

When Alex Pearce went down with what looked like an Achilles injury he had actually fractured his leg. I have no idea how he managed that given he went down running and kicking the ball

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

When Alex Pearce went down with what looked like an Achilles injury he had actually fractured his leg. I have no idea how he managed that given he went down running and kicking the ball

Took a knock earlier and it collapsed under weight and stress, I expect

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Max King highlights to keep the Saints fans going through the dark days that are the bye after a horrible loss:

https://twitter.com/stkildafc/status/1135445761645207557

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

drunkill posted:

Brad Scott or paul roos.

gently caress me.

surely roos makes more in the media these days than what a coaching gig could offer him, as well as less stress and commitments to go with it

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Maybe, but a coaching gig is still 1.5-2m per year, with payout clauses. Bolton would have gotten a big payday today given he was re-contracted til 2021 in the offseason.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don’t care either way, I’m just curious: do those mega payouts to sacked coaches count towards the football department spending cap?

I’m guessing no, nobody would ever sack a coach.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I'm also curious about Coaches pay. One would assume they would be salaried, but do they get paid per matchday like the players?

And would Rhyce Shaw be getting more now he is the "Head Coach" than he was as an assistant? How would they calculate that?

These are silly questions that are probably very easily dealt with by the respective clubs/coaches contracts. But still I am interested.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

I don’t care either way, I’m just curious: do those mega payouts to sacked coaches count towards the football department spending cap?

I thought the cap just kicked in a redistribution payment equal to however much you went over the cap(so every dollar over you have to put another dollar into the redistribution fund)?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

realbez posted:

Yeah, pretty sure it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

I thought the cap just kicked in a redistribution payment equal to however much you went over the cap(so every dollar over you have to put another dollar into the redistribution fund)?

Yeah it does but if a club that would usually benefit from that redistribution like north had to pay out a million bucks to their sacked coach and that is counted in their cap, that makes it an even more expensive exercise.

gay picnic defence posted:

Yeah, pretty sure it does.

Shouldn’t go giving questionable coaching contract extensions then I guess.