Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

flirty dental hygienist posted:

Hell yeah, I'll buy you a beer at the show then.

We can make it a beer exchange of sorts.

Acid King are hitting the road in the fall, looks like. Nothing in Florida, of course:

ACID KING ‘BUSSE WOODS’ 20TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR 2019:
09/20 Portland, OR @ Star Theater – Hesh Fest *
09/21 Seattle, WA @ Highline *
09/23 Denver, CO @ Marquis Theater *
09/24 Omaha, NE @ Slowdown *
09/25 Chicago, IL @ Reggies *
09/26 Indianapolis, IN @ Black Circle *
09/27 Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop *
09/28 Buffalo, NY @ Mohawk Place *
09/29 Boston, MA @ Sonia *
09/30 New York, NY @ Knitting Factory *
10/01 Philadelphia, PA @ Johnny Brenda’s *
10/02 Richmond, VA @ Richmond Music Hall *
10/03 Raleigh, NC @ Kings *
10/04 Asheville, NC @ Mothlight *
10/05 Atlanta, GA @ The 529 *
10/06 New Orleans, LA @ One Eye Jack’s *
10/07 Dallas, TX @ Gas Monkey *
10/09 Albuquerque, NM @ Sister *
10/10 Mesa, AZ @ Club Red *
10/11 Los Angeles, CA @ Satellite *
10/12 San Francisco, CA @ Chapel *

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Thanks!

Sort of a downer to find out that SubRosa split up, but also good to know they're still doing other things. Sounds like the new stuff will be just as heavy as the old stuff.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

my bony fealty posted:

Om is touring with Wovenhand in the desert and I'm very upset it's not anywhere near me

I just bought tickets to see Wovenhand with Murder By Death later this summer. It's my first time to see Wovenhand, the last time I had a chance, Earthless was playing literally across the street at the same time and welp

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
Is Wovenhand still considered Christian? I dig his music but always thought it was weird he would tour with doom bands. His latest album is really good

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

flirty dental hygienist posted:

Is Wovenhand still considered Christian? I dig his music but always thought it was weird he would tour with doom bands. His latest album is really good

Dave Edwards is still his weird Calvinist self yeah.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Calvinism is doom metal as gently caress

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

skasion posted:

Calvinism is doom metal as gently caress

I just looked it up and man, it really is doom as gently caress.

I'll stop referring to him as a Christian then.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Calvinism is a branch of Christianity, so he's still a Christian.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
new Valborg is cool

https://valborg.bandcamp.com/album/zentrum

sounds like Godflesh at times

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

He’s a Seventh Day Adventist, or was raised by an SDA minister at least. His Facebook is an interesting follow. Just scripture that’s equal parts protesting the government and really dark Native American imagery.

So yeah, doom as gently caress.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
This may be more appropriate here than the metal thread...

The guitarist from SATAN has a new album out today with a new band from Brooklyn, NY called, Tanith. It's a groovy dose of Thin Lizzy guitar riffs with a mix of both male / female vocals. Fans of The Sword will probably dig it. Check it out.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

The guitarist from SATAN has a new album out today with a new band from Brooklyn, NY called, Tanith. It's a groovy dose of Thin Lizzy guitar riffs with a mix of both male / female vocals. Fans of The Sword will probably dig it. Check it out.

drat this is really good.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Your friendly reminder that the new Earth album is out today

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

This is pretty rad

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

The new Earth album sounds like an Earth album, which is all I wanted.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Eat The Rich posted:

The new Earth album sounds like an Earth album, which is all I wanted.
I'm listening to it now and yep, it sure does! I'm seeing them in like a week and a half. I might not even nod my head at all, or if I do, it will be very slowly.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Just got back from Church of Misery (gently caress whoever booked Full of Hell and Primitive Man on the same night!). It was awesome. I don’t know how they feel like such an institution when all of the members save for the bassist are new. The current vocalist sounds pretty much like Hideki. They were very excited to play a song about Richard Speck in Chicago.

Also if I had known Mondo Generator’s sets were like half Kyuss songs I would’ve shown up earlier. I did catch them doing Allen’s Wrench and of course they end with You Think I Ain’t Worth a Dollar...

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 07:25 on May 27, 2019

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Saw Sleep tonight. Matt Pike always seems like he needs to warm up before he can play well. Halfway through the show Al turned his amps all the way up and things got really awesome.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Just n-thing that this is really good stuff. I'm buying the album.

