Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Lucinice posted:

The new engine ,crossplay, and no season pass stuff brought me from not interested at all to actually kind of interested. Good work Infinity Ward.

You'll probably have the option to exclude other systems from matchmaking

Any information I can read on the new engine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mister Facetious posted:

They kind of had to, since the Ultranationalists actually won the Russian coup in real life.

(Please don't kill me Putin, is only joke)

i mean the dudes in MW series were all dugginist type psychos who are real types of fascists in russia. scary fuckers.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
The only thing that matters is if it has blackout

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Any information I can read on the new engine?

Here's a Euro Gamer article on it

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-cod-modern-warfare-delivers-series-most-advanced-visuals-yet

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Cheers. Some pretty impressive stuff there, apparently the trailer was in-game footage running on PS4 Pro.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Putting the over-under on the frame rate at 52 fps for a non-pro. Place your bets.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The campaign kinda seems like retarded Syria intervention/Al Qaeda propaganda if the leaked missions are anything to go on, but those IW guys who left with West and Zampella to make the Titanfall games are back for this one so I’m gonna buy it anyways because the maps will be killer

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It would be, at the very least, hypocritical of me to write this game off considering how many times I played COD4 even after realizing that the whole subplot about US Marines being deployed to fight a Russia-backed Arab leader named ‘Al-Asad’ is one of the most blatant CIA/Mossad predictive programming media psyops in recent years.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The campaign kinda seems like retarded Syria intervention/Al Qaeda propaganda if the leaked missions are anything to go on, but those IW guys who left with West and Zampella to make the Titanfall games are back for this one so I’m gonna buy it anyways because the maps will be killer

IW still has to cater to the MLG crowd so there's going to be plenty of 3 lane maps.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

the whole subplot about US Marines being deployed to fight a Russia-backed Arab leader named ‘Al-Asad’ is one of the most blatant CIA/Mossad predictive programming media psyops in recent years.

🔥🔥🔥

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

18th solo win yesterday. Check out the ~14 minute mark where I trap a guy inside one of the turbines while the circle comes. He panics and I get him eventually.

https://youtu.be/vqAKBKtG3Gk

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Kilometers Davis posted:

Can’t wait to turn off crossplay with pc players day one lol. If anyone else is concerned I’m sure that will be a feature. That aside, this actually sounds awesome. I like everything I’ve read about the game so far. This is the exact time when a proper reboot of the series is needed most.

They won't have crossplay with PC players enabled by default.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

housefly posted:

18th solo win yesterday. Check out the ~14 minute mark where I trap a guy inside one of the turbines while the circle comes. He panics and I get him eventually.

https://youtu.be/vqAKBKtG3Gk

Very surprised the barricade didn't get him.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

Ilarious and I had an interesting encounter at the construction site elevator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCLtp1sWTQU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Any word on a beta release for multiplayer or anything?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

We probably won’t know more until E3.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

fyi the cypher PAUL-OF-DUTY is available on Infinite Warfare to get 5 dupe protected boxes.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Really torn between buying this one on PC as opposed to Xbox. The last CoD I bought and played primarily on PC was the original Black Ops, and then I think I got Advanced Warfare for free with a graphics card and played half an hour of it max. Kinda leaning towards PC, but who knows if the player count will fall off a cliff three months after release with the addition of the whole crossplay thing or not.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Has going PC for COD ever been a good option aside from mouse/keyboard? Just always seems to be a half-assed release, and as you said, player base drops fast. Mixed lobbies will definitely help but no one is grouping with PC unless they’re trying to play with a friend

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It would be, at the very least, hypocritical of me to write this game off considering how many times I played COD4 even after realizing that the whole subplot about US Marines being deployed to fight a Russia-backed Arab leader named ‘Al-Asad’ is one of the most blatant CIA/Mossad predictive programming media psyops in recent years.

