Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Team Terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

Those of you so sure I’m going to fail should throw down. What is the wager?

Olloth will buy me a thunderhawk if you fail your toxxes, if you manage to paint your poo poo I will buy him one.

And it will be painted by LVO2021 as long as it's purchased by June.

Booley fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 28, 2019

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Booley posted:

Olloth will buy me a thunderhawk if you fail your toxxes, if you manage to paint your poo poo I will buy him one.

Excellent. Thankyou for taking part is the community event.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Booley posted:

Whoever wins we all lose.

Godspeed, Mr. Terrible

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm excited for the Blackshield army made up of Imperial Fists who just really didn't feel like changing their armor paint.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Hustlin Floh posted:

I'm excited for the Blackshield army made up of Imperial Fists who just really didn't feel like changing their armor paint.

What armour paint!? 😂

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

This is the year, I can feel it.

You've got this TTerrible.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
At home shenanigans subsided. May I get another invite to the "30k" room? PM works for me.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Started working on a tartaros praetor for my Night Lords army, the current goal is to paint about 1,500 points before nova for the ZM and Centurion events.

Any suggestions on what to do with the wrist join? I picked up some liquid green stuff and normal green stuff but ive never really sculpted before. Im hoping I can get it to not look like rear end since the im really digging the pose.

fake edit:
Bonus Terminator body guard

Zasze fucked around with this message at 06:39 on May 30, 2019

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I wouldn’t have the wrist angled down like that. The heads aren’t heavy. Just have it straight out.

He looks fantastic though.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Chapter Master Raldoron!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Nice work!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Booley posted:

Chapter Master Raldoron!

Real good on everything but the eyes!

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
He looks really psyched to be cleaning his sword.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Nice crow army

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'm hearing reports that a BIG GAME is going down and some MASTER DECEPTIONS have been deployed.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

I'm hearing reports that a BIG GAME is going down and some MASTER DECEPTIONS have been deployed.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So with the Betrayal at Calth being discontinued....what's the best way to get into the 30k universe?
I love the stories and would enjoy setting up an army or 2.

Am I stuck looking at Forgeworld and dropping $300+ to even get 1,000 points?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So with the Betrayal at Calth being discontinued....what's the best way to get into the 30k universe?
I love the stories and would enjoy setting up an army or 2.

Am I stuck looking at Forgeworld and dropping $300+ to even get 1,000 points?

You can still pickup plastic MKIV, MKIII, Tartaros and Cataphractii terminators in plastic. If you pick them up from a retailer that does 20% off (and even wait for an eBay coupon to stack on top of that) you can still get started cheap.

There are specific army setups that use almost entirely plastic. What kind of legions/armies are you interested in?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

TTerrible posted:

You can still pickup plastic MKIV, MKIII, Tartaros and Cataphractii terminators in plastic. If you pick them up from a retailer that does 20% off (and even wait for an eBay coupon to stack on top of that) you can still get started cheap.

There are specific army setups that use almost entirely plastic. What kind of legions/armies are you interested in?

World Eaters, always dug the White and Blue Pre-heresy colour scheme, Deathguard, Iron Warriors or the Imperial Fist

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

This was so hard to keep quiet.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
Pictures of a giant model like this is hard.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

General Olloth posted:

Pictures of a giant model like this is hard.

That truck nutz banner is :discourse:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tiny Chalupa posted:

World Eaters, always dug the White and Blue Pre-heresy colour scheme, Deathguard, Iron Warriors or the Imperial Fist

Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists I know you can can build decent Primarchs Chosen lists for cheap with the plastic kits. I'm not sure if World Eaters or Deathguard are as hamstrung by that setup. Anyone else?

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

General Olloth posted:

:toxx: for 2019. By the end of the year American Samoa, I will build/paint/finish:
  • One 28mm warhound titan
  • One Porphyrion
  • Two 28mm Cerastus Knights (one of these is built already)
  • Two 28mm Questoris Knights (in addition to the one that I have 99% done on my desk)
  • 1500 points of Adeptus Titanicus
  • Three fast attack choices for my Emperor's Children
  • Fulgrim (he's just primer right now)
  • Eidolon (he's just primer right now)
  • 10 Kakophonii
  • 10 Jump Pack Palatine Blades
  • 5 lascannon heavy support for my EC

:colbert:

:shepicide:

:toxx:

Adding at least 2k points of Epic 30k Emperor's Children

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
:bisonyes:

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Your son told me to, I couldn't say no.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists I know you can can build decent Primarchs Chosen lists for cheap with the plastic kits. I'm not sure if World Eaters or Deathguard are as hamstrung by that setup. Anyone else?

That's freaking awesome!! Thank you. If anyone els eknows if the World Eaters or Deathguard can do the same...that would be greatly appreciated.

I'll start poking around to see what sort of list I can build w/ Iron Warriors and Imperial Fist. Truthfully I'd love to combine them with some Adeptus Titanicus legions and work on building a campaign around 30k and Titan Legions.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tiny Chalupa posted:

That's freaking awesome!! Thank you. If anyone els eknows if the World Eaters or Deathguard can do the same...that would be greatly appreciated.

I'll start poking around to see what sort of list I can build w/ Iron Warriors and Imperial Fist. Truthfully I'd love to combine them with some Adeptus Titanicus legions and work on building a campaign around 30k and Titan Legions.

Yesss a combined campaign would be great. Some of the posters ITT have been playing a 30k campaign recently that had some cool ZM/normal game interaction.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I mean, 60 World Eaters with chain axes sounds like something that you could do but not necessarily sure if you should.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ijyt posted:

I mean, 60 World Eaters with chain axes sounds like something that you could do but not necessarily sure if you should.

Berserker Assault is good as hell, so 60 guys is sound.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That's a whole lotta resin chainaxes though and they're gonna need transports.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Apothecaries and running is sort of like transports.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Apothecaries and running is sort of like transports.

Very World Eater point of view.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TTerrible posted:

That's a whole lotta resin chainaxes though and they're gonna need transports.

Chainswords count as.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

ijyt posted:

Chainswords count as.

Go one step further and clip the chainswords in half!

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Mega battle with our titans from yesterday:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ijyt posted:

Chainswords count as.

Sorry this bullshit is explicitly forbidden in the rules, you utter buffoon. You nincompoop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Booley posted:

Mega battle with our titans from yesterday:
*Tons of crazy pics*

drat has the scale of this game changed since I last really threw down 40k, or worked for the company. I switched over to Warmachine not long after Apocalypse dropped so I've missed a few editions but gently caress man. There are some REALLY nice painted models and just overall cool looking things going down there.

Anywho, I'll look to grab some Mk III Squads and start working on colour schemes. Adeptus Titanicus once I figure out what drat legion worked w/ the Iron Warriors. I see them winning out on the army I go with