Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Why does my online w/l say 1/2 when I've only played one match and I won?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
loving SJWs won't let me see Baraka's bony cock bulge , what is happening to this country

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
What does Baraka's dick even look like

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

What does Baraka's dick even look like

We'll never know, thanks to those woke SJWs censoring prominent conservatives like Baraka dick fans

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Quote-Unquote posted:

Why does my online w/l say 1/2 when I've only played one match and I won?

The online multiplayer towers count.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

WarEternal posted:

The online multiplayer towers count.

Oh, that explains it, thanks. Tried two of those. Failed the first one, second one the guy that was in first got wrecked and immediately quit before the other dude and I could fight, so we got booted.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
People were calling this game "Burkal Kombat" and it just made me think of a fighting game where you play as a knockoff Steve Urkel because they couldn't secure the rights, and that always made me smile.

Those same people were up in arms over the one NRS employee talking about getting PTSD, with choice opinions such as;

"You signed up to work on a MORTAL KOMBAT game and couldn't handle looking at explicit images of actual human dismemberments? SNOWFLAKE!"
"That's not how you get PTSD, idiot. Go join the military, soy boy!"
"Great now the next MK game won't have tits OR gore! loving SJW bullshit!"
"This is all Ashly Burch's fault!"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Four arms makes for a hellacious Chaos Dunk

Now I'm disappointed that we had Mutant League Football and Mutant League Hockey, but there was no Mutant League Jam

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Where are character victory animations unlocked? I've opened virtually every chest in the Krypt multiple times and somehow have never gotten one. Is it just from character towers?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Blast Fantasto posted:

Where are character victory animations unlocked? I've opened virtually every chest in the Krypt multiple times and somehow have never gotten one. Is it just from character towers?

Mostly, yes

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

for the record MK11 def feels like the most balanced game NRS has put out and not just because they relented on making zoning characters with like 0-frame poo poo like Deadshot. It helps being able to make your own variation too because MKX had a lot of "why bother to ever use this version" stuff going on like Reptile having one that made you turn sort of invisible. A game like the first Injustice was probably the worst, having genuine trash characters across from super-powerful ones.

Dias posted:

Low tier in this game is still workable, and that's kinda a trend with modern fighting games. The reasoning for her to be low tier is still valid tho, from what I understand.

Bugs need some love because the bugtrap variations are a cool idea but they don't work that well. I think they might have been worse though because sometimes they'd disappear if you got hit.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jamesman posted:

People were calling this game "Burkal Kombat" and it just made me think of a fighting game where you play as a knockoff Steve Urkel because they couldn't secure the rights, and that always made me smile.

Those same people were up in arms over the one NRS employee talking about getting PTSD, with choice opinions such as;

"You signed up to work on a MORTAL KOMBAT game and couldn't handle looking at explicit images of actual human dismemberments? SNOWFLAKE!"
"That's not how you get PTSD, idiot. Go join the military, soy boy!"
"Great now the next MK game won't have tits OR gore! loving SJW bullshit!"
"This is all Ashly Burch's fault!"

lol some galaxy brain on Twitter told me I obviously don't care about the franchise because I wasn't upset at the redesigns of the female characters. When I told him I have been a fan from the first game and linked him my MKX plat trophy, he replied with "It's sad you spend so much time on a hobby you clearly don't care about."

People are super broke brained about anything involving anyone other than a straight white dude, or a straight woman with giant exposed breasts

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

wrong bitch, a couple were also mad about Johnny Cage, who is a straight white dude, who became cool lame dad instead of staying ultimate giga-chad

I wish Johnny wasn't in Bad Krushing Blow Jail, I like playing him a lot.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 2, 2019

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Johnny Cage cannot be the ultimate chad when Shao Kahn is around.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

DLC Inc posted:

D'vorah sucks and I know people hate on Kotal though I think he's fun as gently caress to play, who else is flat out bad though. The only character who's been a goddamn chore for a variety of reasons has been D'vorah for me. Just some weakass godawful variation moves outside of her Flipping Out and the Widow's Kiss.

Strepsiptera (the grub that shoots flies at people) might be my favorite ability in the game. Using it to juggle from b34 into an air-grab is very satisfying and if you get kombo'd after placing it, it'll usually interrupt the kombo. She's definitely very hard to work with, but she's a lot of fun.

I haven't been using Shao Kahn long enough to be any good with him but he's already showing me how much simpler the game is when you're not playing D'Vorah.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

Johnny Cage cannot be the ultimate chad when Shao Kahn is around.

we have no proof that shao khan has ever hosed

the virgin shao / the chad kotal

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

outworld's throne isn't wheelchair accessible bitch

since there's a possibility we won't get Shang's jacket, I'd pay for something like a "Movie Pack" costume DLC that included the jacket, christopher lambert raiden, and Clearly Fake and Removable arms jax

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 2, 2019

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Babe Magnet posted:

This reminds me, it's kind of hosed that Raiden didn't swing by to heal Kotal at any point. Like wasn't it just a broken hip? Raiden does his Ham-Fisted Handwave The Injury Away trick on worse injuries all the time.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Babe Magnet posted:

since there's a possibility we won't get Shang's jacket, I'd pay for something like a "Movie Pack" costume DLC that included the jacket, christopher lambert raiden, and Clearly Fake and Removable arms jax

Same, give me the rubber ninja suits.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
I'd also love to see a Kosplay skin pack where everyone has really low-budget homemade costumes.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Doc Walrus posted:

This reminds me, it's kind of hosed that Raiden didn't swing by to heal Kotal at any point. Like wasn't it just a broken hip? Raiden does his Ham-Fisted Handwave The Injury Away trick on worse injuries all the time.

