Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

chitoryu12 posted:

And sorry to all the conspiracy theorists, but I don't think it's very likely that the CPD would have faked 700+ pages of documents and videos just so they could accuse a single guy of faking a hate crime. Nobody has time for that poo poo.

What other places are reporting is that the documents show the case was closed for weeks before the charges were formally dropped and Smollett was given the option to pay $10,000 in restitution and do community service. The detectives investigating were told about this but never passed it on to their superiors. So the most likely explanation is that yes, Smollett faked a hate crime, and he was given a potentially scummy deal to get out of it without charges.

this is an insanely bad take, stop doubling down and defending the CPD

or at least take it to the cop thread instead of here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

this is an insanely bad take, stop doubling down and defending the CPD

or at least take it to the cop thread instead of here

I loving hate cops and try to never deal with them because they’re useless. That doesn’t mean crime and staged hate crimes suddenly don’t exist.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
lol using the same argument as noted mind a. wyatt mann

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

I've got a beef with someone who undermines every effort at getting people to understand how serious racism in America is by giving chuds ammunition to accuse all hate crimes of being fake.

Torture sites take a lot less effort to set up than hundreds of pages of fake documents and videos. You can have Guantanamo Bay done by the same government that didn't fake the World Trade Center attack.

get the gently caress out of the happy thread, dipshit

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

fool_of_sound posted:

get the gently caress out of the happy thread, dipshit

Yeah, this is MAGA country.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm going to have to follow this loving idiot all over, aren't I?

Some people just gotta hate on a gay black man. Hmm, maybe that's why Smollett agreed to pay $10k to try and make this go away. He knows there's no justice in situations like this, which is probably why he never called it in himself and tried to stop his friend who did.

The cops have already released over 500 pages of documents on the case and not one single line in any of them connected Smollett to the crime, outside of the confession by the Osundairo brothers after 47 hours of interrogation.

Link to the latest drop.

It's late here and I'm going to bed, but I'll go through the files tomorrow, just as I have with the last two drops.

EDIT:

Link to the initial drop of files

Second release of files

Megillah Gorilla has issued a correction as of 17:07 on May 31, 2019

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
When the DA dropped charges against Smollett the white moderate and MAGA set lost their loving minds in a fury over it and that made me pretty happy.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

chitoryu12 posted:

And sorry to all the conspiracy theorists, but I don't think it's very likely that the CPD would have faked 700+ pages of documents and videos just so they could accuse a single guy of faking a hate crime. Nobody has time for that poo poo.

what conspiracy, it’s just the system working exactly as intended from the start

some rear end in a top hat racists in the cpd nudged the machine in just the right way, and everything else followed just as it’s designed to

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
take it to the cop thread or probes get handed out

I don't want to have to do that because this is the happy thread but sometimes you have to prune a tree to get it growing again

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
https://twitter.com/maruchan1312/status/1132465922982240257

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the rapper guy who made the country music song had a decision to make

https://twitter.com/LilNasX/status/1133848447008825344

pupdate:

https://twitter.com/LilNasX/status/1133852058380111877

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

take it to the cop thread or probes get handed out

I don't want to have to do that because this is the happy thread but sometimes you have to prune a tree to get it growing again

Putting bad posters on ignore makes me happy.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

PerniciousKnid posted:

Putting bad posters on ignore makes me happy.

How do you probate yourself??

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Well, he made the right choice

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

chitoryu12 posted:

Incredible that you think a noble institution like the Chicago Police Department would shirk the duties they've been performing for hundreds of years now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

mandatory lesbian posted:

Well, he made the right choice

2 dogs.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Thanks for staying positive y'all, and thanks chokes for being around frequently and checking on things

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I'll probably check the "cop thread" someone mentioned above for all my attempts to figure out that confusing story

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I'll probably check the "cop thread" someone mentioned above for all my attempts to figure out that confusing story

Seems like info is still coming out and it's still confusing/unclear conclusion.

This elephant happily bopping along to some live piano music is way happier though

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Glad to see the thread back on track :)

thanks all (except for the guy who got probated)

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
ya everyone who posted about the CPD thing in this, the holiest of threads, deserves a probe imo

I thought my dog had cancer but it turned out to be benign. that makes me real happy.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

oh Hell Yeah

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Moot .1415926535 posted:

ya everyone who posted about the CPD thing in this, the holiest of threads, deserves a probe imo

I thought my dog had cancer but it turned out to be benign. that makes me real happy.

No cancer for this buddy!

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Elephants are fond of music

And hedgehogs are very good at playing the piano

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got married yesterday and my new uncle in law brought his dog and it was the star of the show

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Moot .1415926535 posted:

Congrats!

I adopted a large adult son from my local shelter yesterday.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

blep status: activated

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Blast of Confetti posted:

Got married yesterday and my new uncle in law brought his dog and it was the star of the show
I thought you were gonna say your new uncle in law WAS a dog so now im actually kinda disappointed

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I thought you were gonna say your new uncle in law WAS a dog so now im actually kinda disappointed

nah just his mother in law :boom::stat::wal:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I have 4 sisters, and my ex-wife has two, with no brothers, so until my much-younger sisters started marrying my daughter’s only uncle was Uncle Toby, my dad’s golden. she made him a “best uncle” trophy to go with the “best aunt (tied)” ones she gave my sisters when she was about 5.

uncle Toby’s getting pretty old, but even with two of my sisters having married lovely guys, he is still Best Uncle.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
it’s honestly pretty hosed up that you’d tell that story without posting a picture of Uncle Toby

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bust Rodd posted:

it’s honestly pretty hosed up that you’d tell that story without posting a picture of Uncle Toby

I looked for a while for one that didn’t have others’ faces in it! I’ll keep at it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I would doxx the whole world if it meant I got to look at, like, 10 happy dogs.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Bust Rodd posted:

I would doxx the whole world if it meant I got to look at, like, 10 happy dogs.

have some more quinton (it was the shelters name not ours):

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
wow I’ve literally never seen a dog like that before. Some kind of horror-dog? does it eat ghosts? I bet they are nice to pet and sing to.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Bust Rodd posted:

wow I’ve literally never seen a dog like that before. Some kind of horror-dog? does it eat ghosts? I bet they are nice to pet and sing to.

yeah like everyone thinks their dog is special but honestly this dude is extremely weird, we have no idea what his history is. the shelter says they'd had him for 6 months and he was nearly feral when he showed up, but mostly he just seems like he lived in an old ladies house or something. he's very sweet and mild and just doesn't really act like a dog.

he's probably part chow, the rest is maybe some combination of shiba and bulldog. we've met a few shiba owners who say he looks and acts a lot like a shiba. his legs are hosed up and he makes weird noises all day. he refuses to stay inside, even in the heat (which he hates) and the rain (which he hates). he'll come in for 20 minutes every night to eat his dinner and say hi and then demand to go back out. he rules.

we could probably pimp him out online but this post is about as much as i have a stomach for

DONT THREAD ON ME has issued a correction as of 19:36 on Jun 2, 2019

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was going to guess some sort of pitbull/shiba mix, just due to the big block of a head and amazing coat. that dog looks awesome

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
check out my harvest

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

check out my harvest

What are those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
weird radishes and some hosed up pepper? looks good, i'm extremely horny to pickle

also what's it like having wood in the kitchen? i've never see nthat in my neck of the neoliberal hellscape but it looks nice. wood is good.

DONT THREAD ON ME has issued a correction as of 20:42 on Jun 2, 2019