Also, where is Galantia Pt. 2? :saddowns:

PardonMeHippo
Feb 18, 2011
Goddamn that was almost an overwhelming amount of Sleep. loving great. Still recovering.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Your favorite NMD mod’s band just put out a single, with the album dropping a month from today:
http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2019/05/21/premiere-celebrate-flesh-of-the-stars-return-with-rites/

Feedback much appreciated!

This is your band? I've been catching up on threads since I've been out of town and the vocals on this really stick with me. Giving the back catalog a listen now.

Eat The Rich posted:

Saw Sleep tonight. Matt Pike always seems like he needs to warm up before he can play well. Halfway through the show Al turned his amps all the way up and things got really awesome.

I was at the Vegas show too! I convinced some of my friends to go while we were in town for vacation. Big Biz ruled too.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Im in San Diego. Big Business didnt play. JD Pinkus opened. :(

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008

Just got back from Church of Misery (gently caress whoever booked Full of Hell and Primitive Man on the same night!). It was awesome. I don’t know how they feel like such an institution when all of the members save for the bassist are new. The current vocalist sounds pretty much like Hideki. They were very excited to play a song about Richard Speck in Chicago.

Also if I had known Mondo Generator’s sets were like half Kyuss songs I would’ve shown up earlier. I did catch them doing Allen’s Wrench and of course they end with You Think I Ain’t Worth a Dollar...

I know what you mean. Church of Misery was great and pretty much exactly what I wanted, and was worried having never seen them that the line up change would be... I dunno, different. Was an awesome show.

Mondo Generator opened with Molten Universe and I lost my poo poo a little. Dug Toke too.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just got back from Church of Misery (gently caress whoever booked Full of Hell and Primitive Man on the same night!)..

As an aside, get to see Full of Hell if you can, I saw them live last year, drove two hours just to make it. Their set was barely 40 mins but super intense. Loved it.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
Anyone else see Sleep at First Ave in Minneapolis last night? I didn’t think it was possible for Sonic Titan to get slower. The show was fuckin great and now I just want to see them again.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Snowy posted:

:gizz:Oh holy poo poo wow that’s awesome Night Goat is peak Melvins

a history of bad men is better

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'm gonna be in Lisbon, Berlin and Amsterdam through the first half of July. Is there anywhere I can see a list of bands playing in those cities? I know there is a site that does that but obviously need something more catered to smaller bands since this genre isn't quite mainstream.

I know you are on tour but they miss all my dates in spectacular fashion :(

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

This is p enjoyable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXNifriFBow

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 3, 2019

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Finally got to see Primitive Man. They were so good. I hope they come around again. I also bought merch again from a band member without realizing its a band member.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Eat The Rich posted:

Finally got to see Primitive Man. They were so good. I hope they come around again. I also bought merch again from a band member without realizing its a band member.

Classic metal show experience.

Here’s some video of that Church of Misery show I went to:
https://youtu.be/OW6Tm2YwNcQ (El Padrino/Brother Bishop)
https://youtu.be/2fKIbw1RJbQ (Spahn Ranch)
https://youtu.be/4JdQZCHx_Xo (War Is Our Destiny)

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

pocket pool posted:

Anyone else see Sleep at First Ave in Minneapolis last night? I didn’t think it was possible for Sonic Titan to get slower. The show was fuckin great and now I just want to see them again.

What did the merch booth look like for Sleep? Did they have any tour posters available?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Eat The Rich posted:

I also bought merch again from a band member without realizing its a band member.

This always cracks me up. I’ll be almost sure but instead of saying how much I like the band it’s like “one patch, please”.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I definitely bought my Thou shirt from Bryan Funck and knew it but instead of talking about the band I just asked how small their smalls were (he was helpful, but it turns out the answer is too small).

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Snowy posted:

This always cracks me up. I’ll be almost sure but instead of saying how much I like the band it’s like “one patch, please”.

Apparently when Melvins played Warsaw last year Dale was slinging perogies.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Yall I stumbled across a treasure trove of live recordings, I think they're all soundboard.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT2RaukKjfhYWfB7fwa9YZA/videos

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

What did the merch booth look like for Sleep? Did they have any tour posters available?

They had both Summer Tour variants on the wall with a price from what I could see but there was a huge line for a good part of the night and I kind of forgot to go over and check. I am kicking myself a little bit in hindsight.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

They posted a tour poster a few weeks back (cockpit of a spaceship/moon lander) I assume they will move those fast bc the art kicks rear end

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

butros posted:

Apparently when Melvins played Warsaw last year Dale was slinging perogies.

Damnit I was there and didn’t get pierogies from him :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Be sure to frame your Sleep tour posters, friends.