I assumed it was a broken spine, so he's paralyzed from the waist down now. Probably something Literal God Magic could heal but Raiden's a busy man. Also don't they hate each other? I actually can't think of a reason Raiden would go heal Kotal. Outworld Army support might have been an issue but Kitana Khan solved that problem like immediately lol

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Babe Magnet posted:

christopher lambert raiden

I would change mains

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
As a Geras main, I think he was supposed to bleed dark blue at some point and they changed it. His facial scratching is a darkish blue where it's red on most other characters

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

As a Geras main, I think he was supposed to bleed dark blue at some point and they changed it. His facial scratching is a darkish blue where it's red on most other characters

he was, yes. go watch videos of the matches back at the initial reveal and he's got different blood

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Doc Walrus posted:

I'd also love to see a Kosplay skin pack where everyone has really low-budget homemade costumes.

I was just thinking the other day how much I'd like a pack of utterly mundane stages to fight on, like someone's driveway or a supermarket aisle. You could still have interactables like sticking someone's face under a lawnmower or slamming it in the ice cream case, and having absolutely horrified onlookers would be great.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Ah yes being told to gently caress off because you don't have the opinions of the group. I missed this.
Goro in drag?

Jaxx ending:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmE_TuekaYU
10/10 best woke ending

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

lets burn posted:

Ah yes being told to gently caress off because you don't have the opinions of the group. I missed this.
Goro in drag?

Jaxx ending:
10/10 best woke ending

You’re a worthless shithead and should just go to 8chan where you’d fit in.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Sheeva looks like a person instead of a sexdoll and there's an ending where you make the whole world Wakanda, how god damned stupid do you have to be to think either of those things are bad

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
When you have the power to rewrite time, why wouldn't you do something like that?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

very upset that the monster woman from another dimension isn't sexy enough

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Wow, Shrek 6 has gone in a wild direction!

VVVv this but Kollector powerwashing the epidermis straight off my face with his hot, powerful piss

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 2, 2019

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Why doesnt the four armed character have giant titties and a tight rear end

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

drat Hotlanta Khan looks like someone else is coming for throne.

Too Shy Guy posted:

Sheeva looks like a person instead of a sexdoll

specifically, this person:

I like the new Sheeva more than the old Sheeva

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

lets burn posted:

I don't have strong opinions about Mortal Kombat but you're still a trash poster

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Kronika said i was gonna be the worst poster, who is this pretender

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

He was and its insanely lame. Or even better give him sand blood.

The fact that the game has so many gore animations means they should really be playing with characters that have alternate body parts when possible, it'd be so cool.

I can understand some things would be tricky, like having 3 eyes and animations that pop an eye out of a socket. Well, wait, Kano only has 1 eye pop out for Kollector's fatality, right? So it seems like you can work around it.

And even if its too much work to change up the body a lot, changing blood color should be trivially easy!

Like D'vorah has blue blood and segmented eyes and she's really different and its awesome. And then literally everybody else has red blood. What the gently caress? It seems super rushed.

Frost should have black oil-blood, Geras should have blue or even sand blood, and we should get DLC characters with cool opportunities like Reptile having green blood or whatever.

Kollector should have like orange blood. I don't know what he is but he's definitely not human.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

lets burn posted:

Goro in drag?

Jaxx ending:
10/10 best woke ending

Please go back to One Angry Gamer.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Sheeva's appearance. None. You don't find her sexy? OK then. You DO find her sexy? OK then. It doesn't loving matter it looks like a four-armed lady dragon monster and is in line with the other character designs and looks neat.

Jax's ending is just "Hey let's put an end to all that racism poo poo" and while it IS a bit silly to me to see MK take a moment to acknowledge reality and then use literal magic to bring about world peace, it's less than 2 minutes and has absolutely zero impact on anything in the game. I think we can all deal and move on.

But if you really wanna die on that hill that makes you look like a horribly intolerant racist homophobe then please let us help you get there sooner.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

So tonight has been the first time I've ever played a fighting game online and I (barely) won three times in a row. Now I can't get a game because everyone is declining. All the bars are green, ping is fine.

Ten in a row declined so I'm doing some towers instead.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I am offended by an acknowledgement that black people were enslaved in the past. Havin a normal one, guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

lets burn posted:

Goro in drag?
10/10 best woke ending

Nah how about gently caress off forever with your weird loving hate posting in the middle of pride month of all things