Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

FrankieSmileShow posted:

I am immensely grateful for this project, and have learned a lot from it, from both what went well and what has been going poorly.
If I see some real progress in the project and they ask me to make some more assets to take this home, I'll be happy to do it.

I'm just happy that during one of your streams you followed my suggestions and made the shittiest cyborg ever, a man with a bear trap on his foot holding a sign that said "robut"

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Semper game's

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Endorph posted:

mods please rename this to Chapter 1 of the Dark Drakerz Saga

Hyper Dark Draker

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Wow, I can't believe my pledge is getting me Barkley 2 and this terrific ARG content

Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

Ha! Ha! I'll now calculate your brain age.

WarpDogs posted:

This thread has literally been the only place on the internet that talks about B2 and yet hundreds (thousands?) of people care that it's officially dead?

In my case I forgot about this website until I saw screenshots on twitter. I just sort of assumed everyone was like me, making Barkley 2 release date jokes to like two other people in some small and completely unrelated Discord server.

Thank god I got here for the Dark Draker story. Now I'm just kind of wondering if I'm supposed to go away again or keep refreshing this page in the hopes that a google alert has woken cboyardee from a coma and he's already writing his own post

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Chas McGill posted:

I backed this for $15 and I can't say it hasn't given me $15 of entertainment.

except I didn't actually back it because I was unemployed when the kickstarter was going on

now i have a good job and this game is unemployed

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Wonder Turbine posted:

Hyper Dark Draker

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
honestly dark drakers is better than most of the first game so really I can't say I'm disappointed

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
On the one hand I'm overjoyed there's something in this thread to talk about. In a similar vein I'm not too upset since I backed at 10 bucks and hell if these past pages havent been worth it.

On the other hand, the only thing the kickstarter actually accomplished was creating weird body pillows, which I think is worse than creating nothing.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

does the dark draker kill you once for each year before you hit the ground

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
This is probably the only morsel you'll ever get of B2 so... savor it.

(Thanks Hat Thoughts, I was too stupid to embed an image)

Hat Thoughts posted:

Here, now gimme the CODE

"Hmph. You test my patience, whelp. Know this: I've killed a man 7 times before he hit the ground. My wrath is legion; dare not awaken it."

Smell ya later, and sorry for being too much of a pussy to keep posting updates/info in here until this hellstorm came to be. I wasn't like a PR guy or anything but I took it upon myself to try and chat up with the fans/haters/backers and post some juicy bits every now and then. It was pretty lovely that I stopped doing that when it all started to sour, and I realize it's super easy to post in here now that the cat's out of the bag and it doesn't mean anything anymore, but before that I was too embarrassed and hoping beyond hope that the game would get done and then it all would be good and redeemed.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 3, 2019

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

twitter's still active:

on bball tactics:
https://twitter.com/TalesOfGames/status/1135335683428638722

devs active atm:
https://twitter.com/TalesOfGames/status/1135330102294831107

GZ managed to get the commits window expanded from:
https://twitter.com/TalesOfGames/status/1135282911274504192

to:
https://twitter.com/TalesOfGames/status/1135286618070368259

nice cutoff in the original

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

im more interested in dark draker as a character now than anything else barkley 2 could have provided

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gortarius posted:

This is probably the only morsel you'll ever get of B2 so... savor it.

joke's on you this image is broken for me

or maybe joke's on me and that was intentional

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Yeah I'm disappointed but I'm still happy to have gone in on the kickstarter. I appreciate you guys' work, regardless.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Give Dark Draker his own spinoff kickstarter

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
actual footage of cboyardee entering the ToG offices to give an update on Barkley 2 development and the future of the project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1iKiX-58Ao

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Juicy Kickstarter update, guys...the promise has been made.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

just got a barkley 2 e-mail from bort's brother saying it's just him and one coder working on the game and that he still intends to proceed... lol

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

It sounds like at this point it would be faster to throw out all the code and start completely fresh.

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

New Kickstarter update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/talesofgames/barkley-2-an-rpg-sequel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam/posts/2525425

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

DACK FAYDEN posted:

joke's on you this image is broken for me

or maybe joke's on me and that was intentional

I did add a direct link if the embedded image doesn't work.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Gortarius posted:

I did add a direct link if the embedded image doesn't work.

image is broken even in the tiny pic lol

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gortarius posted:

Just to clarify (because I now realize my lovely wall of text can be misleading on the Dark Draker details), they all didn't share the same sprite, or at least I don't think they did. Otherwise they were 95% copy-paste jobs.

The original Dark Draker that the others were copy-pasted from was like this short guy facing northeast or northwest. I think he had a sword and a helmet. It was one of the wasteland/bonfire people. The other Dark Drakers either had some other bonfire NPC sprite or no sprite at all until I fixed them, but what tied them all together was that if you talked to them they would all say how they are as fast as the snapping maw of a drake and how they could kill you seven times over before your corpse would hit the ground, or they would just crash the game.

Should have just released it like this. It would have been interpreted as a work of avant garde genius.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sleeveless posted:

actual footage of cboyardee entering the ToG offices to give an update on Barkley 2 development and the future of the project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1iKiX-58Ao

shoulda spent the kickstarter money licensing that robocop gameboy track.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Roobanguy posted:

image is broken even in the tiny pic lol

See, this is the ToG incompetence that we're talking about.

Hold on a sec I'll fix it up...

EDIT: I'm too stupid to even embed images properly, so just looked up the other guy below who has successfully completed this task.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 3, 2019

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

bring out a barkley 3 kickstarter i'm puttin 15 on that too

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Here, now gimme the CODE

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

It's gonna get launched and Virtual Idol Kizuna AI will LP it.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Hachi machi

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Chef Boyardee posted:

Look, I'm really glad you like the jokes in Barkley 1 but if you think this game is going to be a rehash, that we're going to rest on the laurels of the original game and repeat ourselves ad infinitum, you're going to be disappointed. Barkley 2 is built on Barkley 1, but it's not Barkley 1. If you want to see the Barkley 1 jokes again, play Barkley 1, but every time someone asks me if something is canon or if Shaq Fu happened or any of that, I kind of want to blow my brains out. Let's just take a step back, chill out and try not to kill the joke before it's even made.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Here, now gimme the CODE

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol that little dude owns i want one.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Yeah, same. Being on GW was a big part of my "formative years" online, and Hundley was probably the biggest influence in me expanding my tastes in media during my teen years.

Waluigi-Soap posted:

Also a former-GW guy here, I really miss the whole gang. The candor around the project is appreciated. But if the game ever sees the light of day, please keep all the Dark Drakers.

hello Gaming World friends, now I'm curious how many other former GWers post here

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Here, now gimme the CODE

This is true quality

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
all i have to say is

[Wow][Good]

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

Here, now gimme the CODE

heck yeah

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
https://twitter.com/wolfpupy/status/1135343489703600128

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Hat Thoughts posted:

Here, now gimme the CODE

lol

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Dark Draker acquired his extreme speed by stealing time from the compiler. With compile times fixed, is Dark Draker still the speed of a snapping drake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

god the comments are loving hogwild

quote:

Woah! I was just checking if there was any news about this yesterday.

All this makes sense! Making games is not easy so I totally accepted if we didn't ever hear anything again and this project quietly died. And it still could! Which is okay, I get that many projects (not just kickstarter projects) get funded but then go nowhere, and I hope everyone else understands that, too.

I appreciate the courage that it took to post this!

I think I understand Star Citizen a lot more now