Oh yeah and also that part in Ghosts where you have to do stealth inside that big building in Caracas so you briefly take down the city's power grid. Lotta DOD/DARPA assets at Infinity Ward I guess lol

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Has going PC for COD ever been a good option aside from mouse/keyboard?

Nope. Doesn't help that PC anti-cheat is a joke, so you get the bonus of small player base and a greater chance of people running hacks.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

of all the CODs I’ve played on console I can count on one hand the amount of times I suspected cheating

I’m probably just bad tho

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

of all the CODs I’ve played on console I can count on one hand the amount of times I suspected cheating

Do you consider mouse and keyboard cheating?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I often use a xim & yes. But I meant more like instant headshots across the map type thing, which again, probably just me being bad/netcode

But let’s not go down the xim rabbit hole

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Google Call of Duty, Xbox 360, jtag cheats/mods

2008-2013 was a Hell of a ride if you were playing a CoD over a year old.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Roman posted:

No more specializations or pick 10, just choosing perks

Ugh, are they going back to that loving dumb poo poo they had in Ghosts? Or is this a WW2 "basic training" perk thing? Either way, it's probably going to be horribly stupid.

Have they said whether they're doing a Blackout-type mode for the new MW? I feel like they'd be idiots not to.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Gordon Shumway posted:

Ugh, are they going back to that loving dumb poo poo they had in Ghosts? Or is this a WW2 "basic training" perk thing? Either way, it's probably going to be horribly stupid.

Have they said whether they're doing a Blackout-type mode for the new MW? I feel like they'd be idiots not to.

I don't think there's much detail to chew on until E3 but I've heard some of the YouTubers confirming the no Pick 10 thing, and I don't think there will be a battle royale mode, unless it's some surprise reveal.

I'd love to see another BR mode with the new engine though. I enjoy Blackout but a less cartoonish spin could be interesting, with CoD's lovely tight controls.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

playing a CoD over a year old.

Gross

Unless it was during the Ghosts days

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
No BR is a terrible idea unless Blackout is actually made F2P and supported for the foreseeable future.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I enjoy blackout much more than the standard multiplayer. COD now is just super fast and super chaotic. I'm not looking for something like battlefields play speed or tactical depth but COD now just seems to be everyone running around like an idiot. Black ops1 and MW2 (minus drop shotting and dolphin diving) were the high points of gameplay for COD to me .

Now it's just too fast and too random

Or I'm too old

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Couldn't be less interested in another Battle Royale, please drop it. BR is extremely boring - I want to shoot some folks, not spend my time looting houses.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The new BR mode is in COD Mobile. It looks way better than Blackout.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Really hoping for F2P or at least part of it. The best part about it is that my PS Plus is ending next January and you don't need it for F2P games so I can let it expire.

I could put that 60 bucks towards COD Points instead so I can get pay-to-win poo poo that is inevitable in COD games these days.

Superanos fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jun 3, 2019

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
https://gamingintel.com/call-of-duty/mw/report-free-modern-warfare-spec-ops-no-battle-royale-campaign-dlc/

take it with a grain of salt but seems like no BR, Ground War is back, and most of the old MW2 maps will be in + other old maps

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Broshevik posted:

https://gamingintel.com/call-of-duty/mw/report-free-modern-warfare-spec-ops-no-battle-royale-campaign-dlc/

take it with a grain of salt but seems like no BR, Ground War is back, and most of the old MW2 maps will be in + other old maps

i also curious that the campaigns from the trilogy will be available remade in the new engine

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I’m excited for the pay2win F2P mechanics

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

housefly posted:

I paid 2 win

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
What would even be P2W in a Call of Duty? I know in BF you can just unlock everything, that's not much of an advantage in these games either (especially if you don't prestige)

I would never expect a BR in every iteration of a yearly franchise. More reasonable for the BR team from BO4 to peel off and do that.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
They should do premium bullets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Lambert posted:

They should do premium bullets

Ah, the World of Tanks approach.